It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "2012" Conversation With Your Friends & Family!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
For all the 2012 believers out there (and of course the sceptics on the topic like myself), how successful have you guys been in establishing any kind of discussion regarding December 21st 2012? Have you been ridiculed and laughed out the door when even mentioning the many possible theories, have you convinced someone who didn't previously have a clue, or have you learnt something new when talking about the fateful date?

It always strikes me at how wide-spread the idea of 21/12/2012 is deeply routed in almost everybody's minds, even those who have absolutely no interest in conspiracy related topics....everybody seems to know about it!

A debate I was involved in earlier today was around pregnancy and how the young children in our family, and unborn children could be effected by the 'supposed' doomsday and the topic arose from there.

I think this subject is one that a lot of us like to ponder a lot from within without really mentioning anything about it and it's kind of strange to hear the opinions of the average Joe, instead of researched opinions such as you and me on ATS. A lot of people I talk to about it usually seek my honest opinion on what I think is going to happen, but as yet have still to decide on an ultimate theory (possibly accession related?).

As many suggest, the easiest form of attacking something they fear is to ridicule it (and tear the idea to shreds!)

So, what kind of topics have you been involved in and have you learnt anything new from people with an un-researched opinion?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As a skeptic (like yourself), there is no need for me to inform them of anything.
I strongly doubt anything will happen at all. The extent of my conversations have been to my youngest child explaining how the media uses this as a means to make money off of people's fears. If movies can make money off of an idea, they will, but again it's as likely as y2k was, or any other date related prophesy.

So, no, I feel no need to discuss 2012 with people because at best you'll sound nuts bringing it up.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm a complete believer in 2012, and I've told many people about it.

Yes, some people have said, "We'll have to see what happens," not really believing, but others have believed.

My mom is a complete believer in 2012, which is pretty awesome because we have many conversations about it!

Along the way I learned about the Three Days of Darkness, the Galactic Alignment, and many other things. I've been very fortunate to learn as much as I have.

But either way, whether it happens or not...which I believe it will, given what's happening around the world, it will come, and I, along with many others await it with an eager heart!

Follow the Light,

~Quyll
edit on 5-6-2012 by Quyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Most conversations about the topic I have with people tend to start with the movie.

Someone will mention an over-the-top action scene in the movie, and eventually the conversation leads to "could any of this actually happen". Most of my friends and co-workers are rather well educated so the conversation doesn't really extend too far from that.

Most of my family is religious, so they don't take any stock in it, either.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
My Mother in Law believes in the 2012 stuff and will tell anyone who gives her the opportunity how the world is going to end. I have told her that if she brings it up around my young daughter again, we will not come to visit until 2013.

I am not a believer at all. I think we are making a mess of this world, I think Fukashima is a huge threat to our health and I do not believe much the government says; but I think 100 years from now there will be new things to worry about just like 100 years ago there were old things to worry about.

People who talk about the end of the world around young kids and teens don't realize how much harm they are doing. I grew up a teenager during the cold war and I lived in constant fear of a nuclear bomb going off. I do not want that for this generation.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Many of the people I talk to feel it to be more of a change comming than the end of the world. Not necessarily for the good. Alot of people can sense something comming they just dont know what it is. I have to admit that it has brought me to spend more time learning about my world. Everything from politics to money and enviroment. I personally think this has been a good thing in that aspect.

As for what will happen. I guess thats left to be seen.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well, the possibility of things happening is increasing so stocking up supplies for a few months is kind of accepted easily around here by many people. Anything more than a few months disruption and we are almost all in the same boat. That will make it so there aren't many cannibals around here for a while anyway. Our country has some reserves and people have old farms here to start growing things. There are deer for food but I believe they will be hunted out within three months. Most people here have guns. I don't foresee any big problems here unless it turns into a long term event. Talking it over with friends and family, no problem. Most people my age or older remember the sixties with storing foods because of the cold war and worries about nuclear war. This is just a reinstatement of the preparedness that people once had. When I found that our nations emergency foodstores were very low I started to collect a little food. All my prepping is founded on real research knowledge not crazy paranoia. It's actually sort of fun and exiting and cheap with this new hobby.

If our nations foodstores are upped to adequate levels I will use my food leaving two weeks supply instead of a months supply. Normally everyone stocked up a couple weeks or more of food in the past. People nowadays who don't have some food reserves are nuts, they have made up a false sense of security in their mind. There has never been a time in mans history where there was not a need for foodstores. The countries reserves have not got better than it was in the sixties, it's gotten worse. FEMA would take a couple of weeks to get food up here if needed.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
As minettejo stated, i too grew up with the cold war fears. I HATED feeling that way as a kid.
Those fears were pretty deep rooted as I grew up and made me interested in CTs. It also was a role player in my mentality to keep a stock of food in the pantry. There is so much out there that can be a problem to the food supply, that worrying about fantasies seems pointless.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
In my extended family we are prepared on a basic level. We have a small emergency supply and a central meeting point incase the tshf. We don't necessarily believe in the Dec 21, 2012 theories... however we feel that in times like today its best to be somewhat prepared for any siuation that may arise.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
the hobbits coming out !!!!

