It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That feeling of time passing in the blink of an eye...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
How powerful is it when it's at the end of your life? Hopefully when you're old and gray of course...How can it be grasped and given to all conscious people? If everyone felt it at the same time would it help change the world?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Of course it would change the world. If everyone felt it at the same time, they would all be dying.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have always thought it would be cool to capture people’s last thoughts, or better still the image of the thoughts and give access to all those that wish to see it (play it back as it were)

Would it change the world? Perhaps for some, but not all.

Same way as Steve Jobs said “Wow, Wow, Wow” I wish he could have elaborated on that a little more, I would love to know what he was feeling or seeing (yes, some people say he saw his vision for the iPhone 16)

I’m sure my last thoughts will be of my wife and kids and how I wish I didn’t have to leave them just yet, but I would be happy that I created 2 wonderful people with someone I love and spent most of my life with.

I hope I get to see my life ‘flash before my eyes’ it would be cool to see all the neat stuff again, but maybe not some of the sad parts.

Not sure where you’re going with this OP, but they are my thoughts.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think I get what the OP is trying to put across.

Here's a scenario I use to cheer me up when I'm feeling a little down and also when I need a little motivation.

I go through this scenario before going to bed on a given night .
Imagine yourself being old and infirm . You cannot function without help. You know your time on earth is limited.
Imagine that all the things ( health wise ) that you now take for granted , being taken away from you .
Really try to put yourself in the moment.
What would you give to go back and do it all again ?

The next morning you wake up and you are young again , full of vitality and life .
YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE.
Now , what will you do with that second chance ?

The next time you need a little lift or are lacking in motivation . Try this simple exercise . I think the results will suprise you !!!

DP

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
They say life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

i used to do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude1
reply to post by dawnprince

i used to do the same thing.

Great .

What kind of results did you get ?
Were you able to truly put yourself in the moment ?

How interesting that somebody else had the same idea

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I feel like this all the time as I have an abcess that could get infected and if that infection goes into my bloodstream and heart I am dead. any of us could die at any time. it sort of gave me a midlife crisis even though im only twenty six, but it showed me what my real priorities are. sorta cool really. like, what is my legacy?... wat have i left for humanity?, I dont have kids to continue my lineage so the only thing to do would be to leave an album or a novel or something for posterity. it's sort of unnerving and disquiting to know i may be wasting my time on useless thing's like tv or even this forum, lol.

new topics

top topics

join