It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus film with Ancient Civilizations problem

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

See he had to make the film so it continues from the previous ones so this restricted him, in reality it should not be the alien bio-weapon which was to destroy humans but a flood.

I would love to see a it written just like the ancient mythology tells us. It would start with the gods coming to earth. It would show how poseidon selected a human female and from her came the titans, the human/god hybrid. This breeding program took place on Atlantis and atlas was the first titan (hybrid). It was in his honour that the island was named Atlantis. It would show how humans abused knowledge given to them and ultimately how Zeus Poseidons brother destroyed Atlantis and sent the titans to the bottom of the sea.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Yes thats a much better start and end, but as you say he had to conclude it with the space jockeys as that was the basis of the idea.

I think the ancient alien idea in a sci-fi format would work really well, and may even work better.

Thanks for the input though, Ive actually learnt something extra too.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The other thing I would like to point out is that in the beginning of the film the titan who sacrifices himself is Prometheus because according to mythology it was prometheus who created humans.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This whole "ancient aliens" meme in sci-fi flicks is getting to be a cliche. The biggest selling point to the original Alien was it was just completely alien. Now it's origin story is all garbled up in Earth's history. Oh well, I'm sure it's still going to be an amazing flick... too bad HR Giger wasn't involved in the flick's artwork, he really made Alien the surreal hit it was.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
saw this movie last night in imax 3d. So much worse than i was expecting. Really terrible.

but to answer your question op i think the engineers must have visited earth and interacted with early humans to give them the knowledge of the star system. But hey practically nothing was explained in this film and is the for the most part totally pointless.
edit on 7-6-2012 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Ye in honesty I think your right, the first part as its not built on properly is pointless, I just think he wanted a very nice opening sequence.

Also although I liked the film, I wouldnt say it was a great film, I prefered Moon in honesty as it at least was more of a space film than Prometheus.

But to go back to the original point, yes they must have gone back and explained, but to just show it as they did was a huge let down, and you come away thinking taht he must have skimmed through one thread on ATS and then got that ancient alien story from that, rather than looking into it and building on it to explain it further.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The canon of the Alien universe states that the xenomorphs are able to extract DNA from their hosts, they not only resemble somewhat what their host looks like (Alien 3, the xeno came from a dog, the beastie ran on all fours, the predalien from the unfortunate AvP) but they can also extract memories (the xenos in Aliens knew how to operate doors and had knowledge of the colonists defences) or Ripley's memories as seen in Alien Resurrection, she was cloned from her own charred ashes when she sacrificed herself at the end of 3.

So it's reasonable that the Jockeys DNA twinking amongst humans that it was inevitable, a primal psychic urge to know where humanities alien origins came from.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Ask about our DNA over the years, ask about how we where introduced in the sixies about the same subject matter of Alien visitation, Rod Stirling, host of the twilight zone, had a one hour show on this subject, the first clues were found in the fourties, even earlier, ask why women had to get an injection of RH- factor, so NOT to abort their babies????, ask why temples in Thailand pre-date some star charts by 10 thousand yrs, why we live in fluid for nine months, and then drown by accident if not careful. THINK?????

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Note for next time - SPOILER ALERT

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheerfulnihilist

Their are story lines explaining the spacejockys race and the alien, the alien is a bio weapon, to be use against enemys of their race, I read that there are Two aliens, REDs and BLACK each batch of eggs crates one to two reds, which are distroyed, the pre- alien is the Facehugger, the mother which the fetus feeds on the DNA of the host, the aliens can become Queens if need be, the bio-weapon is super weapon it uses the DNA of the host for its attack skills and self defence in short WELCOME to the world of X-DNA, plus they produce a royal jelly that can change HUMAN dna if tasted, (don't ask)? so what world do you guys live in, this science was written 1979, PEACE, Plus the alien can grow into adult alien in three hours.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bone13

why we live in fluid for nine months, and then drown by accident if not careful. THINK?????

