It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists unlock blood mystery in mummy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Scientists unlock blood mystery in mummy

illustration of this article Vampires and werewolves can step aside because a real life mummy has just taken the spotlight. Scientists recently discovered the oldest blood known to modern science inside a mummy. Ötzi is a 5 000-year-old glacier mummy, discovered accidently by a pair of tourists in the Ötztal Alps on the Austrian-Italian border in 1991. While scientists got a rare glimpse into the life of Ötzi around the time he was alive, many years Before the Common Era (BCE), researchers failed to identify any traces of blood... until now.

Scientists figured out how to analyze 5000 year old red blood cells by using an atomic force microscope. If this type of nanotechnology exists and it's capable to identify a 5000 year old mummy red blood cell, maybe they should use it for something useful like finding cure for cancer for example.

I don't understand what is the point of this discovery. What is so important if this mummy died on the same day as he got injured or a couple of days later.

It just seems like a waste of time, money and technology on something that is irrelevant to the real problems. Cancer is killing more and more people and they get younger and younger.

Anyway, just wanted o share this story.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

they are trying to cure cancer , this mummy is going to tell us more about who we are !! and who knows maybe it holds the cure for cancer !!!!!!

edit on 5-6-2012 by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

i am sure they have other way of "trying to cure cancer " or maybe not ..... but i find this very interesting

I know there are other scientists looking for the cure of cancer. You're right this is very interesting. I'm just saying that with the technology available today, I think there should be less cancer not more. In my opinion.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It's discoveries like that , that help expand the frontiers of science in the first place, while gaining better understanding of mysteries in order to solve them one must spend money etc...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere

they are trying to cure cancer , this mummy is going to tell us more about who we are !! and who knows maybe it holds the cure for cancer !!!!!!

Yes who knows , it can only benefit with a better understanding sir...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

It's discoveries like that , that help expand the frontiers of science in the first place, while gaining better understanding of mysteries in order to solve them one must spend money etc...

I totally agree. I probably should have posted this thread in a rant forum.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

I'ts ok i have done it once or twice myself..
With most of our medicine alo't of the anatomy while studying various animals and genetic makeup of the said subject is beneficial to our understanding of life, death, while broadening our conception of all things on this planet.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I'ts ok i have done it once or twice myself..
With most of our medicine alo't of the anatomy while studying various animals and genetic makeup of the said subject is beneficial to our understanding of life, death, while broadening our conception of all things on this planet.

Do you think this technology could be useful in medicine? Or is it already being used?

edit on 5-6-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Do you think this technology could be useful in medicine? Or is it already being used?

Yes of course..

The benefits of employing an atomic force microscope (AFM) in the characterization of the particulate-type drug-delivery carriers. AFM can provide invaluable information about the physicochemical characteristics of the carriers that play an important role in determining the performance of the drug delivery systems (DDS). A lot of this information cannot be obtained from other characterization techniques due to the unique ability of the AFM to probe nanometer scale features at the molecular level. There has already been a significant amount of work in the development of the DDS and the upcoming of AFM as a powerful characterizing tool provides a new inspiration in this area. This will definitely add to the understanding of the DDS and will influence the future designs of the drug carriers towards the development of better and more efficient DDS.

hope this helps

edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

have a look at royal rife his life in 1933 the press announced that all disease had been cured by his device ,2 dr simoncelli his bakeing soda cure for cancer .or the orgeon energy accumulater the inventer got jailed till he died

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Yes of course..

The benefits of employing an atomic force microscope (AFM) in the characterization of the particulate-type drug-delivery carriers. AFM can provide invaluable information about the physicochemical characteristics of the carriers that play an important role in determining the performance of the drug delivery systems (DDS). A lot of this information cannot be obtained from other characterization techniques due to the unique ability of the AFM to probe nanometer scale features at the molecular level. There has already been a significant amount of work in the development of the DDS and the upcoming of AFM as a powerful characterizing tool provides a new inspiration in this area. This will definitely add to the understanding of the DDS and will influence the future designs of the drug carriers towards the development of better and more efficient DDS.

hope this helps

edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

Very helpful, Thanks.

I definitely posted in the wrong forum. I'm just in one of those moods.
edit on 5-6-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

indeed , i do recall hearing about this , i know that baking soda cures a mean case of heart burn thats for sure

join