It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Christian fundamentalists plan to teach genocide to schoolchildren

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

So there was no altruism before mankind invented god?

No. It is pathetically simple-minded to think that any one culture or belief, or lack of belief, is "the cradle of civilization." The point is (as if this needed to be said) that religion is NOT "the source of all suffering."
Talk about a crock!

And did I say it was??

nooo.....

Who/what is the religion that elephants and apes and big cats and other animals follow when they help each other, or attempt to protect their own??

What a crock of self serving manure!

To stand your "crock" on its head, what religion taught elephants and apes, et c. to kill for the sake of killing?

Dunno which religion taught them to do so?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by jdub297

So teaching genocide is OK as long as the students volunteer to be taught it - k - thanks...gotcha...

Teaching history, mythology and sociological theories is nothing to be feared.
If you are threatened by the study of other cultures and belief systems, then I am very sorry for you.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't see the issue.

Public schools will teach lies about history. Install false ideology about wage slavery and capitalism. Ignore world politics.Teach theory.

All at a level that will not allow America to compete in the globalized world we live in.

Etc;

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thou shall not kill, my brothers. I don't know why these heathens want to place war upon peace, but alas, they know not that they do.

The poster of this thread should run outside and scream at god. He will feel a weight lifted off his icy shoulder. No a lightning bolt will not shoot out of the sky into your panhead. All you have to do is ask.

Btw lonewolf, beautiful post

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Just so as you know that it isn't just the moslems that are dangerous!

Ah geeze get real... Sigh! I am not fan of religion however when was the last time you heard of a Christian suicide bomber? Sorry but the Muslim religion is the last religion on earth to still have a large faction that believes in enforcing it's religion by killing sinners and non-believers.. The Christians got over that non-sense several centuries ago...
edit on 5-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
The poster of this thread should run outside and scream at god. He will feel a weight lifted off his icy shoulder. No a lightning bolt will not shoot out of the sky into your panhead.

since I'm pretty sure god doesn't exist, and since it is blowing a howling southerly with freezing rain.....nah...don't think I'll bother.

But thanks for the thought

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
The poster of this thread should run outside and scream at god. He will feel a weight lifted off his icy shoulder. No a lightning bolt will not shoot out of the sky into your panhead.

since I'm pretty sure god doesn't exist, and since it is blowing a howling southerly with freezing rain.....nah...don't think I'll bother.

But thanks for the thought

Don't be scared my friend. You may have fallen for the propaganda but it's not too late to repent. Even mislead people that try to burn us at the stake and exterminate us have a chance to make right. Go tell your mother you love her, atleast

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

why do you think I am afraid? Well i am of course - especially of narrow minded religious nutjobs and other violent types in general...but apart from that?

I've told my mother i love her several times - you must ive in a strange world where you presume people you do not know do not do so.

And I'm not interested in burning anyone at the stake - only religious nutjobs do that sort of thing!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Ah geeze get real... Sigh! I am not fan of religion however when was the last time you heard of a Christian suicide bomber?

why are only suicide bombers the problem?

Any religious kook with a gun is trouble, and a good way to get religious kooks with guns is, IMO, to start teaching young children in the USA that when god tells them to kill they have to kill!

Sorry but the Muslim religion is the last religion on earth to still have a large faction that believes in enforcing it's religion by killing sinners and non-believers.. The Christians got over that non-sense several centuries ago

Most did....but there's plenty who are reviving it this century - especially in the US!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Any clue what the story of Saul and the Amalekites is actually about? Not the story the kids will get, but the background to the story? Do you realize that EVERY culture on earth has the same story in their histories? Is this just fantasy? Fiction? Any idea what the Pyramids around the Earth represent from before the flood? If the answer is no, then you prove the point that this needs to be taught.

Are you happy our leaders are manipulated and steal form the public? Are you happy that our world is being corrupted beyond repair? If no, then learn the story.

Numbers 13

3 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them."

