It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins

page: 24
30
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan
 


Thanks. Or the so called knight templars who were sent by european nobility to STEAL all the relics and treasures from jerusalem under the guise of protecting christianity from the invading muslims.

The same knight templars who then switched to european banking in switzerland and came up with the primitive traveler's check
Then they got kicked out of europe for the most part and later formed freemasonry to control capitalism and mainstream religion. You have to believe in a grand architect and be influential to the community to get voted into that club.

BTW they maintain that tradition of no questions asked banking in switzerland today where all the wealthy take their laundered money for safe keeping so they don't have to share it with the welfare recepients back home.




posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan
 

Actually....uhhhhhhh....NO!
One is not as good as the other. Evolution is a process that a person can observe occurring under a Children's Microscope within 25 to 30 minutes. It is undeniable.

Microbial Seeding...possible...but there would still be needed an Evolutionary process.

Split Infinity



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by Masterjaden
Evolution: defined as: Change over time to adapt to the environment.... That is true science. It can be observed and as you have pointed out, it HAS been observed...

Evolution: defined as" MASSIVE change over MASSIVE UNOBSERVABLE periods of time... That is where there is all kinds of problems and where it is ABSOLUTELY correct to say it is just a theory... It is NOT fact, it is NOT observable and it is asinine to make the huge leaps in logic necessary to state that it is anything other than a belief.

Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us what these "all kinds of problems" are, how the fossil record (both in progression and lack of 100 million year old fossils of contemporary animals) doesn't serve as an indirect observation (same goes for genetics and distribution of species), and what these "huge leaps in logic" are?
edit on 6-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)


How about a 65 million year old Caelocanth??? No fossils for the 65 million years in between when it was last seen in the fossil record and it being a living creature today??

The problem with the fossil record stems from circular logic for the dating of the layers and the problems with the original theories that were built upon.

That is the problem with the modern paradigms. they are built on foundations that are seriously flawed. It was brought up that I was referring to theories from the 1800's.

No I wasn't. I was referring to the evolution of theories based on proven false foundations.

Those who are stuck in the paradigms would like to believe that you can improve upon falsehoods, but unfortunately, that's not the way it works.

Once you discover that they are falsehoods, you can no longer use ANYTHING from those falshoods as a basis for ANYTHING and expect it to remain accurate.

So the problem becomes that people are too stupid or too enamored with their own supposed greatness to admit they were wrong and start over.

This leads to the current state that we have where we have built on errors and gotten much farther from the truth as opposed to getting closer to it.

Jaden

You're right, there is no argument, you fools are too indoctrinated and illogical to even search for the truth, let alone find it.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by FlyersFan
 

Actually....uhhhhhhh....NO!
One is not as good as the other. Evolution is a process that a person can observe occurring under a Children's Microscope within 25 to 30 minutes. It is undeniable.

Microbial Seeding...possible...but there would still be needed an Evolutionary process.

Split Infinity



This is not necessarily true because we still have no idea how time works. According to bibles our creator is the beginning and the end, can see every moment in time, know every thought. This is most likely because the creator is not bound to time like we are. We ride a time wave in our dimension. Our creator is not bound to the same time wave because the creator exists in higher dimension outside our time.

Think of a balance beam.


Imagine the left side of the balance beam is where time starts and the right side where time ends. We are living in the present represented by the girl in the middle of the balance beam. We cannot move forward or backwards but we are slowly inching toward the right side. As we inch toward the right side we get our flow of time. Evolution is nothing more than our experience of future changes as they come into the present view. Nothing is evolving we simply get to see more of what the creator created at the beginning as we inch through time.

edit on 6-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden
 


Actually I do not believe in any kind of self-evolution except of the mind. An organism is built with certain characteristics it keeps for as long as it lives. Cross breeding and genetic manipulation has nothing to do with evolution.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by HumanCondition
46% of the US has a serious social mental illness.


Translation-


46% of the US is retarded, and I am more intelligent then those 143 million people.


