It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide and thread warnings.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

suicide is the easy way out...

Are you speaking from experience?
edit on 2012/6/6 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

yes, i have chose to live this life and deal with everyday hardships as opposed to stop facing them all together, whats easier? to continue moving down a deep dark lonely unknown road, or to stop sit down and never have to deal with the hardships of a journey that will inevitably end one way, death.

You misunderstand the question.

Are you speaking from experience of attempting suicide yourself and thus can actually compare the difference between continuing to do what you are already generally familiar with versus actually "pulling the trigger" so to speak?

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks for sharing smyleegrl

I also have P.T.S.D... I do not take any medications for I have lived with it since I was a child. I felt a connection with you from a couple of posts I read of yours. I tell people, life is a roller-coaster, ups and downs, but never the same for long, and as long as we hang on during those double loops, we will be ok. Enjoy the ride

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
My Grandfather at the ripe young age of 87 ate the "lead pill", coated his garage ceiling and wall with his last thoughts.
My Grandma had passed 13 years before of natural causes.
All of my Grandpa's grandkids were grown and had kids or their own.
My Grandpa had beat colon cancer two years earlier at a great cost to his wellbeing and had just found out he had brain cancer.
Inside his house all over the counters and tables were pictures of his family, a sign that he was thinking hard about the subject at hand.
He left a simple note and had no regrets.
He did his job and did it well, he was ready to punch the clock and go home to Grandma.
I am totally fine with mu Grandpa's death, how do you feel?
Was he wrong?

With all due respect, your grandfather was 87 years old. It is less "technically suicide" and more "being in control of one's fate", and choosing not to deal with suffering needlessly considering he knew he was going to die very soon anyway.

However, it is entirely different to "egg someone on" and try to convince them it's okay to kill themselves. ESPECIALLY on the internet, when you don't even know that person, how old they are, and what they've been through.

Egging on suicide over the internet firmly belongs in the bottom of the barrel of wretched behavior. If you want to convince people to kill themselves by proxy via the Web, then go to 4chan. If I see you do it here, I will report you fast.
edit on 7-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"Thou shall not kill..." thy self's included I would think!

It is in my opinion that suicide is not in the natural plan of things!

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScatterBrain
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks for sharing smyleegrl

I also have P.T.S.D... I do not take any medications for I have lived with it since I was a child. I felt a connection with you from a couple of posts I read of yours. I tell people, life is a roller-coaster, ups and downs, but never the same for long, and as long as we hang on during those double loops, we will be ok. Enjoy the ride

Isn't it amazing the bonds that can form online?

You are absolutely right. Hang on, hold on. Gotta go through the valleys, but the mountain peak views are worth it...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Duly noted that you will "tell on me" if I endorse someones right to make their own decisions.
If a person is going to commit suicide, they will.
The rest will make a plea for help and then get help or not.
These ones generally always live, they just end up a lil hurt is all.
You know the old saying, down the road not across the tracks?
Why would you want to keep the weak genes in the gene pool anyway?
Or do you suffer the bible block too?
We are all put here for a purpose.
When that is done, so are we and we don't last one second more.
Keep in mind please, this is NOT a troll, this is the way I truly feel.
Many talk of how this or that saved their lives I disagree, they were never in any danger to start.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

One can keep their blood sugar within specs and still not be cured of diabetes.
Some things just have no "CURE".
No matter what your nameplate says.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I see what you are saying and the thing that caught me the most,

You can either offer a hand and pull them up or stomp on their fingers. You chose, again in my opinion, the latter.

The thing that I took from this, this person WANTS to live and just realized it BEFORE it was too late.
Of course you must pull this person up, they now know the lesson.
The person who was TRULY suicidal, you wouldn't get a chance as they would already be on the rocks below.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
reply to post by g146541

If you feel like you could harm yourself our others, get some help. I did.

Since about a year and a half now I was sure that my only option left was to opt out.
Thank god I didn't take the leap ( literally ) because I love my family and friends and they love me.
If someone holds you dearly, unless you're on your death bed suffering with no chance of survival, there is a way to
get passed our demons, and overcome sorrow.