We drown because we don't have an umbilical cord attached to our mother supplying oxygen.

RhIg are given because in some instances a mother can become sensitized to the blood of the fetus and release antibodies that will attack it. This is most likely to occur when the mother and fetus have different Rhesus factors. The RhIg injection is given to prevent sensitization. If you are asking us to question why there are different Rhesus factors, we might as well question why we have different blood groups at all, why blue or brown eyes, why some animals have wings and others walk on two legs, etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by EvillerBob

Thank you, some readers might not know about some information (science) posted here, i was born in the fifthys, the science we learned has been up dated over the years, the first computer i ever used was in 1963, i mean the current format with keyboard no mouse, geo-science, earth science was part of class, today some don't look at the root causes of changes in the weather, a dozen volcanos spewing ash causing hot and cold around the world, the pollution in the oceans, dumping of trash, and chemicals since the fortys, ice bergs causing sweet water, and they in Washington want to kill the advances in medical science, PBS has good programs on how cancer forms and works, on the Doctors with their advances, but some don't ask the right questions why the government use people who aren't drs talk about birth control, or people who know anything drugs (Medications), or treatments, to approve them at our expence, Thank you again

edit on 11-6-2012 by bone13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bone13

Science is mostly educated guesswork. Educated, because it's based on principles and observations developed over tens and in some case hundreds of years of analysis. Guesswork, because we're guessing that we've observed and analysed properly and guessing that we understand the principles as well as we think we do.

Most of the time I side with science, but I'll happily accept that as we push boundaries further, we will find the principles we thought we knew don't exactly fit. Think of it this way - you might understand enough about the principles behind cars to drive one, and all your analysis and observations will be accurate as a driver. Once you pop the hood and start trying to apply those principles to the engine or transmission systems, you'll start to realise their shortcomings.

My position is that if anyone wishs to contradict those hundreds of years of observing, analysing and explaining our physical world, they will need to come up with a very good reason why we've been wrong all this time. I perhaps wouldn't go so far as to say that "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", but the evidence should certainly be clear, detailed, accessible and reproducible by others. It's amazing how many "amazing new energy source" threads fail to realistically deliver on any of these

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

What I found hilarious was what she set out to do at the end, despite the reaction they'd received earlier.

Well considering there were no sub-titles when the android spoke to the engineer, for all we know he said something completely different or even offensive by mistake.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I could be wrong about this but I don't think the opening sequence was meant to be taken the way the OP has interpreted it.

Again, I may have missed something but the impression I got was that the act of the Engineer sacrificing himself was what spurred advanced life to develop on Earth in the first place. The Engineer's DNA did not interact with "lesser humans" because there were no lesser humans around at the point of him jumping off the cliff. He started a sequence of events which would eventually lead to us.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by entermemo

Yes I've mulled this over in my head, and you maybe right.

The reason being is that we didnt see any form of life on earth at all. They didnt show birds fleeing when the space ship arrived, we didnt see fish in the water, or any form of life in and around the forest.

So that was meant to be the begining of time and so later on they came down and told us the story and that was recorded by our ancestors on cave walls etc.

So does it maybe explain that they annoyed with us and hate us because what eventually turned up wasnt what they planned.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

OK, I finally got around to watching the movie to get back to you.

So that was meant to be the begining of time and so later on they came down and told us the story and that was recorded by our ancestors on cave walls etc.

Not sure about the beginning of time or life in general (just assumption there), but remember in the beginning of the movie when they were having their conference after arriving at the planet, and they talked about the cave art? It was always humans worshiping a giant being, who was pointing at the star cluster.

So yes, the engineers had to have come back later to interact with the humans, and this is how the knowledge was given.

So does it maybe explain that they annoyed with us and hate us because what eventually turned up wasnt what they planned.

Yeah, I'm not really going to guess on the rest. A few too many unanswered questions and seeming plot holes for my taste. I hope they make a sequel to fill in the blanks and flesh things out a bit.

I did enjoy the film though.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join