It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Christian fundamentalists plan to teach genocide to schoolchildren

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
When it comes to teaching genocide I can hardly think of more fitting tutors than fundamentalist Christians. At least we've got the right people for the job.

Anyway it's not genocide if God is on your side and came to you in a dream and told you to wipe out an entire civilisation and loot the crap out of it.

If Allah tells you to do it, it's genocide though, so don't listen to him or that fat Asian dude.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by RicoMarston
if you add the death tolls up from all of those various slaughters, that's how many people christians have killed?

No.

The statement was that Christianity has murdered the most people on the planet.
I gave a very brief list of other things that people have been involved in that have
murdered more people than Christianity has. Each one of those things I listed
have very high murders/homicides associated with them. And it's not a
complete list. Not even close.

oh. so, how many people has christianity murdered, then?
and where did you get the death-toll numbers on these disasters and genocides and wars you've listed?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
Just get me the hell out of this country!

It's not safe being an Atheist here anymore.

(Maybe a Zombie Invasion wouldn't have been such a bad idea after all! At least they're legally dead from the neck up and keep their rotting mouths shut!).

edit on 5-6-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Captain's Log, Supplemental...

Zombiism is THE new religion

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomguy

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Just so as you know that it isn't just the moslems that are dangerous!

Please give me a break, do we have to run through the numbers? I am sick and tired of these kinds of posts that try and paint a bad picture of X religion, while saying "Look, see muslims aren't so bad!". The fact of the matter is, yes they are public enemy #1 until they stop with their jihad machine to take over the world.

Religion in general is holding back the human race and has been the source of suffering throughout the ages.

Isn't that kinda exactly what you're doing? "They" (Muslims, the whole of them), are public enemy #1 and "they" (all of them), want to take over the world? Way to paint a bad picture of religion X and lump everyone together.

Agreed to the last statement.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Dang, why so hostile?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You mean to tell me that this is only now showing up on your radar, OP? First the Romans fed christians to the lions, then the christians turned the tables and did the same thing back to the Romans. They've fostered fear and ignorance in the masses by using hellfire and guilt as their tools, leading to slaughter of those who would not convert, those who's views differed from their own, and so on and so forth, JUST LIKE ISLAM. There is no difference in the quantity or quality of the blood on the altars of both the christian and islamic gods. Both are equally covered. Hitler was christian, but so was Jim Jones. Islam has its own madmen. There are good folk in both of these camps as well, and thankfully, that is the ONLY saving grace. It isn't the crap they believe, however. Its the people themselves who do the right thing in spite of what they are taught.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
it is not the NWO that is gearing up for a civil war - it is these so-called christians

"Hitler was christian..."

Expat888
no surprise there ... christianity always has been and always will be the biggest cause of murder on the planet

CaptainLJB
Atheists and Agnostics who've never killed in the name of a non-god.

"...secular ideologies were responsible for the murder of 100 million innocent people during the last century

Source

It appears that many of you actually believe:

- Christianity is the biggest cause of murder on the planet

- Christians are more dangerous than the NWO

- Atheists have never killed

- Hitler was a christian...

And some of you actually wonder why nobody takes you seriously here on ATS...

If this is TRUE, it would explain a LOT of what has gone on in this world throughout history that makes NO sense whatsoever. It's very clear to me that a MASSIVE deception has taken place. People argue that religion is a propaganda tool which has been proven true throughout history. Why can they NOT see that atheism is ALSO a propaganda tool? Atheism is far more than just disbelief; it is a well-financed movement that functions as a mind control tool with a stealth agenda.

What most are CALLING Christianity and what Christianity actually IS are two entirely different things and causes me to wonder HOW can someone be SO deceived? God and religion are separate entities that get intertwined together by man. People have been inundated by lies for so long that they actually believe them. Is it possible that MOST here on ATS do not understand "The Big lie" and how it works via ALL forms of media?

The Big Lie is a technique that Adolf Hitler used with great success. The idea is that you just keep repeating the same lie over and over, in spite of all arguments or evidence to the contrary, until people believe it. Massive repetition is essential.

"Tell a lie enough times and it will become the truth."
— Heinrich Himmler

Every major religion in this world has been manufactured or infiltrated with an agenda designed to make you HATE God and despise those that LOVE Him. The thing I do NOT understand is WHY people are SO blind to this when it is SO obvious to those who seek the TRUTH... Do people on ATS even WANT the truth? I am really beginning to wonder...

Nobody has died because of religion. When people "kill in the name of religion," they're actually going against what religion teaches.

A man could claim to be killing in the name of Mickey Mouse -- but that is a bad reflection on the man, not on Mickey Mouse.

Atheist Communist regimes, meanwhile, have killed over 100 million of their own people (and that's a conservative number) in just the last 100 years.

They didn't do it in the name of atheism, precisely, but their killing is not going against what atheism teaches. Because atheism, in essence, teaches nothing. Whenever atheism has been installed as the Official State Religion, the state in question has always given itself permission to do unspeakable things. Always.

