It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tbrooks76
Your very 1st link is a fruit fly becoming a.....wait for it.....wait for it……a fruit fly!!!!
I suppose in your eyes if a child is born with a birth defect like missing an arm that is an evolutionary step.

LOL at ignoring all those links to make a blatantly wrong statement. The fruit flies became a different species no longer capable of breeding with the originals. That is textbook speciation, which you flat out deny is possible, despite it happening in a lab.

this is a great example of HAVING A THEROY AND TRYING TO MAKE THE EVIDENCE FIT THE THEORY it’s no different the what a bible thumper does, you just try and make the belief system sound better hiding behind so call science. But it’s not real science if you can’t stay objective, not that being Christian is any better when it comes to objectively, I get that, but evolutionist are just as non-objective, but they don’t admit it. You can justify it any way that make you feel better, but it’s a fruit fly becoming a fruit fly. Show me a cat giving birth to a dog, and then I respect an evolutionist a little more.

That is a bunch of lies... again.. Read an actual science book instead of this nonsense you are scooping from creationist websites. SHOW ME WHERE THE EVIDENCE I POSTED IS WRONG. You won't do it, because YOU CAN'T. This is typical denial after being show scientific facts. If a cat gave birth to a dog, it would instantly prove evolution wrong. You clearly don't even have a grasp on the basics of the theory, nor understand the concept of slow change over time. Please go read some actual science instead of plugging your ears and ignoring everything I posted.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

Science does not cover everything.

Explain to me how Science has proven what is the Origin Source for all life, matter and energy?

You can't and yet you act like you can. delusion made manifest?

I don't have to prove that God exists using Science. It is based on Faith. I would however submit that Science has in every way backed up my Faith based beliefs...

There is not ONE SINGLE scientific discovery that negates my Faith based beliefs. You can't point one out... you have NOTHING to invalidate my beliefs.

Like I said, Belief in God is a hypothesis based on experience and examination of the world through the lens of human consciousness. It is not based in Physical Fact and does not need to be. God transcends Science. Science cannot reach into the immaterial world and pull back something tangible to test.

Faith allows me to see beyond what is observable to human examination. It is literally what saves me from the pit of a meaningless existence that we would lead if there is no God. I have hope that Death is not the end of me.. rather that the Eternal nature of my Soul will be preserved through the Power of an Eternal God.

Science Can NEVER take this away from me. It can merely confirm the nature of what has been physically manifested through Creation. Of course I'm quite interested to hear this Scientifically proven or even theorized method which substitutes for Creation and explains where all life, information, matter and energy originated from, if not from God.

I'm waiting... tell me what is the alternative answer that Science provides??

Soul

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It takes independent thought to step out of the "God circle".

Most of us are assimilated from birth that God is real. Most don't even think about whether to believe or not - - they just accept it.

Kind of like: "The sky is blue". Who questions whether the sky is blue or not?

Plus its part of belonging to a social order. Few people want to be the outcast. Its much more comforting to say: "I belong".

I don't think most people think one way or the other about god. They just "belong".

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

You have NO EVIDENCE OR PROOF THAT MY VIEW POINT IS NOT VALID.

No need to prove you wrong, we only need to prove evolution correct, and this has been done. The only people that think evolution goes against a creator are bible literalists.

my point still stands, Evolution is NOT proven as a substitue for God... which is a Common conception in the general populace... even if you do not hold it.

I don't deny evolution(little e)... however secular society is using it to attempt to undermine the concept of a Creator. If you deny this, your are hopelessly ignorant. To deny God is the primary Goal of research in evolutionary concepts. Again, even if you personally do not see it that way.

Soul
edit on 7-6-2012 by SoulReaper because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2012 by SoulReaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulReaper
I'm waiting... tell me what is the alternative answer that Science provides??

Evolution is not an alternative to creation unless you believe in literal 6 day creation story and that humans were made in their current form. The only alternative to creation is abiogenesis, which is still a work in progress and certainly doesn't prove anything yet. There have been a couple successful experiments however.

Science and faith are 2 very different concepts. The purpose of science is not to take your faith away, but to learn how things work. That's been the goal since the beginning. Denying evolution is like denying gravity. Why do you feel that evolution contradicts your faith?
edit on 7-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I never have denied evolution, you make assumptions.

Faith is a powerful conduit toward higher knowledge. I understand it can be misused and misguided. But if you dismiss Everything and Anything that is based in Faith... You are limiting yourself... not freeing yourself.

Faith is not against Logic and Reason... it takes a foundation built in logic and reason and allows man to build beyond it.

God is not the antithesis of scientific discoveries... he is beyond the reach of the scientific method.

Hope for Life after Death, Love, Moral Goodness, all these are concepts which transcend Science and you cannot properly grasp them without Faith.

Soul

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

I was going to write a long reply explaining some of the bad science in clams above, but it takes time and there is too much to argue about, it’s pointless because both or minds are made up.

So I'm willing to agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

my point still stands, Evolution is NOT proven as a substitue for God...