Talk to people you love and open your heart to them, you'll see that suicide is not really an option since we all have to face our destiny, walk our path to the end and witness the beauty and glory of self accomplishment at the last moment, the last breath that was destined in time for us all.

Again, get some help if sorrow, loneliness or anger takes a toll in your life, I did.
And I've been doing good so far ( something that helps is to think about the reaction of my mom when she'd hear the bad news ( tears me up everytime) and the idea quickly becomes a non option ), I love you brother ( or sister?) and I believe in every person and their potential of full self accomplishment.

Take care OP and Peace!

It seems you were never suicidal but just bummed out, you know what you have and what it is worth, plus you are here to write about it.
There is a difference between sad and suicidal.
Good to see ya here.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by SyphonX

Duly noted that you will "tell on me" if I endorse someones right to make their own decisions.
If a person is going to commit suicide, they will.
The rest will make a plea for help and then get help or not.
These ones generally always live, they just end up a lil hurt is all.
You know the old saying, down the road not across the tracks?
Why would you want to keep the weak genes in the gene pool anyway?
Or do you suffer the bible block too?
We are all put here for a purpose.
When that is done, so are we and we don't last one second more.
Keep in mind please, this is NOT a troll, this is the way I truly feel.
Many talk of how this or that saved their lives I disagree, they were never in any danger to start.

You're absolutely right I'll "tell on you", I share none of your implied shame in that matter.

Thing is, you are being incredibly disingenuous.. I don't know if you are to yourself, or just others. Anyway, you claim you would "endorse someone's right to commit suicide". That is *COMPLETELY* and *TOTALLY* different from convincing someone they can and should do it, by proxy via the Web. I can tell you go beyond your plea for "endorsement" and go into the realm of "encouragement and nudging" with your joke about, "Down the road, not across the tracks."

Then you go on to say you're "not a troll", but evidence suggests otherwise, what with your tendency to bring up religion as a defense in desperation and "gene pool" nonsense.

I'm not going to respect your apathy in this, it's not funny nor is it something to be respected. You can start kicking and screaming and claim I'm a "bible thumper" or whatever it is you usually list to in your defense. It won't change the matter.

To add:
Regarding your OP, and how you suggest someone is going to "go off on a rage and kill people, if they didn't commit suicide". I really don't know what to say to that, other than it is false. There is a rather broad spectrum of mental illness and behavioral patterns that could lead to someone wanting to go on a homicidal rage. Just being "suicidal" is not one of them, though it can be a symptom of the whole.

It happens, I've no doubt about it. But your premise that "getting them to kill themselves now, saves lives later" is just simply, kind of a gross statement.
edit on 7-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You're absolutely right I'll "tell on you", I share none of your implied shame in that matter.

Thing is, you are being incredibly disingenuous.. I don't know if you are to yourself, or just others. Anyway, you claim you would "endorse someone's right to commit suicide". That is *COMPLETELY* and *TOTALLY* different from convincing someone they can and should do it, by proxy via the Web. I can tell you go beyond your plea for "endorsement" and go into the realm of "encouragement and nudging" with your joke about, "Down the road, not across the tracks."

I both endorse a persons right and endorse this act, if said person feels it is what needs to be done. There is no shrouding there.

Then you go on to say you're "not a troll", but evidence suggests otherwise, what with your tendency to bring up religion as a defense in desperation and "gene pool" nonsense.

I do not use religion as a defense, I know religion is rubbish and to argue god with a bible thumper is akin to winning the Special Olympics.
Would you deny that mental illness is not inherited?
There is truth to what I say of the gene pool.

I'm not going to respect your apathy in this, it's not funny nor is it something to be respected. You can start kicking and screaming and claim I'm a "bible thumper" or whatever it is you usually list to in your defense. It won't change the matter.

