It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Bible reflects Reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Firstly, I do not adhere to any dogma or strict philosophy except to keep an open mind and explore, similar to a chaos magician. But, I have either found or made up some thoughts (and some conclusions) about the Bible, and I have an appreciation of it now. Here are some of these. Some are borrowed from Jordan Maxwell (who probably borrowed them from M. Blavatsky or someone else), and some are my own inspired creations.

When I say the Bible reflects reality, I am only stating that certain parts do. I am not saying that there are not very objectionable parts to it. I believe there are; I'm just not covering that here.

My own current thoughts:
The term God and Devil reflect a balance. God is actually evil, and the Devil is actually good. Naming them the opposite reflects the balance that exists in the universe. Things tend to always try to balance out. I call the God entity evil because it does the killing. The Devil I consider good because it was "the most beautiful angel" and only tempted people. Temptations are usually considered good because something we are tempted by must be considered by us to be "good" or else we wouldn't be tempted by it in the first place! But, of course, we usually do not consider the other side of the coin, and that is that "good" things end up doing us badly once time passes. Likewise, "bad" things end up working to our advantage once time passes. Stated differently, temporary pain will lead to something good, and temporary pleasure will lead to enslavement or addiction.

The terms "today" and "tonight" reflect this. TOday as in "TOward the day" must mean that the day isn't day, and that night is. TOnight must mean the night is coming, and thus that it is actually the day. Interesting eh?

I don't believe people should worship either one alone. Perhaps we should worship both sides since they are both necessary for life. If nobody died, we'd be overcrowded eventually soon. If nobody lived, well that's obvious. Perhaps people are afraid to worship evil (e.g., Death) simply because they've been pushed by the religious leaders to fear death, when actually, death is a needed housekeeper. I think everything at some point dies, except for the governing laws of physics, which always remain in place throughout. If what most people consider God is actually anything, in my opinion, it would be the laws of physics. Maybe that's why they say Moses broke the stone tablets ("broke the laws") because he saw something that seemingly violated the laws of physics; only a guess.

Borrowed concepts from Jordan Maxwell (or other):
"The [Sun] walks on water." Yes, it does. Go out into the ocean in a boat, watch the sun set, and you will see the Sun "walking on water."

The "Son of God" is called so because it "isn't my sun; isn't your sun. It must be God's Sun."

The Sun "turns water into wine" by fueling the grape vines that produce grapes that eventually result in wine. They recognized the sun as the source of that reaction.

more of my own beliefs:
I believe they called the sun "Christ" (meaning "the oiled" or "anointed one") because oil can burn and create a flame. The sun was seen as a giant fireball, and thus they figured it was made of oil. (The idea of hydrogen gas burning did not occur to them.)

Is the most powerful entity a woman, since they are "anointed" with more body fat? (Oil also floats above water, thus it is higher.) This image may tell us something:
Gives new meaning to the phrase "Holy Mother of God" for sure!!

The church lied to the people when they said the Earth was at the center because in their commissioned artwork, they show the Sun / Son at the center in The Last Supper. It was intentional and in similar fashion to how Egyptian priests used astronomical data to predict celestial events and keep power over the people through instilling fear into them.

The number 7 is interesting in the way it matches the number of colors in the popular acronym ROYGBIV. (Also interesting is that the G is in the middle.)

edit on 5-6-2012 by daynight42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

The term God and Devil reflect a balance. God is actually evil, and the Devil is actually good. Naming them the opposite reflects the balance that exists in the universe. Things tend to always try to balance out. I call the God entity evil because it does the killing. The Devil I consider good because it was "the most beautiful angel" and only tempted people. Temptations are usually considered good because something we are tempted by must be considered by us to be "good" or else we wouldn't be tempted by it in the first place! But, of course, we usually do not consider the other side of the coin, and that is that "good" things end up doing us badly once time passes. Likewise, "bad" things end up working to our advantage once time passes. Stated differently, temporary pain will lead to something good, and temporary pleasure will lead to enslavement or addiction.

I was going out in the country today (Rural Land) to tune a piano. The house number I was looking for was 3336. I had been there before and remembered what the countryside looked like. I saw 3366 and looked behind the house and it looked like the right house. I pulled up and walked to the porch. I knocked and nobody was home. There were no houses around it. I looked down and there was an Amazon Kindle box left by UPS.