12/21/12 !!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't see a lot of difference between the 2012 end of the world scenario and the biblical version of Armageddon.

One is New Age dogma and the other is a fundamentalist scare tactic to get you to join their religion and save your soul from damnation.

I have more immediate concerns that I'd rather talk about with my family and contemporaries...like who's turn is it to buy the next round.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
When i started my research of 2012 it began with the Mayans and the calendar they created supposedly coming to an end of a timeline. the Mayans do not state an end of "THE" world just an end to THIS world as we know it. And that is a very short overview if the explanation. Now this 2012 stuff is nothing like Y2K. It is backed with thousands of years of prophetic history.That is where one should choose to dismiss the claims,. not compare it to Y2K.
Why do the Pyramids have Dec 21 2012 information with in them,? ASK Scott Creighton. a ATS member
Why does the Timewave Zero Novelty become Zero at the end of 2012?
Why does the I Ching not tell the future after 2012?
Why did the Web Bot not predict any events after 2012?
Why do Remote Viewers see an Event in an Ocean at the end of 2012
Why do the Hopi Indians also see a great change for this timeline

On a different disaster front,. Who is to say that Japans #4 cooling pool wont melt down and cause an event of catastrophic nature to the human population , leading to validity to the "end" of our time here.

Also Our sun is entering its solar Max giving a Very serious potential for a solar flar that could shut our power grids down for weeks to a year,. Just think about no power for a few months.. many people would die.

Just food for thought. 2012 should not be dismissed as nothing

edit on 5-6-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
We've come to a point that makes us vulnerable to ourselves. We're destroying our environment, morals are declining, our capitalistic conditioning has gone overboard, and our phones and phone service are more important than having a little food in the pantry. Governments all over the world have let their food reserves diminish, the stock market is fragile, many people are in debt way over their head including the government. Everything could fall apart easily with a few disasters. Our food contains less and less nutrients in a bio-available way, this means many are starving even though they eat enough. People pride skinny above healthy having little body reserves of nutrients and fats. Although none of this is new it is increasing. I compare our countries citizens inability to see this to our increase in cancer. People are blinded to the origin of cancer thinking they have not caused the weakening of their bodies. The food suppliers can dangle that poison carrot in front of your nose but you don't have to eat it. Society can dangle lies and credit in front of our nose but we don't have to accept it. We are being poisoned in more than one way.

If there weren't so many things lining up like the lines on Black Friday I would not be concerned at all. Maybe nothing will happen and maybe it will. I don't put a date on things getting bad, it could happen any day. I can't see how someone long ago could have predicted the collapse of an economy but stranger things have happened in my life. I guess we have to wait and see. If enough people believe things are going to collapse they will because Economies are based on faith. I can't see the faith in the way things are going lasting much longer. So I have a little extra food in reserve, no big deal.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

While I respect your beliefs behind your evidence, I personally do not weigh that evidence as proof.
I cannot answer why these points show nothing beyond, but to give them validity, you would have to believe them all as legitimate. I was on the fence over these things for a long time and just see it all as anecdotal now.

My comparison of y2k was a comparison of hype generated fear that fell apart after the event passes.
It concerns me that so much is invested in 2012 that if it passes without incident, there will be mass depression and financial ruin for those who thought they were doomed and just walked away from everything stable in life.

Would you personally be depressed or overjoyed to be wrong in this belief?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Would you personally be depressed or overjoyed to be wrong in this belief?

Well, as it is something that i have been watching unfold over the last 20 years,.
I tend to have an attachment to the 2012 "hype" if you will.
Personally, I am sick of watching the corruption and distasteful nature of the human
existence that has become of our world, and actually do hope for a change on a grand scale.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thank you for such an honest answer.
I too would welcome a big change, but I'd hate it to be at the expense of so many lives lost.
With my luck, it would be my area that gets wiped off the map first.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
As I have stated before. I will buy you a drink on December 22nd, 2012. Nothing (out of the ordinary) is going to happen. And while nothing happens, we have to realize that nothing happening is in fact, something happening.

There will be no huge awakening (sorry but people are lazy and resistant to change). The type of awakening that is supposed to happen has to start at a societal psychological level. Meaning that society, "as a whole" needs to change their way of thinking in order to correct any "odd" or "frowned upon" behavior. Any other change will not be the result of free-will.

On the physical front, there will be no sudden shift in the Earth's geological poles and there will most certainly be no rogue planet plummeting through the inner-solar system.

Now, let's speak upon the realm of what is possible (although highly unlikely).

Could there be a massive solar storm that causes mass power outages, sure. That is definitely within the realm of possibility.

Could belief in the end of the world, inexplicably cause the end of humanity. Most definitely, you know mind over matter and all that. If you believe in something, you can manifest that something.

However, I for one will simply end with this. I will buy you a drink on December 22nd, 2012.

-saige-

top topics

join