To the rest of you- Evolution is a theory and has NOT been observed, never, ever, ever. It has never been proven, and it is not science.

Debate me, I challenge you. Any claim, any question, any attack- I accept all.


Are you sure?? Is that just a bit arrogant? Evolution is theory based on scientific facts, every day we learn more and more about our past, where religion is based on pure belief.

To all who believe that evolution did not happen - please take a look at this 15 min video, not directly related to topic, but completely covering issue of disbelief in science...

Juan Enriquez - Will our kids be a different spicies

What do you think? Science? Evolution?

As for original topic - 46% is worrying number.

edit on 6-6-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog
 


If people eat too many GMO foods or covertly breed with aliens in underground laboratories THEN YES humans can evolve, BUT they didn't evolve on their own now did they???



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
This is not necessarily true because we still have no idea how time works. According to bibles our creator is the beginning and the end, can see every moment in time, know every thought. This is most likely because the creator is not bound to time like we are. We ride a time wave in our dimension. Our creator is not bound to the same time wave because the creator exists in higher dimension outside our time.


Logical Fallacy: Begging the Question

First make a claim. In this instance the claim is "There is a Creator."
Second, evidence the claim with supposition. "The Creator is the Beginning and the End because He says so."
Third, build an argument based on the supposition. "The Creator is not bound to time like we are because he says so."



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs
 

A philsophical argument could be made that everyting must begin with a thought or an idea, which could even come in the form of a quantum fluxuation after an eternity of eternities..



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by Masterjaden
Evolution: defined as: Change over time to adapt to the environment.... That is true science. It can be observed and as you have pointed out, it HAS been observed...

Evolution: defined as" MASSIVE change over MASSIVE UNOBSERVABLE periods of time... That is where there is all kinds of problems and where it is ABSOLUTELY correct to say it is just a theory... It is NOT fact, it is NOT observable and it is asinine to make the huge leaps in logic necessary to state that it is anything other than a belief.

Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us what these "all kinds of problems" are, how the fossil record (both in progression and lack of 100 million year old fossils of contemporary animals) doesn't serve as an indirect observation (same goes for genetics and distribution of species), and what these "huge leaps in logic" are?
edit on 6-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)


How about a 65 million year old Caelocanth??? No fossils for the 65 million years in between when it was last seen in the fossil record and it being a living creature today??

The problem with the fossil record stems from circular logic for the dating of the layers and the problems with the original theories that were built upon.

That is the problem with the modern paradigms. they are built on foundations that are seriously flawed. It was brought up that I was referring to theories from the 1800's.

No I wasn't. I was referring to the evolution of theories based on proven false foundations.

Those who are stuck in the paradigms would like to believe that you can improve upon falsehoods, but unfortunately, that's not the way it works.

Once you discover that they are falsehoods, you can no longer use ANYTHING from those falshoods as a basis for ANYTHING and expect it to remain accurate.

So the problem becomes that people are too stupid or too enamored with their own supposed greatness to admit they were wrong and start over.

This leads to the current state that we have where we have built on errors and gotten much farther from the truth as opposed to getting closer to it.

Jaden

You're right, there is no argument, you fools are too indoctrinated and illogical to even search for the truth, let alone find it.

A fish species that has remained morphologically similar for millions of years is not a problem in any sense. Everything else you wrote was very vague. What foundations are flawed? There are multiple independent dating methods, and they tend to agree with each other. Where's the problem? You see, you have presented just baseless claims. That's all. Nobody is forced to understand evolution. There are no warnings of eternal torture and such if somebody questions it. Teaching evolution is no more indoctrination than teaching mathematics or other natural sciences. Anyway, keep living in your bubble. I'm pretty sure your brainwashing is too strong and that there's no hope for you. I'm not going to call you a fool. It's probably not your own fault. You're just a victim.
edit on 6-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Furbs
 

A philsophical argument could be made that everyting must begin with a thought or an idea, which could even come in the form of a quantum fluxuation after an eternity of eternities..


That's not the point of contention.