According to your theory, it would have been a good thing for me to be tempted to take the box and even better had I taken it for myself. Is that about right? Of course, it didn't cross my mind except for the thought that someone could take that box if they were not honest. Maybe there was a kid in that house who was patiently waiting on that gift from Grandpa. According to your logic, Grandpa is the Evil one here for giving something away for nothing. Is that about right? Temptation on Grandpa's part would have been to just keep his money for himself. The temptation on my part might have been to take the device since I could get away with it.

The truth of the matter is that this simple example tells the truth of the story. There is a Hermetic Axiom that says, "As above, so below." This means that if you can find an example of something in a lesser matter, it is also true in the greater matter.

With God and with Satan, we have a very clear cut delineation. God gives (Honor, Defend, Preserve, Protect). Satan takes (Steals, Kills and Destroys). That's it. When you talk of the questionable areas of scripture, you are referring to God honoring, defending and protecting those who do the same by love. It does no good to say that God is evil for taking life. He gave the life and he can take the life. Divine justice demands that God act in our best interest. Jesus said, "You must be born again." In other words, you will be born again. The dead live. Death is not a lost life. It is life gained. Removing a person from a Pagan society simply means that a soul has a chance to live again in another state of being and in another time.

Let's use an example. A soul is born into a Pagan family that rapes the child and sacrifices other children to Molech. Would God be doing this soul a favor if it was removed from the land and born again in a better part of the world? God gives life and God takes life. The Divine part of Divine justice means that God is sovereign and can make that decision in our best interest. The entire history of Mankind is of a God that is benevolent, even to the creatures like Satan that fell.

Why do you think we are here on Earth? Is it so mankind can take as much as he can from others and call it good? Is it far better to give instead? The reason we are here on this Earth is to be a witness behind a veil. We are behind the veil so we do not know the details of the contract and legal maneuver that is taking place. This is a trial and we are the disinterested third party that is witness to the crime against us. Satan is the accused and he is also our accuser. As above, so below. Jesus is the advocate and God is the Judge. We are all part of this trial that lasts 5055 years.

Enoch gave the fallen angels a judgment from God of 70 generations (5055 years). In that time, Satan, mankind and Christ would need to show their innocence or guilt. We are all fallen. In the end, who wins the victory? The one who bears fruit of repentance by giving instead of taking. Honoring, defending and preserving instead of stealing, killing and destroying. We choose sides based on our faith and based on our character. Evil takes. Good gives.

When we realize that we are here to make a sacrifice so we can be the witness, we also realize that we might just be among the condemned. Our advocate reaches out across time and space to allow us a chance to redeem ourselves with His assistance. Since we are behind the veil, we do not know which we are. Are we the elect or are we the condemned? We are offered the chance to make that determination ourselves. God will honor, defend and protect those who do the same. He will give salvation to those who believe. He will grant heaven and new life to anyone who choose between good and evil. We can acquit ourselves with accuser behind us and the advocate in front of us leading the way through the wilderness to the promised land. He will part the waters if necessary. He is the Good Shepherd.

God is good and I will defend Him. LINK The Bible is His Word and Christ is the Living Word. It's important to see it correctly by the light of truth.

Isaiah 5:20

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

edit on 5-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

That was an excellent post Ed... er Enoch

Much to think about...

Its really a battle between materialism and spiritualism

edit on 5-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Much to think about...

Thank you. The fruit is always seen by giving or taking. The most improtant thing I have learned in the last few years is this axiom, "As above, so below." It originates with Hermes. The modern version is called Hermeneutics. In the first century, it was Seven Rules of Hillel. These rules originate with Hermes (Hermetically Sealed). Truth is sealed in symbol. It's the only way the mind can see truth. We take a greater case that is complicated, like the one in the OP, and we break it down by context to the lesser case that we can understand in parallel. When we see the reflection, we know that one mirrors the other. The Seven Rules outlines this.

Another easy one to spot is the Golden Rule and the Lead Rule (for lack of another name) of Aliester Crowley.

Aliester Crowley (Freemason) said, ""Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

Jesus said, "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matt 7:12

See how one gives and the other takes in pride? The fruit (What a thought bears) is known by its nature to give or take. The lesser case of all good and evil is Altruism or Objectivism.

With the Bible and God, it's never about what we have done (Good or bad), but always about what has been done for us. The question of belief is one of appreciation for the gift or a pride in walking away and saying no thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Much to think about...

I was just thinking about your last statement. It's so true. Jesus talked of the narrow way. I think he was comparing the new age mindset of spirituality and Theosophy against the other swing of the pendulum. On the other side, we have church dogma. Spiritual is esoteric and dogma is the materialistic side of exoteric belief and idol worship. Do we worship in the extreme of the spirit or do we worship in the extreme of the material? The answer is the narrow way and the place of rest when the pendulum stops moving to one side or the other. Unity is equilibrium. It takes an unbalanced force to get us moving in a new direction. Newton had it right. We use both to gain the entry through the gate with Christ. The wolves are trying to break into the gate another way. There is only one way, with Christ, the Good Shepherd.

