It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car manufacturers to 'monitor' drivers behaviour to set personal CO2 tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just browsing the car magazine 'Autocar' website and there is an article which suggests that the EU is going to review how they're going to charge people for emissions tax; presumably because everyone now has a hybrid and they're not paying as much tax!

Car manufacturers are calling on the EU to review how they tax people based on individual driving behaviour i.e. if you put your foot down then you'll be in for a large carbon based bill!

What worries me is how exactly they are planning to enforce this, I have seen the threads hinting at black boxes which were cited from infowars but this is from a relatively credible car magazine and hints at the same thing. There's been little comment on it from looking at the article, no-one seems to care at all!

This is a huge violation of privacy and we need to oppose this at all costs; this madness is completely out of control!

www.autocar.co.uk...

What next... RFID under the skin!?!

edit on 5-6-2012 by lioninthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is why im moving towards building/rebuilding my own cars. Infact my ford f250 will run after an emp attack hahaha.... Cars are interesting to work on and here in michigan they just let us do whatever we want. They try to charge sales tax if you build your own car though wtf....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
No, RFID in your car tyres!!! Happening now.

I remember when they conned many road users to get a diesel car, once most had done so they pushed the price of diesel up to the same as petrol. And your right, now that people have got hybrids they'll hit them with an accelerater linked tax. Put your foot down and you pay.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To the OP, your post sounds like dissent.

You may need to be reprogrammed.

Don't you know that The Party always knows best, and everything they do is for our own good?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1

Don't you know that The Party always knows best, and everything they do is for our own good?

HAHAHA

In all seriousness though, this is ridiculous. Anything for their tax money, right?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Ha! I was one of those to get a diesel car, it's an absolute con in more ways than one since a diesel car costs more than the petrol equivalent in the showroom, now the costs of running the damn thing are almost the same!

Seriously though, it's going to be drip fed to people little by little. They'll incentivise the reason to use personalised carbon taxes with a reduction of cost initially at a cost to everyone's privacy but people won't care, just as long as they get a couple of quid off... At what point will the people say NO MORE?

RFID's in tyres, presumably for road tolls and car parking? The government are already talking about privatising the roads!

I can see it now... "Cyberdyne has detected that you are wasting resources and the police state has assessed your bank account and approximated a fine based on your income of £500, press here to pay now and to reactivate vehicle".

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1

No doubt I'll be "selected" to attend one of those re-education camps when they become cool enough in the US for the UK to get involved!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Private roads are awesome. Ohio sold their turnpike and the turnpike owners raised the speed limit to 70 for all vehicles. So now theres 80,000lb trucks barreling down the turnpike at 75 to 80mph. The state is not happy but lol..

Indiana sold their turnpike. They decided to make up for lost toll revenue by setting up fake construction zones with speed traps. Its totally unfair to expect someone doing 70 to slam their brakes to 45. Theyll literally have the warning sign 20 feet before the speed limit sign. Hell they pulled me over for doing 5 over one time. Ever. onsider that maybe its more important to have my eyes on the road then the speedometer? Wtf?

I got a 25 dollar seatbelt ticket in indiana once lol wtf....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I knew eventually the war on energy would come to vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to tax you more or charge more for registration based on the engine in your car / truck. They can't restrict the quantity of gas you buy but they sure will manage to hit you in other places.

My lawn equipment didn't even run right when i purchased it because the new EPA carbs are set to run so lean that if you dare get into the throttle it would cutoff. I had to remove the jet valve screws and notch them with a dremel so i could back them out and let more gas in. They ran beautiful after that, especially the two strokes because they had more oil passing into the cylinder. Two cycle engines also last longer with more oil, which i also believe is another point they tried to cover. Run the engines lean from the factory and they wont last as long, so people have to buy more, throw away the old, stimulate the economy...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yeah i have a 95 emissions motorcycle. Its a suzuki katana 600. Really how much damn emissions is a half liter engine gonna put out? I rejetted it and put air filter pods on it....hahaha.....
quite a bit more torque now...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Data recorders have been in autos for quite some time now:

An event data recorder or EDR is a device installed in some automobiles to record information related to vehicle crashes or accidents. In modern diesel trucks, EDRs are triggered by electronically sensed problems in the engine (often called faults), or a sudden change in wheel speed. One or more of these conditions may occur because of an accident. Information from these devices can be collected after a crash and analyzed to help determine what the vehicles were doing before, during and after the crash or event. The term generally refers to a simple, tamper-proof, read-write memory device, similar to the "black box" found on airplanes (as opposed to the tape recorders and video cameras common in police vehicles and many commercial trucks).

Event data recorder

If you think that the information recorded is restricted to crash data, I have some prime Arizona beachfront property at a great price. When. While inspections are done now, the inspection center plugs in to a jack under the dash and reads engine performance data and generates a report.

I wonder when they will stop passing old cars, that is vehicles too old to ha e computers in them? That's when we wil have issues. Or they will require a "monitoring system" to be installed in order to ensure "safety compliance" or some such horse hockey...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

You should see my strimmer...well if you could see it through the blue smoke. Loads of oil, who cares if the plug soots up, cheaper to clean the plug than by a new strimmer

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is why I'm going to keep putting money into my '98 K2500 Silverado and keep it on the road as long as I can, to hell with buying new vehicles.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
One way or the other they'll get you
It has been in the pipelines for a long time but the idea was shot down and or the rate was reduced in many countries.

CARBON_TAX

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
This is why im moving towards building/rebuilding my own cars. Infact my ford f250 will run after an emp attack hahaha....

Ironically, you also won't get very far with that fuel hog

Unless of course, it had extra size fuel tanks. But still an issue if fuel becomes scarce..

Anyway, you really sure it's true EMP-proof??

In a nutshell, any 'EMP-soft' equipment must not have ANY electrical cables running in our out the 'cage' only fiber optics allowed. Power is provided via onboard generator inside the cage and which is driven mechanically. Surge protection won't protect, especially against nuke emp

top topics

join