It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

enough with the secrets already....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What gives the right for some people to hide secrets from us such as the Vatican archives for example....we shouldnt be witheld from this knowledge

What other secrets are being held from us or being prevented from exploring I'd like to know all the different ones please if you can name a few

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wow, could be here all day but heres a few:
what really happened at 9/11
area 51
who killed JFK/any political figure etc or high profile assassination
where is/what happened to Osama Bin laden
the problems at fukushima
the extent of government spying etc
and how anyone can actually stand watching jersey shore

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Sour patch kids...
how can something be sour & sweet at the same time?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

What other secrets are being held from us or being prevented from exploring

You really, really....really don't want to know.

It's so far gone, you'd have a brain aneurism, or at least a heart attack.
Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

I wish I could go back from where I am now, I saw too much. You don't want to be there, enjoy your blissful ignorance to the full extent. It's bad, you don't need to know the details.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

So u know a lil sumthing, sumthing?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Yeah. I trick myself everyday into believing in a positive outcome.
I fail everyday. But what keeps me going, is making anyone's life better, even if just for 5 minutes. Making someone else happier, that's all that matters to me.

Things are so bad, I can't begin to articulate 1% of it all. At the same time, life is beautiful and amazing. How to balance the two? See everything for what it is, at the time that it exists, and the bad stuff fades away at least for a brief moment. Find humility, find humbleness and balance awareness.

Life can be what you make of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Let's say we have a bar of gold.

If we give this bar of gold to one person, that one person can do a lot of good (or bad) with it. Helping (or hurting) many others and him/herself.

If we break this bar of gold down to a million pieces and separate amongst a million people, it will not change their lives at all. Nor anyone else's.

It's not all bad to keep a secret. It avoids dilution, retains purity, and gives a chance, at least, for someone to do something worthwhile.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
People always tell me "I'm good people" cause I do nothing but help others and try to better myself but still feel like somethings missing or somethings not right...and I always like to be smiling idk why I just love it

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Crap!

A secret is the withholding of knowledge. In all of history the only reason to withhold knowledge is to increase or maintain power. There are still secrets being withheld from WW1 and WW2. These are withheld because they are embarrassing. If all of the secrets were released a lot of people who deserve a stint in goal would get that stint.

Secrets protect evil people.

Oh, OK, before someone points it out, it is ok to keep surprise birthday parties a secret.

P

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Possesion is nine tenths.
They have possesion of the old things.
We have no rights to their property.
Sucks but I deal with it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I think JibbyJedi is holding out on us with some secrets. Anyway, I thought the OP meant not so much of the coverups, but the information that is not accessible to the Average Joe Six-Pack. But yeah, I guess all of that falls under private collections and government archives.

But then again, knowledge has never really been public has it? Look at any civilization with a largely illiterate population. There will always be a serf class that isn't privy to the secrets. Commoners never knew what the priests, and smiths, and skilled artisans knew and so on and so forth. It's still the same if you ask me. There is still some well-guarded knowledge that is not public.

It's the impetus for control and keeping the status quo. When you get a population to internalize and absorb something, then they fail to question and challenge it. I'd say we failed to break the mystification and secrets will remain secret.
edit on 6-6-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What gives the right for some people to hide secrets from us such as the Vatican archives for example....we shouldnt be witheld from this knowledge

Shhhhh! It's for your own good. If you knew those secrets...

Oh no! Too late!
edit on 6/6/2012 by Klassified because: quote

new topics

top topics

join