It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant voter-suppression tactics at work in Wisconsin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Annee

I called three different states. I gave the information of a 90 year old woman who has a history of voting but she has no Birth Certificate, drivers license, or Social Security Card. I asked if this woman would be allowed to vote in the November elections regardless of showing an ID or not. I also mentioned this 90 year old woman was supposedly interviewed by a talk radio show host.

Well good for you.

In my many years of experience - - someone telling you something can be done and actually making it happen - - are two different things.

I hope she gets her ID. I hope everyone with a similar experience gets help in getting their ID.

When they all have their ID - - then it can be legal to require it.

I used to document and save links when I was younger. I don't do that anymore. Call it Senior Citizen Privilege. I listen to XM radio - both Left and Right shows. I listen to both Left and Right shows on iTunes radio. I listen to both Left and Right shows on Internet Radio. Have no idea which specific show it was.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

I called three different states. I gave the information of a 90 year old woman who has a history of voting but she has no Birth Certificate, drivers license, or Social Security Card. I asked if this woman would be allowed to vote in the November elections regardless of showing an ID or not. I also mentioned this 90 year old woman was supposedly interviewed by a talk radio show host.

Well good for you.

In my many years of experience - - someone telling you something can be done and actually making it happen - - are two different things.

I hope she gets her ID. I hope everyone with a similar experience gets help in getting their ID.

When they all have their ID - - then it can be legal to require it.

I used to document and save links when I was younger. I don't do that anymore. Call it Senior Citizen Privilege. I listen to XM radio - both Left and Right shows. I listen to both Left and Right shows on iTunes radio. I listen to both Left and Right shows on Internet Radio. Have no idea which specific show it was.
edit on 8-6-2012 by Annee because e: (no reaso n given)

I'm sorry but blaming a party for voter suppression, calling that party names like "insane" and defending something false just for the sake of demonizing a party isn't a senior privilege.
But if you feel it is then I suspect you don't speak for most seniors.
I'd contend you've exerted a "privilege" used by most of the ignorant lefties.
edit on 8-6-2012 by sweetliberty because: spelling

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The election had one of the highest turnouts. If anyone was taken in by a robocall telling them what you claimed, they deserve to lose their right to franchise. How stupid could they be after all the media attention this has gotten?

In other news:

Exclusive: Wisconsin voter describes robocall telling him not to vote

A Wisconsin voter received a robocall Monday night falsely informing him that if he had already signed a recall petition, he didn't need to vote in Tuesday's recall, he told Lean Forward.

Ed Tuite of Eau Claire said the call came around 8pm Monday night, and that it did not identify the person or group behind the effort.

"That would be as blatant voter suppression as I've heard," Tuite fumed, adding he and his wife weren't taken in, and voted Tuesday morning.

Tuite's account jibes with several other reports of similar calls, some of which have noted that the caller's voice sounded suspiciously like that of Tom Barrett, the Democratic candidate for governor. Tuite said the voice in his call, too, sounded like Barrett's.

Gov. Scott Walker's campaign has denied having any role in the robocalls.

This is from MSNBC Not really your usual neocon news outlet.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm sorry but blaiming a party for voter suppression, calling that party names like "insane" and defending something false just for the sake of demonizing a party isn't a senior privilege.

I stated both Dems and Republicans commit voter fraud.

Where did I blame a party because someone can't prove their birth to get a voter ID card?

Where did I claim to speak for anyone but myself? Nice interpretive "twisting".

I was a long time Republican - - - in a political discussion forum for many years. My opinion stands. There are no more Republicans - - there are only insane Neo-Cons. Yes - absolutely - I can and do claim those who hijacked the Republican party (Right Wing Nut Job Neo-Cons) are insane.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm sorry but blaiming a party for voter suppression, calling that party names like "insane" and defending something false just for the sake of demonizing a party isn't a senior privilege.

I stated both Dems and Republicans commit voter fraud.

Where did I blame a party because someone can't prove their birth to get a voter ID card?

Where did I claim to speak for anyone but myself? Nice interpretive "twisting".

I was a long time Republican - - - in a political discussion forum for many years. My opinion stands. There are no more Republicans - - there are only insane Neo-Cons. Yes - absolutely - I can and do claim those who hijacked the Republican party (Right Wing Nut Job Neo-Cons) are insane.

You forgot to mention how you claim most of the voter repression and fraud come from the Republicans and in the same breath you used a made up story of an elderly womans plight as your proof for defending voter repression from the actions of Republicans who are simply enforcing a federal law.
I made the phone calls and found no voter repression. If your going to give examples, please use truthful ones when trying to demonize. You seem to be the only one creating suppression.
Unless you claim anymore rubbish, I have no desire to continue posting to you, its becoming redundant.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You forgot to mention how you claim most of the voter repression and fraud come from the Republicans

Yes - - absolutely I do. And that comes from much I learned when I was participating as a Republican in a political forum.

