It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by Erectus

Have we found the missing link? Just curious.

The mythical missing link. Care to specify what exactly is missing? I bet this is something you remember from sunday school or some other religious indoctrination/brainwashing center...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Ah but you are above all of them, at least you seem to think so.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
F-that. Depends on the demographic you ask.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

reply to post by Erectus

If you mean transitional fossils, there are already there.

you would never find A > B > C > D > F,

It would be A a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 ab 1 ab 2 ab 3 ab4 ab 5 B b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 bc bc1 bc2 bc3 etc

all we could do is keep digging and filling the puzzle. Its not easy to find perfect fossils, also these fossils are just a bonus to explain evolution, there are many other information.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by Barcs

Originally posted by NoJoker13
Then where is the one with 23 chromosome pairs? An why are chimps still around? Two questions that if you can answer for me I'll believe that the evolution of man directly came from chimps. I never said I didn't believe in evolution or religion my point here is that neither side no enough, again we're discussing HUMAN evolution here, don't know enough to be correct on the matter. I do believe in evolution and that it is fact, although the theory of how that happens is not. The path of human evolution cannot be mapped from A-Z until it can your theories on the subject are simply unfounded and that's my point.

HUMANS DID NOT EVOLVE FROM CHIMPS. How many times does this have to be repeated?

YOU NAZI! HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE AUTHORITY OF THE GENERIC SHOOL CURRICULUM!

god did it. make sense.

Prove we evolved from apes please, I still have yet to see it besides maybe some ground thumpin gorrillas.
You have faith in in evolution? Ouch, not a solid arguement if so

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It's hard not to become condescending. Once I had a guy tell me that dinosaurs never lived. They were just a bunch of bones that people dug up and put together however they wanted to make whatever kind of creature they desired.

Even worse, somebody is going to read the explanation for dinosaurs that I just shared. They will think about it for 2 seconds and declare it within their mind to be a reasonable explanation.

link   

It is the continuous finding of transitional fossils. We keep finding small bits and pieces, and like to believe that a lower species evolved into us, but finding of the records had gaps last I heard.

link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

I never said I even believe in creationism... You just assume that. What I believe is the truth, that we have no idea how life started or why humans are so much more advanced than everything else.

Actually, we have a pretty good idea of how life started. It's called the RNA world, and numerous experiments support it. In one experiment, autocatalytic RNA molecules, which are thought to represent the very beginning of life in this planet, spontaneously formed from short strands of RNA. Human intelligence isn't very hard to explain either. Natural selection clearly strongly favored this trait in our lineage.

link   

Originally posted by KnawLick

I never said I even believe in creationism... You just assume that. What I believe is the truth, that we have no idea how life started or why humans are so much more advanced than everything else.

I just hate evolutionist people like you that are ALWAYS right. You sound no better than the creationist. Your both to blame!!!

The truth is there ARE shades of grey in this world and you DON'T know the answer to every question. So stop pretending like you do. None of us do, not you, not me, not the smartest scientist on this planet. Just accept to truth, WE DON'T KNOW!

Exactly! The only thing we know for sure is that we dont know. Science can take us right to the beginning of the procces but it will never explain why. Creationist try to fill the blanks with Humanist Ideas which will always fall short of explaining anything.

Just accept that we know nothing and you save yourself a lot of pain.

link   
reply to post by squiz

THANK YOU. Finally somebody came in here with facts! Thank you good sir. I don't care if my view is right or wrong, I strive for truth. Not blind obidence to evolution OR creationism. Please bless these people with facts. They are sorely needed. I'm tapping out. Actually have a job, etc.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus

It's hard not to become condescending. Once I had a guy tell me that dinosaurs never lived. They were just a bunch of bones that people dug up and put together however they wanted to make whatever kind of creature they desired.

Even worse, somebody is going to read the explanation for dinosaurs that I just shared. They will think about it for 2 seconds and declare it within their mind to be a reasonable explanation.

Ok, maybe that guy. Have the people on here said that to you? Again, so what if they believe something different it doesn't make you smarter than them.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It is the continuous finding of transitional fossils. We keep finding small bits and pieces, and like to believe that a lower species evolved into us, but finding of the records had gaps last I heard.

What is a "lower species"?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

reply to post by Erectus

If you mean transitional fossils, there are already there.

you would never find A > B > C > D > F,

It would be A a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 ab 1 ab 2 ab 3 ab4 ab 5 B b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 bc bc1 bc2 bc3 etc

all we could do is keep digging and filling the puzzle. Its not easy to find perfect fossils, also these fossils are just a bonus to explain evolution, there are many other information.

I get that, I just wanted to know if we have been continuing to fill the gaps with transitional fossils.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus

lol that's how you get these crazy ideas from these fake retarded websites that some people pick it up to argue science.
edit on 6/6/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Sorry for the poor wording. A less evolved species. At least as human beings concern ourselves as.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i'll have to go w/ The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien - preceding the hobits and middle earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If memory serves me the numbers were at around 70% for Creationism in the 50s and 60% in the 80s. The denial of spirit usually correlates to the economic and social decline of a country. Its no surprise that cannibalism, manslaughter, rape, violence and hate-speech toward the religious have been on the constant rise since decades.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Sorry for the poor wording. A less evolved species. At least as human beings concern ourselves as.

less evolved? where was it proven or even suggested that man is the "most evolved?" evolution, and life in general, is not a straight line of progress from 1 to 10. one species a long time ago branched off into two or more separate species and then died out as the new species continued to evolve. We probably came from a very low population species which was concentrated in one area. that would explain why it's so hard to find this missing link. but again, that term leads one to believe that it is a chain, link after link, from past to present. evolution moves in fits and starts, sometimes even backtracking on itself.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
So I guess this thread has been discarded and forgotten by both members and mods.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Apparently no name calling and civility are only a suggestion.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, I've been told I can no longer start threads that have anything to do with my show, but this is not a thread starter, and this episode deals specifically with the OP. It is my interview with Pastor Carl Gallups of the PPSimmons Youtube channel, in which he discusses his book "The Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending the Christian Faith."

I DARE any atheist to read this book and maintain their unbelief in the Almighty.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join