It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cake or Death? - Choose wisely.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I was just thinking, that with everything being connected to everything else via a quantum field or 'force', then the only way to be happy really is if you make everyone else as happy as possible as well.

If other people in the force-field are miserable, this is going to make its way back to you in some form or another, as all is connected, all is really one and the same force field joined together at the sub-atomic level

therefore if you want to experience real happiness the ONLY way is to devote your life to trying to make OTHERS happy too - i.e. by practising kindness and compassion (and love) whereever possible. The buddhists say, 'it is always possible'.

so really you face two choices in life:

choose to be happy - by trying to make others happy/pracitsing kindness and compassion whereever possible

or choose to be unhappy - by deliberately setting out to harm or injure others

a surprising number of people have chosen to be unhappy on this planet. they have chosen the path of doing deliberate harm and injury to others, for personal gain or whatever other reason.

even when killing to eat, there is no reason not to do so with kindness and compassion (and a lot of thought about how you would like to die if someone had to kill you for food. i.e. please stop boiling prawns and crabs alive, unless you really think this would be how you'd like to go out)...

so really the choice is a no brainer. if you want to be happy; and everyone does, let's face it... (or most do. i guess from time to time someone might get bored and want to try being unhappy for a while, but it's not all it's cracked up to be...)

then choose to be happy - choose your path of goodness, kindness and compassion.

you'll never reach happiness by taking any other path.

the universe works this way. the force works this way. there IS no darkside. just people who have for some sillly reason chosen to be unhappy, and who are consequently, quite miserable, and usually wanting a way out of the whole mess, but stubbornly refusing to choose to be happy.

it's like you're being offered a choice (as comedian Eddie Izzard remarked), of Cake, or Death?

now you'd think it's a no brainer - er, cake, please....

but a surprising number of people on this planet have said, ooooh yeah, death, that sounds really interesting, let's try that...

and then have discovered it's actually probably not such a great idea, and after all they might rather have had cake please.

well you can have cake, but there's only one way to get it.

(see above)

and .... may the force be with you

for further info see my thread about 'the force really exists, top scientists agree'

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

We sometimes have too much of a connection with ourselves which in turn fuels the ego and leads to selfish tendencies. If only we had a biological relationship with our planet like the Na'vi in Avatar, things would be so much easier.

And if it's Red Velvet Cake, count me in

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It's not that simple.
"Others" are not a monolithic group of people.
They have different interests, and conflicting ideologies have different designs for the individual.
In fact, advertising is all about a competition between selling ideas of happiness.
So it's circular, because happiness is your idea of happiness that is projected onto others.
Define happiness for everybody objectively.
It is not possible.

For example I'm gay, and I'm sure I could make many religious people very happy if I said I'm no longer gay because I found God and had some conversion experience.

That could also disappoint other people and make them more miserable.

So I'd say don't just be a people-pleaser.
You've got to be true to yourself at some point.
If you don't know what makes you happy, you don't know how to make anyone else happy in any case.

Cake or death?
Well, cake needs sugar and cocoa and vanilla, and all kinds of exploitative items.
Death would only hurt me.
But screw it - I want cake!

Preferably a "Karma Free" Hare Krishna cake.
edit on 6-6-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

You are not here to make others happy.
If fact it is impossible to make someone happy. Until you find happiness yourself you will make others miserable. If everyone knew it was their own business to find their own happiness everyone would be happy. But the human way is to expect someone or something to make them happy. That is why people depend on others, they need others to make them happy. When they are not happy, they blame.

Look within and find that your true nature is contentment. When you are content, you cannot help but make the world a better place.
youtu.be...

I like to relieve the suffering by showing another way.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

This is not true because there are people who don't give a damn about other people's feelings and yet they are happy.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

If it's a chocolate cake,definetely i want the cake

I have felt what you mean and i agree that helping others is making life better.By helping it could mean that saying something nice and make a person smile,is sometimes enough.

BUT human nature is weird.Humans usually prefer misery over happiness.I don't know why.
People like to feel miserable and they are afraid to feel happy(whatever happiness means).They focus on the bad things in life and they refuse to see the good and beautiful ones.

And don't forget people that the universe/karma(whatever you call it) is like a mirror.If you do good things,then good things will come back to you.It may take a while,but eventually they come.

and .... may the force be with you

LIve long and prosper

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Errr cake please...
With a side order of bees.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

top topics

join