. . . . and in the same breath you used a made up story of an elderly womans plight as your proof for defending voter repression from the actions of Republicans who are simply enforcing a federal law.

Interpretation - - - and also calling me a liar.

I made the phone calls and found no voter repression.

I'm sure you found exactly what you wanted to find.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee, I invite you to make the same calls. I posted the numbers to three offices, in three different states of the Offices of the Supervisor of Elections. There is no way to spin the questions. Again, I invite you to make the call. Prove otherwise, please.
Eta: prove it to be anything less than FACTS. If you dont prove otherwise, then stop spinning this!
edit on 8-6-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annee, I invite you to make the same calls. I posted the numbers to three offices, in three different states of the Offices of the Supervisor of Elections. There is no way to spin the questions. Again, I invite you to make the call. Prove otherwise, please.

Great - you believe you answered the question.

I've dealt with government in my 65 years. What they tell you and the end result don't always add up.

FACT: the problem exists and until it is solved - - - voter IDs should not be legal.

--------------------------------------------------

This is becoming repetitive. I don't do Ping Pong.

Done.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by The Sword
You pay taxes.

Your name is on the rolls.

Why should you have to show an ID?

How does anyone know you are really that person who you say you are? There are very few things that anyone can do without ID.

I would love to see you play out this entire fantasy for us. I do not think many of you have actually voted before. You listen to right wing media but voting seems confusing to you.

Explain to me the scenario in which this fraud plays out, please.
Feel free to borrow from any of the real cases of this type of voter fraud you have found.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Feel free to borrow from any of the real cases of this type of voter fraud you have found.

BLACK BOX VOTING

Four hundred and eighty-eight voters, every one of them in the Tennessee district of US Rep Steve Cohen (D-09), all but four lifelong Democrats, and nearly all Black, had their voting history erased by Shelby County election workers, setting them up for purge from the voter list. To alter voting histories for a selected set of voters, putting them at risk for strategically selected purge, is to demean them, to treat them as if they have less worth as human beings than they do. And to demean them is to wrong them. What Shelby County's election staff has done, in altering the records, is morally wrong.blackboxvoting.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

There is no "progressive opposition to party neutral voter ID."
What there is is progressive opposition to the steps required to get that voter ID.
Change the steps and the argument is over.

Reply to post by Annee

So - you agree with disenfranchising a citizen of their constitutional right?

Not their fault when and where they were born.

Everyone who tries to make an issue against showing an ID to vote cites the same silly non-example of a "90-year old sharecropper from the South."

Apparently, all the anti-ID avocates know this woman, lnow of her plight, get her story national media attention, but no ID?

Is she is so "isolated" how did anyone find out she's been denied a right to vote?
If she, or any other imaginary "backwoods" homebody is so "isolated," why would they want to vote, anyway? Who for?

What about "an informed electorate?"

It seems that all the whining and hand-wringing are about hypothetical people who haven't given a damn about voting until Barack Obama decided he wanted to be re-elected by these self-chosen outcasts.

I contend that anyone who wanted to participate meaningfully in society already knows how to get an ID or register to vote. The people doing all the complaining are the ones who hope to benefit from having the ignorant registered and voting for their own candidates and positions.

At most, there can not be but a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the adult population so "disenfranchised," and I'd bet that they are so willingly.

jw

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

You speak about hearing an interview on the radio of a 90 year old black woman who was "born in the deep south of illiterate black share croppers", who claims to be an active voter but she has no birth certificate, SS card, and "no family member- no relatives- no living friends - - that witnessed the birth".

This betrays the disingenuineness of Anne's "example.

This woman is not disenfranchised, she is voting!
She has a national audience.
She is aware of the problem.
She no doubt heard the radio responses with solutions to her "problem."
Problem solved!

She lives without assistance, and gets along just fine; so anti-ID advocates ignore the facts and try to create a straw-[wo]man argument around her "example."

Fail.

NEXT?
jw

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Everyone who tries to make an issue against showing an ID to vote cites the same silly non-example of a "90-year old sharecropper from the South."

Really?

In my 20 years of following politics - - - I never heard it - - - except in a discussion on a Talk Radio Show. And the person interviewed was a real person.

Is she is so "isolated" how did anyone find out she's been denied a right to vote?

I never said she was isolated. You know what they say about ASSumption.

