It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

science is crap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
par·a·noi·a is often used as a word in conjunction with mentall illness, its also used to discredit people and put doubt in them by couaseing paranoia in other individuals in relation to the individual. As theres no proof that the individual has no evidence. Even in psychology what they determine as evidence can be the same thing as what the other individual has in terms of evidence showing the other individual is wrong. Its and interesting thing as all this paranoia talk regarding to me is a huge perception trap.

All they mean and are saying is that there wrong, and all there saying is there dumb. Because its one of two things troll or schizophrenic, when the individual most llikley suffers from a "similar to voice hearing " depression disorder. And this shows that there merely altering perception. I have a problem to with being illiterate and these guys use this agents me. to be honest all this is about is literacy and understanding definitions im being attacked where i wasn't given appropriate education.

These things are rediculas as theres no proof saying anything i say isent true. why would people just keep posting doubt to everything? then claim im doing the same? its like dealing with high schoolers.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
All that stuff has to do with psychology not with science

Psychology has something to do with science but not much

Are you gonna tell me this is all crap?
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Astronomy and way more

Definition of science from dictionary,

''a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws''

''systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observation and experimentation. ''
edit on 5-6-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You have managed to thoroughly confuse me with your posts today.

Reading your stuff induces mind wandering ADD symptoms, which makes it difficult to understand WTH you are trying to say. I'm going to take a nap now.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Psychology is the study of the mind, occurring partly via the study of behavior.[1][2] Grounded in scientific method,[1][2] psychology has the immediate goal of understanding individuals and groups by both establishing general principles and researching specific cases,[3][4] and for many it ultimately aims to benefit society.

Emphasis mine. Source

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jauk3

Pretty sure that psychology is science.

Science is roughly stated as the study of the environment around you. Hence EVERYTHING!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Ok, like I just said in my above post, it has something to do with science, but saying science is crap is pretty ignorant.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
im just being gunned down when this one isent that off and everyone else is throwing me into a way off perception.
Yes we all need drugs its the answer. And if my perception is different from everyone else's obviously im the delusional one, but in terms of psychology using this in treatment to someone whos right is damaging. Because they dream of a world where everyone is right and nothing is solved but this singular goal. and ya im aware of the rant nature of these explanations. Some of this comment may even be sarcasm. Its like dealing with highschoolers. and people like to argue, im not one of them, im diffrent its conditional and circumstantial that determines when i argue, however the problem is theres and effect with the dicrediting and in this case its harmful becouase it plays off my commen normal pychology in corrolation to many other people who share the patterns that are not ill. all this does is gets me to keep righting making me look more ill then i am. No im not of great importance but theres record now of claims agenst various people who can be found withought names if something big ever happense or of signififcants that can make them more suspicious.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by floorplans

I will admit to having almost zero (sounds good doesn't it!
) experience with psychologists but I guess some could be of the "fill you full of meds and ask you how you feel about "that"" (that being the problem area in one's life) type. From what I've seen with people and pills, it's not usually a temporary thing which is a strange aim to have as a Doctor. "Swallow this for the rest of your life".
edit on 5/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
and why do i have to recive high ionizing xrays just because some congress douchbags that probably need dypers got hit with anthrax. Like why do i care that they got anthrax. And why would i care if one of them got shot its not my problem, and its not even news I already new about these things prior. why report I dont giv acrap about them there no one important, I mean its entertaining to see on the news but it gets old.

Maybe they need something in the news about little bushy getting captured strapped naked with gorilla pheromones. just to see what happens whiles hes all naked.

After all the war on the constitution clearly shows there not important.

better rant.

edit besides me being told these few details prior to them happening would have been likely to be a distraction and kinda felt like and entrapment. And if they dident happen then i would have been delusional. so why say anything and then it isent like anyone would investigate property things happening to me so im like FU
edit on 5-6-2012 by floorplans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am noticing a lot of improvement in your spelling and grammar since you have been practising your writing on these boards. It is something that does take a lot of practice and even I after many years of writing would still have some trouble without a spell checker at times. Just like you and me there are many people here trying to learn and this place does does get quite petty and childish at times. You have shown a lot of strength and spirit to be able to brush it off and keep going, good to see.

As for this bit about psychologists and others exerting their knowledge, we come back to that complexity thing. How the mind works is super complex with lots of different people and professionals holding different parts of the puzzle. Sure, science has not got all the answers yet, but it has a few. I guess basically, just focus on the parts that work for you and hopefully a better picture will start to take shape.
edit on 5-6-2012 by kwakakev because: added second paragraph

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Ok, like I just said in my above post, it has something to do with science, but saying science is crap is pretty ignorant.

just poor choice of words.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The irony here is that science gave us the computers to allow one to post this rant.

While there is some junk that science does, it still does a lot of good and is still a lot better than religion.

It's really only those that can't understand science, especially the religious, that rant on about how science is thought police.

top topics

join