When God is not, as Dostoyevsky wrote, anything is permitted.

Link

Atheists kill people in such vastly greater numbers than any religion EVER

"And the much greater persecution of priests and believers
in 20th Century Atheist tyrannies clearly demonstrates
the murderous anti-theism of Atheists."

"Then you explain why they kill people in such vastly greater numbers
than any religion EVER HAS in all of history!?"

• Russian Civil War (1917-22): 7 to 10 million
• Soviet Union, Stalin's regime (1924-53): 20 million
• People's Republic of China, Mao Zedong's regime (1949-1975): 44 to 72 million

Source

“We do not fight against believers and not even clergymen. WE FIGHT AGAINST GOD to snatch

believers from Him.” - Vechernaia Moskva, a Soviet newspaper

edit on 6-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Every so often some poster here spouts this nonsense. Killing in the name of Christianity definately is NOT 'the biggest cause of murder on the planet'. That's absurd.

OMG! TRUTH on ATS! I am SHOCKED! WHY is the truth so rare on ATS? WHY?!?

How often do you see a post similar to FlyersFan's?

This is the ONLY explanation I see:

The Big Lie is a technique that Adolf Hitler used with great success.

"Tell a lie enough times and it will become the truth."
— Heinrich Himmler

It's pretty apparent that people have been LIED to for their entire lives so in affect they refuse to believe anyone else except for those we trust which ALSO turn out to be lying. What a mess...

edit on 6-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
no surprise there ... christianity always has been and always will be the biggest cause of murder on the planet ... world would be far better off without christians and their bloodthirsty , barbaric , intolerant primitive superstition that only brings death ....

a] Stop relying on the bodycount troll. It's old, it's redundant, it's largely worthless, and you need to come up with something else.

b] Being an atheist doesn't preclude anyone from being an asshole. The two states are not mutually exclusive in the slightest; in fact, most of my own experience would actually tend to suggest the opposite. I consider vocal atheism a disease, personally. The most hostile and generally dislikeable people I've encountered online, tend to either have atheism or Christianity in common. Atheists have a nasty tendency to become what they hate.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
clearly Christianity has not always been the main cause of death and mayhem - it didn't cause any at all prior to about 300AD!

whether 1 religion causes more or less wars than another is irrelevant.

Whether "secular" religions of communism and Nazism were worse in the 20th century than x-ianity is irrelevant.

These particular nutcases are teaching a doctrine that allows genocide "in the name of god" and indeed REQUIRES it if god says "do it".

the existence of muslim suicide bombers does nothing to make them any less dangerous. Nor does the existence of 1 billion or more other x-ians who do not subscribe to this same belief - any more than a billion muslims who do not agree with suicide bombing makes a suicide bomber any less lethal.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am going to post briefly becuase I addressed alot of this in the other thread.

I am indirectly associated with "the good news club". By that I mean that my church sponsers a group at the local school. My kids attend. The instructor is the mom of my kids best friend and our churches youth pastor. It is after school like other clubs. It is volunteer, and it is mostly the kids that go to the church anyways.

I asked her about if next year's lesson was going to include the story of Saul and the Amekulites. She did not know as the cirriculum is not out yet. She said she would be surprised if it was, because most of the good news club is based on new testement/words of Christ. You know, horrible stuff like, "feeding the poor", "love your neighbors", "don't steal". Stuff like that.

What strikes me is the pure ignorance of the Christian faith. I have seen some of the most outlandish posts here about Christianity. I realize there are some sects and denominations that are a little "out there", (you should see how Lutherans' feel about Pentacostals
). I realize some people have been treated very poorly by probably well intentioned, but terribly misguided or poorly educated christians. A person doesn't make a whole group wrong.

Maybe I should have an ATS poll commissioned. I don't think 80% of the posters (athiest and Christians alike, because even alot of Christians don't know their doctrine well) could tell me the difference between or definition of "evangelical" and "fundamentalists". I bet most don't know the fundamental differences between the three Abrahamic religions. I know, by this and the other thread, most don't know the basic differences between the Old Testement and the New Testement, It's patently obvious by most of the posts.

You know what Christ commanded the church to do, to spread the news of salvation by belief in him to all the world. That's pretty much it. Not to kill them if they don't beleive (that was Mohameed
).

Christians (or the good news club) are not teaching kids to kill non beleivers. To think otherwise is insane.

I might worry instead about the ACTUAL theologians in charge of Iran, who are in fact threatening to kill, well, anyone who isn't a muslim. But as I just posted in another thread, it seems avant garde to hold a love in for poor little Iran, Note I didn't say anything bad about Iranians.

edit on 6-6-2012 by SrWingCommander because: clarification

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
I am going to post briefly becuase I addressed alot of this in the other thread.

I am indirectly associated with "the good news club". By that I mean that my church sponsers a group at the local school. My kids attend. The instructor is the mom of my kids best friend and our churches youth pastor. It is after school like other clubs. It is volunteer, and it is mostly the kids that go to the church anyways.