John 10

10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It is a reoccurring theme throughout the gospels... i would actually say the "main idea" of his teaching was Materialism vs. Spiritualism.

I also believe the fact that people didn't understand this frustrated Jesus... and even he went to extreme measures to get this point across

As you can see by the following passages...

Luke 14

25 And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,

26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

Mat 10

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Thomas

55 Jesus said, "Whoever does not hate father and mother cannot be my disciple, and whoever does not hate brothers and sisters, and carry the cross as I do, will not be worthy of me."

56 Jesus said, "Whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whoever has discovered a carcass, of that person the world is not worthy."

I think these verses shocked the first people to hear them...

I don't imagine Jesus used the word "Hate" very often... But needed to in this case just to stress the importance of spiritualism

22 Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter the kingdom.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

22 Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter the kingdom.

There's a great point made here that can be compared to so many lesser and greater cases. Where would I begin? Most people make the mistake of finding one meaning in a symbolic passage and stopping on that point. The beauty of symbol and the impressions we get from them is locked in why symbols are universal to a person's soul. Emotion and the impressions we see are colors of a sort. We can all recognize them when we learn to look.

The two becoming one is on many levels. When man and woman become one, a new child is born. This happens when the two find love. Sperm and egg come together. The new child is sheltered behind the veil of the womb. Until birth, the veil is not lifted to see new light. When the soul is born into the womb of the Earth, the veil again covers the next stage. We have hints. We can read the symbols and try to view what is beyond. The point is for two to become one. We are born again when the soul and the Spirit of God find love. The two must become one. We are then born into the Spirit.

When the mind and the body become one, we overcome obstacles. When the concrete literal mind and the abstract rational mind become one, the struggle is over and we transcend both with a new way of thinking. Now. take all the opposites listed above and the flower opens. The few words spoken unfold and we see the wonderful array of florids come out. A bit of information in symbol is a seed that, when planted in the right soil, comes out and bears fruit.

God is amazing!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's the other way around. Reality reflects the Bible. Human consciousness is like a computer: Garbage in, garbage out. That's the way the Cabal planned it. The Bible has worked like a charm for them. The three Abrahamic religions have set back the human race at least 50,000 years.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
None of this applies to me, so to say it reflects reality would be a lie. The way the thread is titeld is implying is applies to everyone, but it doesn't. Don't group me in with psychopathic religious nuts.

As the old saying goes, speak for yourself.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The Bible forms or steers reality. Many of our ways and the structure of our thinking in this world is based on this book. Other great writings have structured societies also. It's all conditioning and conditioning forms realities no matter how we try to deny it. Our will is not free, just free within certain guidelines. These rules have been conditioned into everything we know along with a lot of other crap others are trying to get us to believe. I believe in science somewhat even though half of their crap is lies based on many corrupted basics.

So I can't say that the bible reflects reality, I have to say that reality reflects the bible.

Darn, Simonthemagus got his in while I was writing this. It's about the same.
edit on 5-6-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

I doubt if you realize how much of your personal life has been structured by the bible.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus
It's the other way around. Reality reflects the Bible. Human consciousness is like a computer: Garbage in, garbage out. That's the way the Cabal planned it. The Bible has worked like a charm for them. The three Abrahamic religions have set back the human race at least 50,000 years.

To say that reality reflects the bible is to say that the bible came first. If that's what you believe, fine. It is not my belief, and I believe I stated it properly.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

It would have been a good thing (at first) and then eventually a bad thing. Good that you get a free Kindle. Bad feeling of guilt that would follow. Balanced in the end. Grandpa's giving would be good but it would also spoil the child in proportion to the gift, and slightly cripple the child in terms of him practicing earning the money required to buy his own. (If everything is given to you, you don't learn as much to provide for yourself.) Balanced in the end.

You're operating on the assumption that a soul exists and is reborn. I'm not, so I'm not going to discuss that. I see that you take what the bible says in the more classic way. I have learned it is a waste of time to discuss the bible with people like you. (No offense.)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

To say that reality reflects the bible is to say that the bible came first. If that's what you believe, fine. It is not my belief, and I believe I stated it properly.

Well, what reality are we talking about? 2012, or reality in general? The NT is at least 1600 years old and the OT is up to a thousand years older than that.