You were once a student I assume. Please tell me who the Nephilim were. Please outline their relation to Anak (Annunaki). What were the Annunaki and Nephilim that were raping children and burning them on altars to Moloch? What type of life did the Pagan world bring for children who Jesus said, "Must be born again?" Our leaders travel to the Bohemian Grove yearly to offer a sacrifice to Moloch. Were you aware? What is their reason for this? You don't know because you have not been taught.

Do you know why the Israelites were purging the land of Anak (Annunaki)?

You may not. The reason you don't is because the adults that are teaching the lesson probably don't know either. It's a sad state of affairs that we are not aware who is ruling our world from the influence of fallen beings. In Saul's day and age, the Amalekites represented a Ruhanda style nation, killing their own children and fighting with other nations constantly. Nothing good could come of an alien race from other worlds breeding with humans. Did you know that the nations in Canaan were crossbred?

If you do not know the back story to the fallen Angels then do some research among the writings of all nations. They all have the story outlined in various ways. It's our history and origin. The entire Bible chronicles this story to the end, even beyond our own day and age. This story has been buried for a reason.

Research Links

Amalekites

Nephilim

Anak

The Book of Enoch

The Book of Jasher Ch. 4

The Book of Jubilees

edit on 5-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by HamrHeed

why do you think I am afraid? Well i am of course - especially of narrow minded religious nutjobs and other violent types in general...but apart from that?

I've told my mother i love her several times - you must ive in a strange world where you presume people you do not know do not do so.

And I'm not interested in burning anyone at the stake - only religious nutjobs do that sort of thing!!

True christians do not murder. I don't know where you get this idea but it's inherently false.
Those who proclaim to be, and murder, suffer the consequences one way or the other.
I think of it as divine justice.
You cannot kill an idea/love/life and ffs quit using the romans or salem witch trials as war cries. You sound like a slave with that mentality

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Shock Horror! Young minds are being indoctrinated in to religious beliefs. This has been happening since the idea of Religion was first concieved. Its no wonder that some of the more militant or extreme subscribers of a given religion. That you often end up in a "debate" with. If you can call it that. Are unshiftable.

The following of any set group, be it Religious or even more bonine like a sports team. Automaticaly sets you up for Death match against anything or anyone that is,nt part of it.

And so the world turns. Lets face it. Theres never going to be world peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomguy

Religion in general is holding back the human race and has been the source of suffering throughout the ages.

I could,nt agree more. Beyond the common belief that there is a God. Religion is a humanist take on what people think God wants and expects. The fact that people mould their lives based on a world view thats thousands of years old. Means a lot of people are living in the past, and i mean WAY back.

You would,nt live your life based on the world view you had when you were a Kid. So i cant understand why?

People believe that in order to believe in God you have to subscribe to a religion. Whats the matter with a more individualistic aproach to spirituality. Maybe people need the Drama of an Epic tale of triumph over adversity. Or maybe people are afraid to explore what God means to them because it requires you to face your demons in a way that does,nt allow any room to shift the blame else where,

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Most did....but there's plenty who are reviving it this century - especially in the US!

Really and where is this group of Christian Jihadist?

You can always find a nut-job or two in any group religious or not. But there is no faction in Christianity today that is waging war in the name of Christianity in an effort to convert the world to its belief system. So you can stop the sensationalism and dramatics now, thank you for your cooperation...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

That just religion it has nothing what so ever to do with following the teachings of Christ. Learn the difference and you won't think ill of followers of Christ.

Christ gave two commandments that were to replace the law of moses the two commandments even fulfill the ten commandments.

The two commandments are as follows:

Love your neighbor as yourself an do unto others as you would have done unto you. Love God with your mind soul and body.

That's it. No worries about violence with real believers and just in case you doubt those Jesus left a direct teaching about turning the other cheek.

Please take your hate speech somewhere else it's most unwelcome around here because we are all trying to love one another and truly advance the human race. Become one people with one mind in one accord.

Epic fail based in pure bias and hatred towards people of faith.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomguy
Religion in general is holding back the human race and has been the source of suffering throughout the ages.