I asked her about if next year's lesson was going to include the story of Saul and the Amekulites. She did not know as the cirriculum is not out yet. She said she would be surprised if it was, because most of the good news club is based on new testement/words of Christ. You know, horrible stuff like, "feeding the poor", "love your neighbors", "don't steal". Stuff like that.

Here is the website with the lessons for 2011-12 - the lesson is #2 in "David: a man after Gods heart" - it is not coloured green, so it is not a change for this year.

Lesson 2 - Saul's Disobedience (1 Sam. 12:1-25; 13:1-14; 15:1-35)
.............. Teaching Statement: God will help you obey!
.............. Memory verse: James 4:17

I am not ignorant about x-ianity - I went to catholic primary and secondary schools, then a pentacostal movement after leaving school, and developed my atheism based upon what I observed and learned there.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The same old blame the Christians or Muslims for the actions of individuals or fringe groups bigotry we see every day here.

That opinion bit in another countries newspaper fails to mention that these are extracurricular and the kids attend only if their parents wish them too.

Just another attack from bigots who distort facts, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
These "Christians" make this "Buddhist Hare Krishnian Catholic Spiritual Existentialist Jew" mad.

Jesus never said kill your brothers, he said love them.

I mean siriusly, Jesus Christ!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be missing the most relevant point: why is this group ("True Christians"or not) using a public school for their "educational program?" Are there no churches in town willing to host them? Are they paying the school for their use of taxpayer supported facilities... custodial services, electricity, heating, etc? The entire thing appears to be intended as an act of provocation to force their agenda onto the public stage. More "culture wars" posturing.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by CaptainLJB

Dang, why so hostile?

Stick around for the remainder of this thread, you'll get your money's worth!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

The same old blame the Christians or Muslims for the actions of individuals or fringe groups bigotry we see every day here.

nope - it blames a particular set of christians.

That opinion bit in another countries newspaper fails to mention that these are extracurricular and the kids attend only if their parents wish them too.

It does specifically mention these are "after school" programmes.

Just another attack from bigots who distort facts, nothing more.

Which fact has actually been distorted? Easy to say it has happened - how about you back it up with actual evidence insgtead of your own biased OP that distorts facts (eg saying the article does not identify these as extra curricular when it does)?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Everyone seems to be missing the most relevant point: why is this group ("True Christians"or not) using a public school for their "educational program?" Are there no churches in town willing to host them? Are they paying the school for their use of taxpayer supported facilities... custodial services, electricity, heating, etc? The entire thing appears to be intended as an act of provocation to force their agenda onto the public stage. More "culture wars" posturing.

The schools charge rent to use the facilities. I've rented them before. It does not interfere with the school in any way. The only reason to stop them is you want to deny them Free Speech. To me those who would censor them are actually worse than they are. I paid almost a thousand an hour last time and a school employee who volunteered almost $90 an hour. Of course it was not a meeting like this, but all the same you rent it and they actually profit from it.

Free Speech either applies to us or not. We pay for the schools and build them, so why would it be wrong to be able to rent a room when the money benefits the school? Silencing Speech is very wrong, even if someone does not agree with it. I don't agree with these people at all, but those who wish to deny them their rights are far worse.

I don't think anyone is missing the point. Some do seem to believe that Free Speech only applies to them and those they agree with.

If an Atheist or Marxist group rented a room for meetings, it would not even make the Press and we would not be discussing it here.

Freedom of Religion and Free Speech mean exactly that. Not you have Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech only if I agree with you.
edit on 6/6/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by DJW001

The schools charge rent to use the facilities. I've rented them before. It does not interfere with the school in any way. The only reason to stop them is you want to deny them Free Speech.

Not renting school facilities doesn't stop people expressing their ideas.

3 justices felt that the GNC was celarly a religious organisation, teaching religion, and that FORCING the school to accept their custom was not maintaining separation of church and state.

To me those who would censor them are actually worse than they are.

That is because you are deliberately distoring the argument - it is BS to say that not being able to hire a school facility means you cannot get your message across - arrant nonsense.

If an Atheist or Marxist group rented a room for meetings, it would not even make the Press and we would not be discussing it here.

Because neither of those are religions - get over it!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If you were right, nobody could rent the facilities. Otherwise it is most certainly discrimination and a denial of Freedoms. You don't want them to rent the rooms because you don't agree with them, but I'd bet you would be upset if you were discriminated against?

There is no logical difference between renting a room other places and there. It's up to the parents what clubs their kids join or don't join. Not you because you are opposed to their "legal" activities.

I don't care for what they are teaching either. I don't agree with it at all. I do believe that the government discriminating against them is wrong though.

I don't want a country where legal activities are discriminated against and censorship is practiced. We don't stop that trend, you can kiss ATS goodbye.

Since I've clearly stated I don't agree with what they are teaching my only point is how dangerous it is to let people censor and dictate to others. If that's where we are headed as a society, we are doomed.
edit on 6/6/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join