It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If evolution is not proven, why do we share 96% of our genetics with monkey?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes, we do share at least 98% of our DNA with monkeys.

When you find out your doctor is a Creationist, back out of his office quickly. It means that he does not appreciate the significance and relevance of drug/medical experiments with simians.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The the theory hasn't been debunked in over 150 years and we are actively applying it in modern medicine. Imo that counts as "proven"

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Because (if we were genetically modified [like it seems, for otherwise all monkeys would be evolved by now, including the reptiles and horses]) our creator needed a matrix, a base to then add their modifications. And monkeys were the most humanoid-looking thing on Earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart

Because (if we were genetically modified [like it seems, for otherwise all monkeys would be evolved by now, including the reptiles and horses]) our creator needed a matrix, a base to then add their modifications. And monkeys were the most humanoid-looking thing on Earth.

Monkeys are evolved, just like reptiles and horses

FYI, we didn't evolve from monkeys, we share a common ancestor!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

edit on 6-6-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCelestialHuman

I think it's about time humans accept their lowly origins and stop being so conceited, believing that the entire universe was created with them in mind. Most people have no idea how unimportant they are.

Great... another person thinking that we are lowly in origins and only animal... Did you know that it is exactly what the "scientifics" and the Zionists wants us to believe? Compared to other animals, we can do remote-viewing, telekinesis, love and compassion, technology, etc,; do you need more evidence that we're not animals?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart

I think it's about time humans accept their lowly origins and stop being so conceited, believing that the entire universe was created with them in mind. Most people have no idea how unimportant they are.

Great... another person thinking that we are lowly in origins and only animal... Did you know that it is exactly what the "scientifics" and the Zionists wants us to believe? Compared to other animals, we can do remote-viewing, telekinesis, love and compassion, technology, etc,; do you need more evidence that we're not animals?

Well, biologically we are

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Wathever you say, monkeyman.
I personally know that National Gepgraphics is a biased source that is not devoted to science but to "entertainment". I personally know that NASA fired a guy because this guy was searching evidences of Intelligent Desing. I personally know that Darwin was Illuminati and that his theory were used as a weapon by the Illuminati to bring religion to extinction (Antichrist).
I personnaly see a lot of reasons confirming, but also disproving, evolution. For instance: how come are there monkeys if monkeys evolved to human beings millions of years ago?
Engeneering. Engineering is the answer.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yes. Biologically, we are no plants, that's obvious. No rocks either. We are the most destructive, advanced, loving animal specie on Earth (well, assuming aliens don't exists).

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

For instance: how come are there monkeys if monkeys evolved to human beings millions of years ago?

If that's your understanding of evolution no wonder you don't believe in it

We didn't evolve from monkeys, we share a common ancestor with them. MASSIVE difference!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yes. Biologically, we are no plants, that's obvious. No rocks either. We are the most destructive, advanced, loving animal specie on Earth (well, assuming aliens don't exists).

And a couple million years ago dinosaurs would have said the same thing

The funny thing is, we're STILL evolving...and in a million years people will look at today's humans like we look at Neanderthals.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well, didn't the theory of evolution states that we evolved from monkeys?
Believe me, I don't think creationism is the answer. I believe that someone (aliens??) decided to kick the things up and added something to existing monkeys to create us.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Well, didn't the theory of evolution states that we evolved from monkeys?

No, it doesn't.

Believe me, I don't think creationism is the answer. I believe that someone (aliens??) decided to kick the things up and added something to existing monkeys to create us.

1) We didn't evolve from monkeys, we share a common ancestor with them.
2) What's our objective evidence for your claims?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well, bears and raccoons share a common ancestor. How come they are no advanced, humanoid species of them on Earth? Why did only US (us as "you and me", not us as "United States"
) have all that technology right now?
How come are we the ONLY specie on the whole Earth who is asking evolution questions right now?
edit on 6-6-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Because evolution is not goal orientated. Do not make the (all too common) mistake of believing that human level intelligence is the target. There is not a target beyond adaption to the ecological niche and survival.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

It is not a target, but intelligence is nevertheless a stage that we, and apparently only we, achieved.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Originally posted by onthedownlow

Originally posted by Barcs
Evolution as a process is a proven fact.

Humm? Is evolution a fact, or is de-evolution? Ooops! Evolution is merely a theory that has not been disproven. Instead of using double standards in the applications of qualifiers, apply them equally to all. By your standard, Creation and ID are facts as well.

Oops! Somebody hasn't read even the bare minimum about evolution, yet thinks they know more than a scientist about it. Creation and ID are guesses. Evolution is a fact, already explained it. Do some reading on the subject. A theory in science is a compilation of facts that explain HOW something works. If you can prove that genetic mutations don't happen or that natural selection is false, you MIGHT have a case, but alas that is not possible, because you can observe evolution in every single creature on earth.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

Creation, nor Intelligent Design, are guesses, and we observe them everyday. Natural selection is a fallacy, and there is evidence of that, especially within the human race. To suggest that mutation is a process because it happens with limited consitancy, is rediculous, and it further disproves natural selection. You question My understanding, but the fact is that I have listed a scientific theory that has far more qualifiers than the one you have propped up. You need to open your mind, evolution has failed you. Edit**- Obviously, natural selection occurs, to suggest that it has caused hundreds of thousands of species to come into existence from one original species is off kilter. To use a brown moth to suggest that evolution occured seems misguided- the moths did not evolve, only a particular color was less visible to its natural predators, so they survived- If I pull the weeds in my backyard, has the grass evolved? We assume that the brown moth flourished by its own design, but if the selection was its predators choice, wouldn't that prove creation?
edit on 6-6-2012 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2012 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

Exactly.
How does evolution explain blond hair? How does it explain the delicate bright colours of the butterfly's wings? How does it explain why we walk instead of all jump like kangaroos?
A star for you.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by MrXYZ

Well, bears and raccoons share a common ancestor. How come they are no advanced, humanoid species of them on Earth? Why did only US (us as "you and me", not us as "United States"
) have all that technology right now?
How come are we the ONLY specie on the whole Earth who is asking evolution questions right now?

Because we are the smartest.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
double post.
edit on 6-6-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join