It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestlessNRG
reply to post by blackcube

Many Muslims reject evolution and creationism and follows a belief of adamic descent, i.e. all humans come from Adam. therefore there are many religious muslim countries that teach in schools and believe that all human life came from Adam.

Oh
so thats why so many christians want to wipe them from the face of the earth

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This thread is misleading because Gallop usually only poll about 1000 people and then you have to take into account the location of the poll, ie take the poll in Utah and then in The Bronx or even in Detroit ( just as an example ) and you will get totally differing views .

So the info provided by the OP is utterly useless in showing a national opinion.

DP

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Many Muslims reject evolution and creationism and follows a belief of adamic descent, i.e. all humans come from Adam. therefore there are many religious muslim countries that teach in schools and believe that all human life came from Adam.

Oh

Why don't you admit you are a muslim or nazi yet? I mean, you have been defending them for almost 10 yrs now

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince
This thread is misleading because Gallop usually only poll about 1000 people and then you have to take into account the location of the poll, ie take the poll in Utah and then in The Bronx or even in Detroit ( just as an example ) and you will get totally differing views .

So the info provided by the OP is utterly useless in showing a national opinion.

DP

the above post is misleading

because of itself

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins

SO WHAT?

Creationism is just a viable theory as evolution. Creationism and evolution are just as viable theories as the theory that life on earth came from off this planet and we were 'seeded' here. It's all theory. One is as good as the other. Probably none will be proven for sure. Believing that God was involved in creation isn't a bad thing. Believing that the world is 6,000 years old and that God spot-zapped Adam and Eve into existence 6,000 years ago is a little silly (and has been proven false) .. but believing that God somehow created people isn't silly at all.

The thing is .. I dont understand why people think it has to be one or the other. Why do people think it can ONLY be creationism or it can ONLY be evolution or it can ONLY be 'seeding' from space? If there is a God .. and yes I'm sure there is ... why couldn't He use evolution as a form of creation? Why couldn't He use 'seeding' as a way to create people?

To the creationists ... Guys - we could have been created in soooo many ways. Believing evolution happened (which I don't) doesn't mean that God wasn't involved. Believing we were 'seeded' from space (which I think is probably what happened) doesn't mean that God wasn't involved. God can create however He wants and use whatever methods He wants. Right?

To those who deny God is real ... Guys - If you don't believe that there is a God then that's your business. But just as the creationists are closed minded to the fact that an omnipotent being could easily use evolution to create humans ... try not to be closed minded to the fact that there really could be an omnipotent being who sparked evolution or 'seeding' in order to create people.

We are small. The universe is big. There is a lot we don't know about. Anything is possible.

edit on 6/6/2012 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Oh

Why don't you admit you are a muslim or nazi yet? I mean, you have been defending them for almost 10 yrs now

no
I stand for liberty and justice
all you have is NO WMDS
and "god told me to go to war with Iraq" - GWB

and calling me a nazi is just like the way many of christians insult everyone else on the planet that christians are trying to destroy ( including themselves..( like Ireland )
PURE unadulterated BS
just like creationism

edit on 6-6-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Oh

no
I stand for liberty and justice
all you have is NO WMDS
and "god told me to go to war with Iraq" - GWB

and calling me a nazi is just like the way many of christians insult everyone else on the planet that christians are trying to destroy ( including themselves..( like Ireland )
PURE unadulterated BS
just like creationism

Well my country never warred with iraq and gwb isn't a christian. It helps your narrative though. Go ahead and start the holocaust, dan

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

sure FF
as far as personal belief goes thats fine

but it isn't about that..its about forcing it on other people's children in the classroom, or with drones.

please refer to the court cases I posted.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

gwb isn't a christian. It helps your narrative though. Go ahead and start the holocaust, dan

When Mr. Bush is inaugurated next month, he will become the third Methodist to assume the nation's highest office
www.adherents.com...

methodists aren't Christian?
wow, you are ignorant and full of it aren't you..
and accusing me of starting a holocaust because I quoted court cases is somewhat unsound...
scratch that unsound honestly I ment INSANE

this thread is about creationism being bunk but like the over 40 percent of Americans survayed who think IRAQ is an island..( australia ) it is still believed ....

this is GENERALLY the type who beive in creationism:

About 11 percent of young citizens of the U.S. couldn't even locate the U.S. on a map. The Pacific Ocean's location was a mystery to 29 percent; Japan, to 58 percent; France, to 65 percent; and the United Kingdom, to 69 percent

news.nationalgeographic.com...
people wonder why the uS is collapsing...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I have said it once and I'll say it again .

Gallop only poll 1000 people , so the information is useless at providing a national opinion.

Jeez

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I have said it once and I'll say it again .