Evolution is NOT substitute for God. Not sure why do you see it that way. Evolution is just scientific way to explain how life progressed in earth and diversified trough time.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

my point still stands, Evolution is NOT proven as a substitue for God...

Evolution is NOT substitute for God. Not sure why do you see it that way. Evolution is just scientific way to explain how life progressed in earth and diversified trough time.

Well, it is a substitute for the literal interpretation of the bible though. I mean, Genesis got so much wrong, it should at least make you think about the accuracy of the rest. And it's that "doubt" people are so afraid of...because it would mean that for (often many) years they were wrong. No one likes to admit they are wrong, even if the "cost" is sometimes high

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Faith is a powerful conduit toward higher knowledge.

Interested in knowing more about this, you should start a thread about the kinds of Higher Knowledge that can be attained through Faith.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hope for Life after Death, Love, Moral Goodness, all these are concepts which transcend Science and you cannot properly grasp them without Faith.

Really, so I as atheist can not love or be moral or those other common sense concepts?? Ouch!

As for life after death, check my signature...

Don't get me started on faith and moral.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperFrog

Really, so I as atheist can not love or be moral or those other common sense concepts?? Ouch!

As for life after death, check my signature...

Don't get me started on faith and moral.

This is soooooooooooooooooo true.

I didn't fully accept that I am Atheist until about 65.

What a burden was lifted off my shoulders to know Right Now Life Matters. Not living for some imaginary life in my future death.

And - - how important it is to make each day count - - and to give back Right Now to future generations.

Life became so much more important.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why has no one told me I don't have to act in a moral way since I'm an atheist???? WHY?

Oh...I know...COMMON SENSE that control freak prevented me from acting like a lunatic.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I never have denied evolution, you make assumptions.

The only assumptions come from you claiming that evolution is viewed as a substitute for god or that the only goal of science is to disprove god. Both are not true, even if you think they are.

Faith is a powerful conduit toward higher knowledge. I understand it can be misused and misguided. But if you dismiss Everything and Anything that is based in Faith... You are limiting yourself... not freeing yourself.
I don't dismiss everything that is based on faith. I just say that since it IS based on faith, it doesn't have objective evidence to support it, which is a true statement.

Faith is not against Logic and Reason... it takes a foundation built in logic and reason and allows man to build beyond it.

Faith is against logic, because you are ASSUMING that something exists which has no evidence to support it.

God is not the antithesis of scientific discoveries... he is beyond the reach of the scientific method.

In other words there is no scientific evidence of his existence. We already know this. It's based on faith, we know, this isn't anything new.

That's a flat out lie, suggesting that someone has to have faith in a magical god or whatever creator just to experience love and moral goodness. Talk about arrogance. I'd never make an assumption like that about someone of faith. What gives? Emotions are part of our brains, and that includes love as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

I was going to write a long reply explaining some of the bad science in clams above, but it takes time and there is too much to argue about, it’s pointless because both or minds are made up.

So I'm willing to agree to disagree.

Okay, well I'm not willing to do the same, because you are flat out wrong in almost every assumption you made in that post, and my evidence is accepted by 99% of all scientists and peer reviewed to verify authenticity.
You sound like Kent Hovind with that "bad science" nonsense. Give me examples of the bad science from my links and back it up with legitimate evidence, rather than speculation and subject changing. You don't have to go through it all, just source me a couple examples and explain them and show the contradicting evidence. It's all a big mesh now, but weren't you the one that suggested evolution is wrong because cats don't give birth to dogs??? Just saying... you might want to actually read some legitimate science instead of just accepting what some creationist site told you.
edit on 7-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by Erectus
It is a fact that 1 in 2 adults never reach the final stage of cognitive development. They are incapable of reaching original conclusions. Instead they believe what their trusted institutions tell them. Such institutions include family, government, and church. This is not a belief, but is, unlike some things, empirically supported (that means there is actually evidence). This is a fine example of what is wrong with this nation. Half the population can't even think for themselves.

I agree with this statement - it's a shame 54% of America still believes in fairytales and clings to their Religion of Evolution.

Poor guys :\

You know...I look forward to the day when religious beliefs of all kinds have been eradicated.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I'm a Christian, I don't think being an atheist or agnostic makes you a bad immoral person. I disagree with your atheist belief, but I can agree to disagree and just because you don’t believe in God doesn’t not make you evil, it just means you don’t believe in God.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

It is a fact that 1 in 2 adults never reach the final stage of cognitive development. They are incapable of reaching original conclusions. Instead they believe what their trusted institutions tell them. Such institutions include family, government, and church. This is not a belief, but is, unlike some things, empirically supported (that means there is actually evidence). This is a fine example of what is wrong with this nation. Half the population can't even think for themselves.

I agree with this statement - it's a shame 54% of America still believes in fairytales and clings to their Religion of Evolution.

You know...I look forward to the day when religious beliefs of all kinds have been eradicated.

Why?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Why?

Because superstition is counterproductive to human progress.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Because superstition is counterproductive to human progress.

Nah...
besides its not superstition to people that believe in it, and everybody believes in something.
Religion as done both allot bad things, yet allot good things too. no matter what happens some forum of religion will always be around.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join