It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GambitVII
reply to post by luciddream

Science is full of fairy tales, how do you think we've advanced so far? (sci-fi)

we haven't been quoting sci fi, we have been quoting science
while the creationists are quoting fantacy

can't you see the difference?
edit on 6-6-2012 by Danbones because: fixed quote box

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I won't ever vote for a program that does not leave the option of teaching open to the parents. Fair?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Nope, I actually like to help people, animals, etc. I do not look to a book to tell me to help people because it says so. However, if you look at the life of Jesus from a view point of non religion, he points a good example for what a person should strive for.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

Fair
as in fair and balanced like fox news?
where the viewers are less informed then people who who don't watch TV?

you can teach creationism in religion class as I said before
leave the science in science class

fair?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Fair
as in fair and balanced like fox news?
where the viewers are less informed then people who who don't watch TV?

you can teach creationism in religion class as I said before
leave the science in science class

fair?

Fair.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
for you creationists
just take a little peak at what chernoble and fucushima do to DNA and RNA

a little reverse engineering

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

What do you think RNA is made of... I have a bachelor in biology, your right evolution doesn't aim to make species smarter. It makes them more likely to survive the forces driving on their existence. So a orange seal will generally die before a camouflaged white one in the artic etc. But what were these forces driving on homo erectis that werent driving on apes?

There is also no evidence of one species changing into another. There just isnt. So humans have 98% ape genes. Show me the species or remains that has 99% or 98.5%? We didn't go from 100 straight to 98. And anything inbetween would have had a hard time breeding, as different species produce sterile offspring, if any at all.

Never said evolution was wrong but to blindly follow it is ignorant.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Could you then please show me the exact link between man and it's next common ancestor? I mean yeah I'm sure you'd show me a chimp, problem with that is that they had to shed a chromosome to become us, not something that happens naturally through evolution. My point being that at this point creationists and evolutionists are on an even playing field, because no one knows where MAN came from.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Could you then please show me the exact link between man and it's next common ancestor? I mean yeah I'm sure you'd show me a chimp, problem with that is that they had to shed a chromosome to become us, not something that happens naturally through evolution. My point being that at this point creationists and evolutionists are on an even playing field, because no one knows where MAN came from.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
First off I would not send my children anywhere near a public rockefellar/rothschild controlled, state-run omission-history, logic diluted, busy-work, learn-to-fill-out-forms public school.

That said:

Teach evolution in biology class
teach comparative religions class encompassing all religions, and a section on creationism
Reintroduce a philosophy class.

But as I said, the public schools are a disaster so good luck saving the next generation.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
. My point being that at this point creationists and evolutionists are on an even playing field, because no one knows where MAN came from.

Yeah, but we didn't come less than 10k years ago. Atleast 200k.

People need to stop think the answer is there waiting, if it was it wouldn't take so long to figure out. You need the most advanced minds of every generation to slowly build on the answer to our universe and it's activities on our lives.
edit on 6/6/12 by Swamper because: (no reason given)

link   

humanorigins.si.edu...

www.talkorigins.org...

Humans are not special. Not anymore than any other creature on earth. They are smarter and that's pretty much it. Everyone has such a huge ego that they can't live with themselves without thinking they have eternal life and that they were made by some magical special god and the earth was designed for them only. It is a purely emotional belief. Logic easily debunks it. There is tons of evidence of humans evolving.

If this is true that 46% of people think humans were created from scratch 10,000 years ago, then America is really in trouble. Emotional belief in a story book from thousands of years ago somehow trumps modern day science, what a riot. There's nothing wrong with faith, but there is something wrong with being THAT stupid. Let science do its job and learn about our origins instead of blindly assuming some random morality story is 100% literal fact and stop fighting with science after every discovery.

End the war on science and knowledge.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

link   

Dear Covertblack,

I don't really wish to enter into a debate on this topic Dear. It truly highlights the point I was making that YOU wish to. I'm not going to compare apples and pears, my statement was factual and true.

Let's leave it at that shall we?

T

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by KnawLick
So let me get this straight. If you believe lightning struck a puddle of amino acids and few million years later here I am, that makes you smart. But if you believe that life can't spawntanously combust and it's likely there was some creative forces behind it, your an idiot?

ZERO scientist know how life was created, its an open mystery. And there are plenty of questions on why a species that is relatively brand new, homo sapiens, developed far and away more intelligence than others. Birds for example are related to dinosaurs and were here millions of years before humans. Now if evolution depends on beneficial mutations, it seems unlikely that species that were here for millions of years longer than us, facing the same natural forces, are not even close to our intelligence.

Evolution may not be wrong but it doesn't explain how monkeys were picking there butts one 10,000 years and the next they were forming religions and developing agriculture. What's more likely a monkey woke up one day and designed MySpace or humans are just an anomaly, special.

It simply boils down to;

Go with the side with some evidence OR go with the side purely faith no no evidence

Go with side that is discovering things and trying to understand how this works OR go with side that says they have an absolute answer.

Go with side that is willing to modify answers upon discovering new things OR the side that is stubborn and does not want to change its ways

If you are going against Science and discovery what you actually saying is "i don't want to understand things, i like given instruction that i will follow without questions and anybody who doesn't do that is my enemy"

All science is doing is taking the magic out of things and some people rather live in a magical world.

Lightning was wrath of god before it was explained by science.
Earthquake was wrath of god before it was explained by science.
We were the center of the universe before it was explain by science.
Life was produced magically before it was explained by science.. oh wait, we still arguing that!

Meh the list can go on...

Science is about learning and understanding, not making absolute rules, its always open to change.

Make sterile, tired assumptions OR actually read what I wrote
Debate all issues because it only makes you smarter OR be narrow minded and judgemental
Escribe to a position you did nothing to defend OR point out where I was wrong

Don't think I mentioned God, or the bible once, was talking from a scientific standpoint not a religious one. So good job being dismissive and rude.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Then please show me the evidence where an animal EVOLVING into another animal sheds a chromosome... Don't worry I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Then please show me the evidence where an animal EVOLVING into another animal sheds a chromosome... Don't worry I'll wait.

Sure, as long as you can show me the evidence that suggests there is a creator. Don't worry, I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

Ah, this explains why gay marriage hasn't been allowed, as well as all the little dick syndrome. Gotta go pick on someone smaller than you, so you can all feel big and manly. Stop shooting poor starving innocent people, and fix the problems in your own nation. Nothing says I'm a man like taking care of your bills and family. Your people are broke, starving, homeless and your country is in enormous debt.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnawLick
Evolution may not be wrong but it doesn't explain how monkeys were picking there butts one 10,000 years and the next they were forming religions and developing agriculture. What's more likely a monkey woke up one day and designed MySpace or humans are just an anomaly, special.

Ummmm, try 7 million+ years, not 10,000. It's clear you haven't read much about evolution if that's truly what you believe.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Funny I never stated there was, simply just stated the fact that YOU know just as much as THEM. Seems I found a HOLE in your belief system, CHECK AND MATE.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

Its my fault that i assumed you were in support of Creationism since you discredited science, it seems in this forum, its this or that.

Where do you stand? which side do you lean to more if you do not believe in both? do you have an alternative theory?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join