It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

know your limits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
raise an animal or a bird in a cage and it believes that is its position in life. if a bird is born in captivity and kept in a cage it does not realise it can fly around the planet if it left the cage.

the bird might be let out when the cage is being cleaned. let fly around the room. but the bird will not leave. It will wait to get back into its cage. its safe in its little cage.

keep its in its cage and tell it that that is where it must stay. train it. brainwash it. convince it that it cannot fly. it cannot explore the whole universe. brainwash and teach it that gravity prevents it from exploration. convince it that it is incapable of anything without assistance, without technology.

barricade yourself behind four walls and a roof. do not leave. you will be safe there most of the time.

you cannot fly.
its not possible.
you cannot leave this planet until you die.
to think otherwise would be insane.

edit on 5-6-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You really need to clarify your point here.

Are you being serious? Sarcastic? Rhetorical? Was that post an analogy for something or are you just trying to get peoples' goat up?

I'm betting it's the last of those options and I hope it gets people talking about it. They need to. They need to expand their boundaries.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

i am sorry.

edit on 5-6-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Lots of birds fly away! It is those who return to which Love is denoted!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

And I can't think of a better position to be in life than being the one the bird chooses to train it to come out of it's cage. What better way to spend a part of your life, or even the rest of your life, than helping a once-caged bird live life to it's fullest? A life that will have love in it? That bird has spent its life putting trust in its handlers to treat it well and they re-pay it by lying to it about what life is. Or at the very least, slapping their projections, their hang-ups, about life, onto that bird. Talk about a reason to have trust issues. I can relate.

It also says something about the person the bird puts her faith into. Maybe there's a part of him that's still caged as well and, by letting her be free, he's setting a part of him free as well. It would be a labor of love for both of them.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The body has its limit but the mind has not limit.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

i'm not sure this is the case.

you may have convinced yourself this is true or maybe because of what you have been told.

you have been trained from birth to accept your limits.

go back to the start.

start small.

you don't need lightswitches to turn on and off lights. try it.

the trick is not to try too hard.

when you need a light on in a room just give it a moment to come on itself. expect it to light up. for while this will not work. you will have douts. give it a few weeks and one day when you need the light on , you won't have to reach for the switch. it will happen automatically. and then you will laugh.

enjoy.

top topics

join