You cannot make a claim and use your claim as evidence of your claim.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Furbs
 

A philsophical argument could be made that everyting must begin with a thought or an idea, which could even come in the form of a quantum fluxuation after an eternity of eternities..


That's not the point of contention.

You cannot make a claim and use your claim as evidence of your claim.


We believe higher dimensions exist based on science not based on "our creators word." SO if the evidence is there of higher dimension than why is it so far fetched to believe evolution is what I stated above? That it's nothing more than the future which has already been created (already existing) entering our present frame of time.
edit on 6-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros
 


So please tell us, HOW do organisms evolve......

For example if you drink too much cow blood or wolf urine you become a vampire?

If you drink too much polluted water with CorExit you become a zombie who runs around naked eating people?


If you live in africa your skin color changes from pale to brownish?

And I already talked about cross breeding and genetic manipulation by a third party................

I want real examples NOT nerdy stuff that is impossible to comprehend!



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
So please tell us, HOW do organisms evolve......

Reproduction creates variation. Natural selection acts upon this variation. Repeat over and over. Tada!
edit on 6-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte
 


So because there are some evidence of a "local" flood, you assume that everything in it is correct? What about the fact that it states that the Earth is 6000 years old? Can't just pick and choose the parts that you want.

The Bible is a book of fairytales. NOTHING in it should be taken seriously. The Old Testament God is a joke.

There are other ways to prove God's existence. One does not have to rely on such an antiquated book that God knows how many times it's been edited.

In addtion, Christianity doesn't represent all religions. Buddhism and Hinduism don't state that the Earth is 6000 years old.

Even though I believe in a Creator(in other areas, as long as you assume that Bible is a heathen book, everything "fits"), I would not be opposed to teaching evolution, as long as they state the above.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
We believe higher dimensions exist based on science not based on "our creators word." SO if the evidence is there of higher dimension than why is it so far fetched to believe evolution is what I stated above? That it's nothing more than the future which has already been created (already existing) entering our present frame of time.
edit on 6-6-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)


Logical Fallacy: The Meaningless Statement

You are saying a lot of words, but your words do not mean anything within any sort of logical context.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
So please tell us, HOW do organisms evolve......

Reproduction creates variation. Natural selection acts upon this variation. Repeat over and over. Tada!
edit on 6-6-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)


Ok. I see your point. I was thinking more in line with self-mutation, which I guess is also possible.


Still humans did not evolve directly from cavemen. Cavemen were too dumb imo and the ancient astronaut theory does a better job explaining stuff than either religion or science.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I want real examples NOT nerdy stuff that is impossible to comprehend!




Pretty simple.



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
In a new pool by Gallup a new and scare info got out
In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins
www.gallup.com...




PRINCETON, NJ -- Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. The prevalence of this creationist view of the origin of humans is essentially unchanged from 30 years ago, when Gallup first asked the question. About a third of Americans believe that humans evolved, but with God's guidance; 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process



And in another news:

South Korea surrenders to creationist demands
Publishers set to remove examples of evolution from high-school textbooks.
www.nature.com...




Mention creationism, and many scientists think of the United States, where efforts to limit the teaching of evolution have made headway in a couple of states1. But the successes are modest compared with those in South Korea, where the anti-evolution sentiment seems to be winning its battle with mainstream science.


I am scared for my fellow humans... I am just wondering when the Inquisition will come back

edit on 5/6/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)



-----46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins----- REALLY ???


Cripes, there's going to be extreme weeping and gnashing of teeth in the US when extraterrestrials finally make their presence known and confirm it was them who created man !

PREDICTION: Within 20 years the US will be taken over by radical fundamentalist creationists who will demand a westernized head to foot body covering for women !
edit on 6-6-2012 by eNaR because: .spelling



posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR
 


What about the insectoid apocalypse............GIANT MUTATED INSECTS FROM HELL!!!!!




Based on a stephen king novel.....awesome film and I highely recommend for all to see!




top topics



 
30
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

log in

join