Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins

page: 1
30
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
In a new pool by Gallup a new and scare info got out
In U.S., 46% Hold Creationist View of Human Origins
www.gallup.com...




PRINCETON, NJ -- Forty-six percent of Americans believe in the creationist view that God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years. The prevalence of this creationist view of the origin of humans is essentially unchanged from 30 years ago, when Gallup first asked the question. About a third of Americans believe that humans evolved, but with God's guidance; 15% say humans evolved, but that God had no part in the process



And in another news:

South Korea surrenders to creationist demands
Publishers set to remove examples of evolution from high-school textbooks.
www.nature.com...




Mention creationism, and many scientists think of the United States, where efforts to limit the teaching of evolution have made headway in a couple of states1. But the successes are modest compared with those in South Korea, where the anti-evolution sentiment seems to be winning its battle with mainstream science.


I am scared for my fellow humans... I am just wondering when the Inquisition will come back
edit on 5/6/12 by blackcube because: (no reason given)



+48 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
46% of the US has a serious social mental illness.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
And they are the smart ones


Just kidding.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)


+7 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube
 


And it's that 46% that vote and somewhat determine the direction this country takes. Protestant Churches are usually very conservative and tell their parishioners to vote for a particular candidate and they do. Anyone that thinks their is a separation of church and state is delusional.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That number is substantially higher than I would have guessed. I'm not sure how to feel quite honestly.


+7 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube
 


Evolution is just a theory man, no more proof to that than the stories a man had sex with a monkey and created HIV. Fossil records indicate that all life originated round about the same time.



+9 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
46% of the US has a serious social mental illness.


Translation-


46% of the US is retarded, and I am more intelligent then those 143 million people.


To the rest of you- Evolution is a theory and has NOT been observed, never, ever, ever. It has never been proven, and it is not science.

Debate me, I challenge you. Any claim, any question, any attack- I accept all.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


Creation and evolution are both just theories, based on two completely irreconsiliable sets of evidence. Yet still, just theory.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)


+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The creationist-evolutionist debate is pure silliness.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Only a third of Americans believe in the Theory of Evolution? Or do they mean one third of the 46% believe we evolved with god's guidance?

Yikes, is all I can say.
edit on 5-6-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)


+13 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It is a fact that 1 in 2 adults never reach the final stage of cognitive development. They are incapable of reaching original conclusions. Instead they believe what their trusted institutions tell them. Such institutions include family, government, and church. This is not a belief, but is, unlike some things, empirically supported (that means there is actually evidence). This is a fine example of what is wrong with this nation. Half the population can't even think for themselves.

So.

I wonder which half does the majority of this 46% fall into?


+4 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by HumanCondition
46% of the US has a serious social mental illness.


Translation-


46% of the US is retarded, and I am more intelligent then those 143 million people.


To the rest of you- Evolution is a theory and has NOT been observed, never, ever, ever. It has never been proven, and it is not science.

Debate me, I challenge you. Any claim, any question, any attack- I accept all.
Actually I never said they were unintelligent or retarded.
Evolution is observed everyday and can be seen in your own anatomy.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erectus
It is a fact that 1 in 2 adults never reach the final stage of cognitive development. They are incapable of reaching original conclusions. Instead they believe what their trusted institutions tell them. Such institutions include family, government, and church. This is not a belief, but is, unlike some things, empirically supported (that means there is actually evidence). This is a fine example of what is wrong with this nation. Half the population can't even think for themselves.


I agree with this statement - it's a shame 54% of America still believes in fairytales and clings to their Religion of Evolution.

Poor guys :\



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
Actually I never said they were unintelligent or retarded.

No, no, of course you didn't. They just don't agree with you so they have mental issues.


Evolution is observed everyday and can be seen in your own anatomy.

When you think of Evolution, you are talking about Micro-Evolution, which is simply variation.

When I think of Evolution, I think of 5 things-

Cosmic Evolution, Stellar Evolution, Chemical Evolution, Organic Evolution, and Macro-Evolution.

None of these have been proven true, and just because all six of them (the five above and Micro-Evolution) are all apart of the same theory, does not mean they are all true when you can prove one of them (Micro-Evolution, an OBSERVABLE, TESTABLE, TRUTH).


+5 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte
 

And just because macro-evolution is flawed, the only correct alternative is Christianity? How about Hinduism? The world is not so dichotomous.


+9 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Flawed is a silly word for it. Incomplete is more accurate.

Of course, that is what makes science awesome: It is incomplete and constantly searching for new input. If only the same could be said for the human need for religion?

/dreaming is free, I guess.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Originally posted by HumanCondition
Actually I never said they were unintelligent or retarded.

No, no, of course you didn't. They just don't agree with you so they have mental issues.


Evolution is observed everyday and can be seen in your own anatomy.

When you think of Evolution, you are talking about Micro-Evolution, which is simply variation.

When I think of Evolution, I think of 5 things-

Cosmic Evolution, Stellar Evolution, Chemical Evolution, Organic Evolution, and Macro-Evolution.

None of these have been proven true, and just because all six of them (the five above and Micro-Evolution) are all apart of the same theory, does not mean they are all true when you can prove one of them (Micro-Evolution, an OBSERVABLE, TESTABLE, TRUTH).
Its more the fact that reality, fact and evidence don't agree with them.
Variation due to evolutionary adaption.

Macro and Micro evolution are the same thing and the evidence is there, seeming you are such an expert I shouldn't have to show you.

I don't think you know what you are talking about, go back to bible studies.

Why do you look for evidence when it comes to evolution but not to believe in fiction books?



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tadeusz
reply to post by Lionhearte
 

And just because macro-evolution is flawed, the only correct alternative is Christianity? How about Hinduism? The world is not so dichotomous.
No kidding, fairly easy to see why they have a social mental illness.



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
In 2008-2009, 92% of Americans professed a belief in God. Of those, 76-80% were either Catholic or Protestant. Yet only 46% believe in Creationism?

Some how these numbers aren't adding up.
edit on 6/5/2012 by Klassified because: clarity



posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It seems like everyone on here loves ron paul and the idea of liberty and freedom, but if you hear about someone beleiving in god, that goes out the window, and you all talk about how its dumb to beleive in that stuff. If someone beleives in god, why are you butt hurt. Why does it matter if religion is their freedom.





new topics

top topics



 
30
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join