Then why do I consistently encounter so much hostility from atheists?

Atheists can be extremely hostile and vindictive rhetorically. The one thing that they love to claim, however, is that they are non-violent; and they think that as long as they don't harm anyone physically, they can be as psychologically abusive as they like, and still call themselves pacifists.

Theism is not the source of humanity's problems. Human nature itself is, irrespective of the philosophy in question. As mentioned, I've generally found atheists to be one of the most consistently vile demographics of the human population. Some among them are fine, of course, as with all groups. But many of them are not.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This thread isn't really about what any particular person here believes is or is not "true" christianity.

It is about a particular group that teaches 4 to 12 year olds, which I'm sure you'll agree is a very formative age.

It is about WHAT this particular group is teaching. In the general sense, it is teaching about obedience, which I suppose isn't intrinsically a bad thing, but the way they do it is DEFINITELY abhorrent. I'm not sure how anyone could justify it.

First off, it relates the story of Saul and the Amalekites from the Bible. While the article says that initially the CEF was vague about it, in the recent version, they are not:

"You are to go and completely destroy the Amalekites (AM-uh-leck-ites) – people, animals, every living thing. Nothing shall be left."
"That was pretty clear, wasn't it?" the manual tells the teachers to say to the kids.

In case a child asks "Why did the Amalekites have to be killed?", the manual says to reply:

"The Amalekites had heard about Israel's true and living God many years before, but they refused to believe in him. The Amalekites refused to believe in God and God had promised punishment."

Then it talks about Sauls failure to obey God's instruction, and says:

"If you are asked to do something, how much of it do you need to do before you can say, 'I did it!'?"
"If only Saul had been willing to seek God for strength to obey!" the lesson concludes.

A review question in the textbook seeks to drive the point home further:

"How did King Saul only partly obey God when he attacked the Amalekites? (He did not completely destroy as God had commanded, he kept the king and some of the animals alive.)"

Remember, this is being taught to 4 to 12 year olds. They are being taught that
(a) People who refuse to believe in Christianity can be killed
(b) If God (or since this is a lesson in obedience, if your church, even) asks you to do something, even if it is to the extent of killing thousands, YOU MUST DO IT FULLY.

I understand that many christians would disagree with this, and say it is not true christianity. But understand, that isn't the point. The point is that this is being taught.
edit on 6-6-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

honey - every christian movement s infiltrated, hijacked

to make them a bunch of lunatics

Sais nothing , whatsoever, about the original meaning of christian belief.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomguy

Please give me a break, do we have to run through the numbers? I am sick and tired of these kinds of posts that try and paint a bad picture of X religion, while saying "Look, see muslims aren't so bad!". The fact of the matter is, yes they are public enemy #1 until they stop with their jihad machine to take over the world.

As far as that article is concerned, I would look into the writer's background. If I had to guess, I would say left-wing, liberal views, probably smokes pot, cares for the environment and wears clothes made from her own hair. Yes I am talking about Katherine Stewart who also happens to have written a book about her article there so go buy a copy today so we can finally uncover and put a stop to the evil that is Christianity.

Well ok, I could be wrong about the smoking pot part.

www.thegoodnewsclub.com...

[url=http://www.amazon.com/Good-News-Club-Christian-Americas/dp/1586488430/]http://www.amazon.com/Good-News-Club-Christian-Americas/dp/1586488430/[/ur l]
edit on 5-6-2012 by freedomguy because: oops

The Muslims you speak of represent .01% of an entire group. AND, most of them work/worked for a western intelligence agency. Plant, much? I have some Muslim friends and they are all good people...all 10 of them are more tolerant of things they don't understand than all of the Christians in our town combined.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If I read the article correctly .... it's a Christian club that is teaching to children who have asked to be there. They aren't teaching in front of a public school classroom. They are teaching to club members. Is this an after school activity or something?

Don't schools have all sorts of clubs that meet after school hours?

Or am I reading this wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join