It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant voter-suppression tactics at work in Wisconsin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Sorry, I got a little ahead of myself. I almost forgot the topic of the OP:

My simple response is, "It's damn-well about time. Get a little taste of your own medicine."
If the thieves and crooks and vote-buyers are feeling a little "suppressed," how sad!

jw

edit on 5-6-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

OK. Explain this "suppression:

A Madison City Clerk has told a Wisconsin radio host that turnout for the area is expected at over 100%, up to 119%. What makes it all the more interesting is that this story comes from a far-left site.

119% Voter Turnout in Madison, WI

I guess in a "progressive" poll, anything less than 150% turnout is "suppression."

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The unions didn't come close to spending the amount that poured into Walker's campaign, most of it from out-of-state sources;

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The unions didn't come close to spending the amount that poured into Walker's campaign, most of it from out-of-state sources;

Ahhhh - - - there's nothing like STATE RIGHTS!

Bought and paid for from Out of State.

Don't ya love it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Didn't they just have a huge voter turnout?

I think unions are in trouble they run out of options...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Looks like instate donations for Walker was still 3 to 1 in his favor....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Unless you count what they actually spent:

More than a year since Walker limited collective bargaining rights for most public employees, the nation’s three largest public unions — the National Education Association (NEA), American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), and the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) — have channeled at least $2 million from their treasuries and super PACs to two Wisconsin-based independent expenditure groups.

The American Federation of Teachers, United Food and Commercial Workers, Teamsters and the United Autoworkers have also dipped into their D.C. treasuries for the Wisconsin recall.
On March 7, the NEA, the nation’s largest union, transferred $3 million to its super PAC, the NEA Advocacy Fund. A week later, that super PAC sent $500,000 to the We Are Wisconsin Political Fund, a state-based independent expenditure group headed by the state AFL-CIO’s president. The fund has spent the money on direct mail, phone banking, canvassing and support for other pro-recall groups in the state.

Wisconsin recall breaks record thanks to outside cash

Beaten at their own game, and they scream, "Foul!"
What hypocrites.

jw

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I wonder how much of that money actually convinced Democrats to vote for Walker ?

The Republican supporters already had their minds made up, just like the first time.

Was it advertising ?

Are Democrats really that gullible ?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Sorry, I got a little ahead of myself. I almost forgot the topic of the OP:

My simple response is, "It's damn-well about time. Get a little taste of your own medicine."
If the thieves and crooks and vote-buyers are feeling a little "suppressed," how sad!

jw

The next response is break out the scope and ratchet it up in redville

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

So, until so unless so creditable evidence comes up that Republicans actually did this.... Put in the pile next to the New Black Panther party harassing people at voting locations!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell is that smiling white lady who is in the doorway ever going to get inside to vote with those two thugs standing there doing nothing like that???????

She looks scurred.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I think this is very very bad.

I don't think anything good is going to come out of it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The people aren't speaking for no one.

The Koch Brothers are speaking for them with election theft.

Nothing more.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by anon72

So, until so unless so creditable evidence comes up that Republicans actually did this.... Put in the pile next to the New Black Panther party harassing people at voting locations!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell is that smiling white lady who is in the doorway ever going to get inside to vote with those two thugs standing there doing nothing like that???????

She looks scurred.

You know damn well that black racists treat white women different than the men. If thats the point you were trying to make lol.
Those guys are lucky those dildos weren't shoved up their asses

edit: the girl isn't smiling and those are batons not dildos.-
edit on 6-6-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by jdub297

The people aren't speaking for no one.

The Koch Brothers are speaking for them with election theft.

Nothing more.

Yeah! I'm not even particularly pro-union. And I'm not a Dem.

But - this is pure Skunk Stink.

It feels very wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm sure there was wrong doing on both parts. Its hilarious to listen to the back and forth. I'm sure there was more money spent than any of us will ever know about.
Deception was from both sides but I think I will give the people of Wisconson enough credit to think that as long as this went on they were smart enough to make there own choice. Like it are not enough people voted to represent what they wanted. As for the mailers and strong arm tatics, they should all be prosecuted but I doubt Holder can get around to that.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I've been following this one for a long time on talk radio. Even before Walker was elected.

What "reality" do those who support Walker and the Koch brothers live in?

Do they hate Dems so much - - they just don't care what's actually going on?

I support Walker. My reality is lowered property taxes and a few new coworkers. I don't like paying property taxes, the less I pay the more I have in my pocket to improve my property. Is that real enough for you?

How about this. My company increased its staff. Out of work people are off unemployment and making an honest living. One of the guys that got hired last July is buying a house for his family now, 3 daughters (ugg!). Is that real to you?

Vote for Walker because you hate the Dems? I don't care what party line you follow, if you lower my taxes and give people jobs, you are looking good to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Conservative- The more money I retain, the more I can put into the local community and projects that create wealth

"Liberal"- The more money I can squander, the more street cred I can get

Truth sucks

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
Conservative- The more money I retain, the more I can put into the local community and projects that create wealth

I'm not sure where you're going with this but I'm a conservative and its not wealth I'm after. I'm just trying to make ends meet and if there is any left over, I reduce costs by providing for myself.

Gardening, solar panels ect.

Things nobody strives to do. Like Walker, I plan for tomorrow and not submit to today's cravings.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

The powers that be sure appreciate the divide you help maintain among citizens by pandering ignorant elitist generalizations.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Talk about sour grapes. The DNC didn't even care enough to follow through on this big ol Wisconsin recall they were pushing so hard with MoveOn(Soros little pet project), now that POTUS is busy with his own personal campaign, so when the turnout favored Republicans, we are now going to cry voter fraud.

The same people who ignored the exposes on ACORN are now crying in their beer over the Wisconsin recall. I think it's kinda funny actually.

The people have spoken and the Unions lost.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join