It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker Declared Winner by Fox News/CNN/MSNBC.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
At one point in this country the unions served a great purpose. They fought for the common working man and his rights to fair wages and benifits. But in many cases today they have put themselves so far out of the market that no one can afford them. I had a conversation the other day in a airport with a woman who was a couple of years from retirement and she was a state social worker. She was telling me how she had lived in California and moved to S.C. If she had stayed in Cali. her retirement from the state would have been over100000 a year. That is unsistanable. No state are federal goverment can pay those types of benifits and make it..

The unions went the way of goverment and got greedy. Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
50% reporting at 9:30pm Central Time.

Looks like a landslide for Walker and the (R) Lt. Governor.

Landslide !!

Landslide !!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
50% reporting at 9:30pm Central Time.

Looks like a landslide for Walker and the (R) Lt. Governor.

Landslide !!

Landslide !!

But go on CNN and they are calling it a 'narrow' victory...LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Live Twitter Feed of Walker Recall Election....Obama is getting the blame for loss by Barrett....

www.thedailypage.com...

Des

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A lot of people believe the corporations are crooks, to a certain degree they are, but to act like Unions are innocent bystanders is straight comedy to me... Unions are beyond shady and its pretty sh*tty when a crappy worker makes as much as a great worker... That is total BS.... I cant wait to say bye bye to ALL unions, its not the 1940's anymore......

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Excellent news from north of the Cheddar Curtain tonight. The donks and their puppeteers took the beating they so rightly deserved. This was a body blow to organized public sector labor, and that my friends makes me happy. Thank you Wisconsin, for having the courage to take those buffoons to the mat. Now keep a boot on their necks until they are completely irrelevant.

link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
The anti-union crowd refuses to see how important worker's rights and the right to unionize are; deciding to uphold the corporate agenda over the welfare of the "EveryMan" worker.

I am not anti-Union. I am anti-public union as they are greatly responsible for the fiscal mess that the country and many states find themselves in. I am tired of my tax dollars going to pay for mediocrity that can not get fired without major contortions. They should be held to the same standards as any other worker.

I agree, lots of people don't understand the difference between private and public unions. I know I didnt until this debacle came around.

link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
But go on CNN and they are calling it a 'narrow' victory...LOL

The comedy on MSNBC was just as good, they said it was 'tight'.

If Mike Tyson had a 'tight' victory like this one he would have ended up with his fist stuck in someone's skull.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

They should have a mix channel like directtv does with the sunday ticket, so you're able to watch all the talking heads explode at the same time in moments like this.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
9:45pm Central Time.

CNN has "checked" the Republicans as winners !!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
"Now this is what democracy looks like,"

"Friends, years from now they will say the campaign to save American began tonight in Wisconsin."

Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Transit of Venus

Scott Walker wins

Miami Heat lose game 5

I ate Chipotle for lunch

This has been a great Tuesday!!!
edit on 5-6-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I walked in the room where my dad was watching msnbc, and when the guy announced the win his voice sounded like he had lost his whole family in a car crash.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

They all believe their own propaganda.

Heck, I hear it so much sometimes I start to believe it...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Walker 2
Union Thugs 0

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Live Twitter Feed of Walker Recall Election....Obama is getting the blame for loss by Barrett....

www.thedailypage.com...

Des

The left will be busy blaming;
Obama
Koch bros.
Tea Party
Sun spots
The weather

And STILL not realise that it was tax and spend/union dominated ideology that caused their loss.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I opened this thread expecting what I thought was going to be a big thumbs down on Walker and his shady circus, but it looks like most people posting here so far are supportive for a man and his agenda that is seemingly not for the people. I have been under the impression that Walker is a Koch product, and this can't be a good thing. What piece of information am I missing that Walker keeping his seat is positive in nature? I smell 'bought and paid for' all the way over here in Washington. There is something in his eyes that I don't trust, i guess. That is not proof of anything, but I wouldn't be doing business with a guy like that unless I made sure my interests were protected. So, help me out here, why is this good for Wisconsin?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerpit

Lower unemployment, fiscal responsibility.

I guess you're against that?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerpit
I opened this thread expecting what I thought was going to be a big thumbs down on Walker and his shady circus, but it looks like most people posting here so far are supportive for a man and his agenda that is seemingly not for the people. I have been under the impression that Walker is a Koch product, and this can't be a good thing. What piece of information am I missing that Walker keeping his seat is positive in nature? I smell 'bought and paid for' all the way over here in Washington. There is something in his eyes that I don't trust, i guess. That is not proof of anything, but I wouldn't be doing business with a guy like that unless I made sure my interests were protected. So, help me out here, why is this good for Wisconsin?

When you say "For the people" which people are you talking about? The public unions do all they can to get as much as then can from the taxpayer (the people). If they don't get what they want, they can go on strike (which also hurts the people) until they get what they want.

I'm not an expert on this subject but thats what I understand anyways. There is a difference between public and private unions. I guess they start with good intentions but as with anything become a corrupt greedy entity unto itself.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Destinyone

www.thedailypage.com...

Des

The left will be busy blaming;
Obama
Koch bros.
Tea Party
Sun spots
The weather

And STILL not realise that it was tax and spend/union dominated ideology that caused their loss.

You forgot to blame G W Bush

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join