It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton out of control on 2012 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
story from Politico
By ROGER SIMON | 6/5/12

Bill Clinton out of control on 2012

It does seem like former president Bill Clinton has been talking it up for the other side lately.

The question is Why ?

I bet he want's a Republican president elected in 2012.

WHY ?

Obama as president until 2016 could for all practical purposes Guarantee a Republican victory in 2016.

A Republican victory in 2012 makes a better chance for a Democrat victory in 2016 In Bill Clinton's mind at least !!

He is attempting to set up a "Hillary for President" campaign.

Nancy Pelosi has also been yakking about the same thing recently.

Bill is even supporting extending the "Bush Tax Cuts" by name.
If he was on Obama's side, he would refer to the "Bush Tax Cuts" in a different way and somehow give Obama a new name for the "Bush Tax Cuts"

Bill Clinton says the U.S. is already in a new recession !!!!!!!!

The Politico view

Bill Clinton has to be the smartest guy in the room even when he’s not in the room.

Clinton is not on Barack Obama’s campaign staff, is not a trusted adviser, does not set Obama’s strategy.

But Bill Clinton is pretty good at sabotaging Obama’s strategy.

He did so last week when he went on television and said Mitt Romney had a “sterling” record while running Bain Capital.

The Obama message is exactly the opposite. The Obama campaign had just run a TV ad claiming that working Americans had been harmed by Bain Capital and included one man saying Bain had been a “vampire” that “sucked the blood out of us.”................

Related:

CNBC veiws

Former President Bill Clinton told CNBC Tuesday that the US economy already is in a recession and urged Congress to extend all the tax cuts due to expire at the end of the year.

In a taped interview aired on "Closing Bell," the still-popular 42nd president called the current economic conditions a "recession" [cnbc explains] and said overzealous Republican plans to cut the deficit threaten to plunge the country further into the debt abyss.

"What I think we need to do is find some way to avoid the fiscal cliff, to avoid doing anything that would contract the economy now, and then deal with what's necessary in the long term debt-reduction plans as soon as they can, which presumably would be after the election," Clinton said.

US Already in 'Recession,' Extend Tax Cuts: Bill Clinton

Video:
Clinton Slams Obama: 'I’m the Only Guy Who Gave You Four Surplus Budgets'

Another possible Clinton wild angle:
Remember this comment from Hillary in 2008 ?

(YouTube Caption)

Olberman: Special Comment On Hillary's Assassination Remark (2008)

Hillary Clinton today brought up the assassination of Sen. Robert Kennedy while defending her decision to stay in the race against Barack Obama.

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.

Obama's camp immediately fired back.

"Sen. Clinton's statement before the Argus Leader editorial board was unfortunate and has no place in this campaign," Obama campaign spokesman said in a statement.

Clinton made her comments at a meeting with the Sioux Falls Argus-Leader's editorial board while campaigning in South Dakota, where she complained that, "People have been trying to push me out of this ever since Iowa."

Obama, the first African-American to advance so far in the race for the White House, has faced threats, sources have said.

Robert Kennedy, the younger brother of President John F. Kennedy, was gunned down in 1968 after winning the California primary. He had been a hero on the left for his civil rights agenda and calls to end the war in Vietnam.

Barack Obama, who leads Clinton by nearly 200 delegates and has already secured a majority of pledged delegates, has been the subject of threats. Early in the campaign, the Secret Service gave him a security detail at the request of Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Illinois).

Clinton criticized an "urgency" to end the campaign prematurely, saying, "Historically, that makes no sense."

She later issued an apology for the remark.

"I regret that if my referencing that moment of trauma for our entire nation and in particular the Kennedy family was in any way offensive. I certainly had no intention of that whatsoever," the former first lady said.

Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson defended the comments to The Post, "She was talking about the length of the race and using the '68 election as an example of how long the races in the past have gone -- she used her husband's race in the same vein."

Wild !!!

Again from 2008 ---- NOT recently

Hardball Round Table Struggle w/Hillary's Assassination Talk

edit on Jun-05-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Jun-05-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yea, something is in the works for sure! I just do not like the Clintons......Just google "Clinton Body Count" or "Clinton Death List". Too many coincidences for me to call it a conspiracy theory.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Its not like he has a track record of surrounding himself with winners.

Hillary Clinton - As Sec. of State she has helped to push a anti American agenda in favor of advocating to the
internation and globalist authority.

Eric Holder - Gun running, voter fraud, suing states for immagration. Holder should be in jail.

Janet Napalatano - Called returning vets possible terrorist, head of HLS push for more power and gun control.

Rev. Wright - Extreme anti American and anti white preacher.

Bill Ayers - Former terrorist

And on and on. I think Clinton may be making a political move for Hillary 2016 but I also dont think he has any faith in Obama.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Slick Willy never liked Obummer in the 1st place.
I don't care for the Clintons, but I think Hillary, or my cat for that matter, could do a better job than Obama.
Obama serves the same people that the Clintons and Bushes do. He just isn't quite as good at it.
Romney also serves those interests and would likely do a better job of it.

As for me, Im definitely supportive of the Bush Tax cuts, because unlike most robots who parrot what they read on a website or in a newspaper/magazine, I've actually looked into it. At a modest mid-level income, ending those tax cuts would hurt me at a time when I really don't need it anymore.
So a few provisions allow rich people to keep more of their money? Not only is that ok, but kudos to them for it.

Romney might stave off the collapse for a few years (as opposed to Obama who will get that done really soon), but in the long run, his policies will be the same as BO, BC, W, HW, etc.

By the time most people realize we need to stop endless spending, government dependency and a culture of enabling irresponsibility, it will be too late...
edit on 5-6-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The telling thing is the title of the article -using the term "out of control."

This is how far things have deteriorated. Any comments made that are not 100% aligned with the Party line are deemed "out of control." Who is the implied controller? Obama? TPTB?

Maybe Clinton was just being candid in his belief that Romney has a solid business record.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant

By the time most people realize we need to stop endless spending, government dependency and a culture of enabling irresponsibility, it will be too late...
edit on 5-6-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

I could not have said it better myself. At one point and time I would have considered myself a republican, but I have realized that it is all the same. None of them work for us anymore.

new topics

top topics

join