Does not the Koran shape reality for the Muslims? The Torah for the Jews?

Each one of them cripples human thought and creativity. They forbid a person from exploring the spirit world, yet they claim to be "spiritual". Just as those who compiled it had in mind.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

It would have been a good thing (at first) and then eventually a bad thing. Good that you get a free Kindle. Bad feeling of guilt that would follow. Balanced in the end. Grandpa's giving would be good but it would also spoil the child in proportion to the gift, and slightly cripple the child in terms of him practicing earning the money required to buy his own. (If everything is given to you, you don't learn as much to provide for yourself.) Balanced in the end.

You're operating on the assumption that a soul exists and is reborn. I'm not, so I'm not going to discuss that. I see that you take what the bible says in the more classic way. I have learned it is a waste of time to discuss the bible with people like you. (No offense.)

None taken. Your answer is rare here on ATS. You actually answered with a context other than, "Nope you idiot, that's not true." I appreciate that. It's refreshing that you can move past the object and speak to the subject.

I understanding your reasoning. You are reaching out to the possibility and potential rather than simply seeing the downside. Let me ask you this: If you smoke, will you get cancer? Obviously. You may have read other threads where I ask this question. I refer to smoking because taking reward causes debt. Like you pointed out, stealing brings guilt. The debt is not only yours, but the debt would also belong to the person that lost the Kindle. By saying that Grandpa was spoiling the child, we are not sure of this circumstance. By saying that, we become the judge. You are also correct in pointing out the value of working for what we receive.

In the logic of stealing vs earning, the obvious answer for the thief is the same used for the child. Earning reward is a positive. Giving is also a positive, as the work to earn the product was honestly gained. This is something that I have outlined on ATS many times. Let me outline it here again.

If a person takes reward that was not earned, a debt is created as suffering. Smoke and you get cancer. Take a Kindle and the debt is yours and the person's you took from. On the other hand, suffering forward toward a reward is the proper way to go about attaining reward. Work at a job and receive a paycheck. In the case of the Kindle, Grandpa suffered the work for the child who has no job. A gift is still reward that started with suffering.

All rewards that are not earned by suffering will cause a debt. Give me one example that breaks this rule. In your defense and by your logic, suffering always causes a reward. In the end, it's all suffering toward a better outcome. Otherwise, evil would not have a place in the world. Does this make Evil good? No. It just makes it necessary for free will. In the end, the point is to give and find out why you should. Love is the answer. Anything short of this is still darkness. The end of this road is where God starts us out. It's a question and He already knows the answer.

Will you remain a thief or will you repent? By you, I mean me too. We are all in this together.

There were two thieves on the cross. One repented and the other blamed Christ for the problem. Who was correct? What was Christ giving? What did he ever take?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

I realize now that we're talking about different things.

What I'm saying is that certain aspects of the bible was written to reflect nature and the world around us.

You're saying religious texts shapes people's worlds. I agree with you, but for my thread here, I'm saying that when the bible was written, it was based on what people saw around them. People today interpret the bible in completely the "wrong" way. They don't understand or know what the real basis for what is being said.

I think we agree with each other. We just weren't clear on what the other meant.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The word Christ points directly to reality.
Christ is not the surname of Jesus, Christ was the message that Jesus delivered.
Christ means consciousness.
The narrow path is now. Forget the wide path of time with it's past and future. The narrow path is what Jesus points to. This moment is God.
Time is of the mental realm, time is imagination. And when you place yourself in time you split yourself, you make yourself two. When the two become one, when you forget about yourself in time and only know now, it is one.
Come to this moment and know Gods paradise.
Or live in time and know Hell.

The bible is trying to show you the only real. The truth shall set you free.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Before the bible, reality was very different. Most of what we perceive of good and bad is from the writings that are contained in the bible. It is important to note that what is contained in the ten commandments is from earlier writings also but the bible became a powerful influence in the world.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The bible is good for use as "firewood" in a fireplace.

Thats all the good that you will get from that fictional MAN-MADE book of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

The Bible is a history book. There are many more ancient writings that still have pertinence in today's society also. A lot of the greed and desire for power is exampled in the bible. These things haven't changed in society since the time the bible was written. Look around you, how much corruption do you see out there. If you are part of the corruption than you will see none, all you will see is normal everyday stuff. There is no reason we should fear others trying to steal what we have earned. We are supposed to be above that animal like trait. We even have to worry about someone hacking our accounts and stealing our money electronically. Living on the edge in the rat race is not necessary if we get rid of those perpetuating these actions. We need to change the laws to include more deceitful practices as criminal activities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join