Gallop only poll 1000 people , so the information is useless at providing a national opinion.

Jeez

It turns out that the callers who reach Gallup's switchboard may be just the tip of the iceberg. Survey researchers have actually conducted public opinion polls to find out how much confidence Americans have in polls -- and have discovered an interesting problem. People generally believe the results of polls, but they do not believe in the scientific principles on which polls are based.

www.janda.org...

jeez
can't support creationism with facts?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

gwb isn't a christian. It helps your narrative though. Go ahead and start the holocaust, dan

When Mr. Bush is inaugurated next month, he will become the third Methodist to assume the nation's highest office
www.adherents.com...

methodists aren't Christian?
wow, you are ignorant and full of it aren't you..
and accusing me of starting a holocaust because I quoted court cases is somewhat unsound...
scratch that unsound honestly I ment INSANE

this thread is about creationism being bunk but like the over 40 percent of Americans survayed who think IRAQ is an island..( australia ) it is still believed ....

this is GENERALLY the type who beive in creationism:

About 11 percent of young citizens of the U.S. couldn't even locate the U.S. on a map. The Pacific Ocean's location was a mystery to 29 percent; Japan, to 58 percent; France, to 65 percent; and the United Kingdom, to 69 percent

news.nationalgeographic.com...
people wonder why the uS is collapsing...

Well if by georges words, you can convict him a christian and pass it off on our hands, your words pass you off on islamists muslims hands.
Thats how the game is played. So why aren't you in afghanistan fighting the "christians?
You are a coward, hiding in your bungalow. If I wanted to kill people I would sign up

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

where is your PROOF gwb isn't christian?
no proof no wmds no binladen no creationism

certainly you are a christian or at least you qualify to be one
say, are you by any chance a catholic priest?

who commited the HOLOCAUST again?
germany? 98.5 CHRISTIAN in 1939
so get off that boat buddy...you are blaming me for a crime committed by CHRISTIANS

and you wonder why I stand for science and truth, and TRUE sprituality?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Hey ya' Danbones

As far as I'm concerned, the schools should stick to the facts. The FACTS are -

- people are on earth.
- we don't know for sure how we got here.
- there are many theories .. list the theories .. state that they are THEORIES.
- natural selection happens.

It doesn't hurt kids to know that there are many different theories. I mean .. they are out there and they'll run into them, right? Don't teach any of them as 'FACT' because we simply don't know. that's the truth .. right?

My words - all sides should be more open minded - are for the adults on this forum.
Creationists - be open to the fact that an omnipotent God could 'create' using any method He wants.
Evolutionists - be open to the fact that we are small and we really don't know much about anything at all.

Just seems like common sense to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I don't support either side of the argument . I was trying to wake you up as to how misleading opinion polls can be .

Go back to sleep .

edit on 6-6-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

people wonder why the uS is collapsing

Ever watched Springer or Maury? That'll tell you why the US is collapsing.
I don't know where they dig these people up, but there seems to be an unending supply.
And our tax money usually goes to support these idiots. YIKES!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Sure FF
IMHO, you can teach creationism in religion class
to say evolution hasn't been proven is wrong, or hasn't been proven, is NOT correct
as you may notice in my previous posts
re pesticide use and in the courtcases regarding education and creationism.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I don't support either side of the argument . I was trying to wake you up as to how misleading opinion polls can be .

Go back to sleep .

edit on 6-6-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

and you provided ZERO evidence to support your fantacy dream...you know what they say about unsubstanciated opinions like yours don't you?...
they are like creationism

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Fruitfly Study Shows How Evolution Wings It
ScienceDaily (Apr. 22, 2006) — In the frantic world of fruitfly courtship, the difference between attracting a mate and going home alone may depend on having the right wing spots. Now, Howard Hughes Medical Institute researchers have learned which elements of fly DNA make these spots come and go in different species. Their studies have also uncovered surprising new evidence supporting the idea that evolution is an incessant tinkerer when it comes to complex traits.
www.sciencedaily.com...

here is more reality

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

reply to post by HamrHeed

where is your PROOF gwb isn't christian?
no proof no wmds no binladen no creationism

certainly you are a christian or at least you qualify to be one
say, are you by any chance a catholic priest?

who commited the HOLOCAUST again?
germany? 98.5 CHRISTIAN in 1939
so get off that boat buddy...you are blaming me for a crime committed by CHRISTIANS

and you wonder why I stand for science and truth, and TRUE sprituality?

You idiot! Even if I told you why, you still wouldn't understand because the only thing you know about christians is that you want to kill us!
What could I possibly teach you about us if you believe GWB is a christian?
So what are you? Muslim? Luciferian? Why are you scared to be known?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join