At most, there can not be but a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the adult population so "disenfranchised," and I'd bet that they are so willingly.

Isn't it the Right that always screams about the Constitution?

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I never said she was isolated. You know what they say about ASSumption.

The ASSes who've repeated this non-problem as a "crisis" and as evidence of "disenfranchisement" have made ample use of her "example."
If she's voted all these years, can get all the publicity she has, and is still "disenfranchised," that is not the fault of the State, the Republicans or lack of a picture ID.

Isn't it the Right that always screams about the Constitution?

No, but it's almost always the Left trying to trash it. And that includes my vote undiluted by fraudulent practices of any party or corrupt organization.

I've yet to see any real documentation that shows "millions of citizens denied an ID who wanted one if they lived and worked in the State where they sought it. I hear and read anecdotes about the cost of a copy of a birth certificate, or the time it takes to apply; but nothing that shows that someone unable to procure the necessary papers at first, was not subsequently able to procure or produce them.

Even illiterate people in most states can get free assistance to procure an ID. This "disenfranchisement" whining is a farce and flies in the face of reality and logic.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

FACT: I listened to a Talk Radio Show - - that explained a situation - - and had a Real Life interview with a 90 year old woman who had not been able to prove her birth to get a legal birth certificate.

I'm done.

I'm not interested in being called a liar - - being told these "back woods" people's vote is not important - - etc.

The Right screams about the Constitution when it supports them - - - but they seem to have a problem with the Constitutional right of every citizen.

As you made it clear when you stated they did not matter.

edit on 8-6-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Yeah um, can you tell me how to get a free photo ID in my state without having to jump through any hoops any other citizen gets to avoid?

You seem to believe anyone anywhere can just ask and get a free photo ID.
Cool. Tell me how.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

BLACK BOX VOTING

Four hundred and eighty-eight voters, every one of them in the Tennessee district of US Rep Steve Cohen (D-09), all but four lifelong Democrats, and nearly all Black, had their voting history erased by Shelby County election workers, setting them up for purge from the voter list. To alter voting histories for a selected set of voters, putting them at risk for strategically selected purge, is to demean them, to treat them as if they have less worth as human beings than they do. And to demean them is to wrong them. What Shelby County's election staff has done, in altering the records, is morally wrong.blackboxvoting.org...

I am not sure what your response is supposed to mean in relation to my post.
Sorry I do not know what you are trying to share with me considering what you responded to.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

There is no "progressive opposition to party neutral voter ID."
What there is is progressive opposition to the steps required to get that voter ID.
Change the steps and the argument is over.

Reply to post by Annee

So - you agree with disenfranchising a citizen of their constitutional right?

Not their fault when and where they were born.

I do not know this woman. I did not mention this woman. I have seen interviews with people for weeks now and none of them were this woman. But I also fail to see what your response has to do with my response. I am guessing you think that posting Annee's response somehow is a rebuttal to mine?

I am not sure anyone in here is reading anything.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by jdub297

Yeah um, can you tell me how to get a free photo ID in my state without having to jump through any hoops any other citizen gets to avoid?

You seem to believe anyone anywhere can just ask and get a free photo ID.
Cool. Tell me how.

You walk into your nearest DMV office and tell them you need a state identification card for voting purposes. They will wave the $7 (or what ever your state charges)
edit on 8-6-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Great - you believe you answered the question.

I've dealt with government in my 65 years. What they tell you and the end result don't always add up.

FACT: the problem exists and until it is solved - - - voter IDs should not be legal.

--------------------------------------------------

This is becoming repetitive. I don't do Ping Pong.

Done.

Ok heres my list of stuff i can think of you need ID for:

purchase a home
purchase an automobile
purchase a gun
obtain a bank account
obtain a credit card
obtain a passport
write a check
make a credit card purchase
apply for a loan to purchase anything
to get married
to receive a marriage license
to drive
to buy a house
to close on a house
to get medical care
to get on a plane
to get insurance on anything
to get a job
to get a post office box
to get a hunting license
to get a fishing license
to get a business license
to cash a paycheck
rent an apartment
rent a hotel room
rent a car
rent furniture
rent tools and equipment
receive welfare
receive social security
receive food stamps
buy cigarettes
buy alcohol
buy a bus ticket
buy a cell phone
buy any antihistimine
go in to a casino
go in to a bar
go to college
have your water turned on
have your electricity turned on
have your cable turned on
have your gas turned on
obtain trash pick up service
pick up a package from the post office
pick up a package from fed ex
pick up a package from ups
pick up a prescription

So explain to me who wouldnt have ID unless there illegal and cant get one or they live in the woods and only visit civilization once a year?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join