I do not require nor need your respect so we are cool there.
I do not know if you are or aren’t a bible thumper, I was letting you know that if you are, I know to stop conversing with one who cannot hear nor see.

To add:
Regarding your OP, and how you suggest someone is going to "go off on a rage and kill people, if they didn't commit suicide". I really don't know what to say to that, other than it is false. There is a rather broad spectrum of mental illness and behavioral patterns that could lead to someone wanting to go on a homicidal rage. Just being "suicidal" is not one of them, though it can be a symptom of the whole.

It happens, I've no doubt about it. But your premise that "getting them to kill themselves now, saves lives later" is just simply, kind of a gross statement.

Gross sure, so is watching a birthing, it smells too.
That does not make it any less real however.
All I am saying is if a person decides to punish themselves pre crime, I’m cool with that.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

So a soldier who kills himself when he's about to be taken has weak genes?

There are many reasons people choose suicide.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

suicide is the easy way out...

Are you speaking from experience?

yes, i have chose to live this life and deal with everyday hardships as opposed to stop facing them all together, whats easier? to continue moving down a deep dark lonely unknown road, or to stop sit down and never have to deal with the hardships of a journey that will inevitably end one way, death.

You misunderstand the question.

Are you speaking from experience of attempting suicide yourself and thus can actually compare the difference between continuing to do what you are already generally familiar with versus actually "pulling the trigger" so to speak?

Namaste.

no i haven't actively attempted to pull a trigger, anyone that atempts sucide and fails is just looking for attention there so many ways to kill yourself its redonkulous, to fail at it just shows that u need to rethink your life and do things with more effort...
at a young age i had more than one near death experience, not the classic "leaving my body and seeing myself" but to the effect of if i was a moment father on my journey that day, or if i was a half second slower in reaction, or if adreniline didnt kick in and alow me to not fall, i would be dead. from those experiences i have learned that life is a gift, but at the same time a curse.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

no i haven't actively attempted to pull a trigger, anyone that atempts sucide and fails is just looking for attention there so many ways to kill yourself its redonkulous, to fail at it just shows that u need to rethink your life and do things with more effort...

People survive things that would normally kill people all the time.

Your response offers a great deal of insight for me about your vantage point. I wish you well on your journey. Thanks for your time.

Namaste.
edit on 2012/6/7 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

and thank u, just to elaborate on life as a gift and a curse. we are born innocent and what or whoever raises us there main job is to keep us alive because of love or duty so by the time we are of the right mind to take care of ourselfs we perceive death as a bad thing or monster of sorts, this in turn causes our mind to be at war with itself as it is trying to avoid death every day, i say as others have, rejoice for those that have passed on. what stops me from completely embracing this notion is that the two children i am raising would be devastated if i wasn't around so i have to actively avoid death for there sake, just as the people that raised me did(as there raisers did,ect,ect.ect)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

People survive things that would normally kill people all the time.

Your response offers a great deal of insight for me about your vantage point. I wish you well on your journey. Thanks for your time.

Namaste.
edit on 2012/6/7 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

whats namaste i could google it, but i spend a good deal of internet time here so.........

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

BTW my response wasn't agreeing with you, just saying that I understood better where you personally are coming from.

Namaste as I use it means "I recognize the spirit within you that is also within me" and is intended for those I agree with and those I disagree with equally.

My view is we are all "God"/Tao/Infinity/The Universe pretending to be many individual people but that "I" within all of us is all the same "one being" experiencing separation via human existence.

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

btw i understood u wernt agreeing with me, i said thank you cause most people on here are dicks when they dont agree, you were not

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody
reply to post by g146541

So a soldier who kills himself when he's about to be taken has weak genes?

There are many reasons people choose suicide.

Actually yes!!!
If you are going out, you might as well take as many of your enemy as possible with you.
Who knows, you might even take em all out and still be standing.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

One can keep their blood sugar within specs and still not be cured of diabetes.
Some things just have no "CURE".
No matter what your nameplate says.

...you didn't say Diabetes...nor did you say 'some things'...you said 'mental health problems'...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join