It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prometheus film with Ancient Civilizations problem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I just got back from watching Prometheus and although a very good sci-fi which I love, the part where the Ancient Civilisations where able to guide the people of the 21st century to their other planetry home just doesnt work in my mind.

The idea that the alien ship came to earth and sacrificed the engineer to allow the DNA his to filter into I suppose a lesser human beings DNA, in order that we eventually become what we are today.

That part is fair enough, its just as plausable as say an asteroid landing on earth with dna on, and finding its way into our DNA to change it supposedly for the better.

BUT.

With that new DNA mixed in with our old DNA how is it through that change that the new humans are able to dig out the location of the planet from the DNA and allow direct them to draw it on the cave walls, on walls and on stone tablets.

If that was the case, wouldnt we be today randonly drawing these planets on our home walls, just as ancient civilisations have done before us so that we can find it.

The ancient alien theory is that aliens visited our planet and taught us face to face these facts, skills and ideas so that we then where able to draw them on walls to talk about or to remind future humans who see it for themselves.

I'm putting it in this forum as I love the everything to do with ancient civilisations, but was frustrated that the film Prometheus which the whole thing is based on, gets it wrong.

What do you guys think?
edit on 5/6/12 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Isn't it more likely that the space jockeys (or whatever you want to call the 'creators' of the Alien/Prometheus mythos), having been worshipped as gods by early man, had pointed out their identifying star cluster to the early humans or otherwise had it documented for the humans to witness, instead of assuming it's an effect of the DNA?

Granted, I haven't seen the film yet as doesn't come out until friday here, so that's just a shot in the dark.

Was the film as sweet as I'm thinking it's going to be, otherwise?

link   

Originally posted by multichild
With that new DNA mixed in with our old DNA how is it through that change that the new humans are able to dig out the location of the planet and allow direct them to draw it on the cave walls, on walls and on stone tablets.

If that was the case, wouldnt we be today randonly drawing these planets on our home walls, just as ancient civilisations have done before us so that we can find it.

The cosmic dna may have degraded over years, also there were cave paintings until a few hundred/thousand years back but technology may of cause genetic dna breakdown since you no longer have to rely on your internal builds to survive and can now use technology(example Atlantians land walked if true and their dna from water exposure kicked in and made them fins)... This may weaken the messages that over periods of time may need rebooted from some cosmic events.

Will be observing the movie as well soon..

edit on 6/5/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

link   
I WILL NOT READ YOUR POST

Hey I'm going to see that film on thursday. Started to read your post only to discover you've put in some movie content. Please remove it, I dont want to know until I've seen the film.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well I havent given anything away really that cant be seen in the trailors, but the general thought that DNA was slipped into our oceans only to find its way into our DNA, it all mixed up and that then allowed ancient civilisations to draw them from DNA memory and impulse.

Thats the general idea of the film, but to just leave it that they did that and never returned just doesnt add up.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by multichild
Well I havent given anything away really that cant be seen in the trailors, but the general thought that DNA was slipped into our oceans only to find its way into our DNA, it all mixed up and that then allowed ancient civilisations to draw them from DNA memory and impulse.

Thats the general idea of the film, but to just leave it that they did that and never returned just doesnt add up.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Having seen the film myself last night I agree, but it clearly leaves it open for a sequel and our "creators" havn't been found yet

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Please tell me it shows the alien?!?!?! Please oh please.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

What I found hilarious was what she set out to do at the end, despite the reaction they'd received earlier.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Yes there plenty of alien scenes, but not what you think.

Dont want to spoil it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterWiggin

No thats the problem, and yes thats the idea of ancient aliens, but you dont see that in the film,
They came, they left their DNA for it to eventually find its way into ours, and then we go looking for our creators.

It doesnt go along with the ancient aliens and thus ancient civilisations theory

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

i'm afraid i don't think i understand your Opening Post well. are you claiming that the storyline behind prometheus is in fact true? if so, why? it's a sciencefiction movie. it has no bearing on reality, it's an imagined universe where xenomorphs exist and humanity constantly encounters them. it's make believe.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Hum. Well then, I guess I'll have to pop back in to this thread next week after I can see the movie! Sorry I can't be useful at the moment...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Yes the film is make believe, but he has taken the idea from what many would say is a distinct possibility.

The whole ancient aliens connected to ancient civilisations idea is based on the two meeting up, not being able to draw facts from DNA that has been absorbed.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Would it not be a case of the 'creators', having added their DNA to our planet in order to create humans, then as humans slowly develop into primitive man they return to see how their experiment was doing and impart some knowledge of their origins which was subsequently painted on the cave walls?
Presumably they periodically checked up on our development as time passed and brought them to their conclusion.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The way I understand it is this, the group known to us as the Gods, Elohim created the titans, in the bible they are called the sons of the elohim or the sons of god. These "Atlantians" were forbidden to mate with primitive humans. They were worshipped as gods by the primitive people of this earth. A few of these sons of gods broke the code and mated with primitive humans. These human hybrids then began to abuse knowledge given to them by their fathers, in essence they were too animal in nature to possess this knowledge, they had to be destroyed.
edit on 5-6-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

These human hybrids then began to abuse knowledge given to them by their fathers

Yes that sounds about right, and more than likely the reason why they want to see the humans killed off.

But they didnt show that any info was passed to the humans, only that somehow the early humans somehow knew that the planets are where they are.

Its a huge bit to leave out, if they wanted us to fill that bit in, then only those who have read into ancient aliens/civilizations theories would understand.

But it certainly left me with the idea that they just came, gave us DNA which we absorbed and that was that.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Prometheus the titan gave humans fire and for this he was punished by the gods. The gods did not want humans to have the technology of fire. This "fire" I believe is a metaphor for forbidden knowledge.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Very interesting.

Prometheus though is the name of the ship that they use to travel to this distant planet. So in the one hand they indicate that they go in search of the creators with the understanding that the knowledge that was given to them was not for them to have, so nameing the ship Prometheus. But the film indicates that no contact was made, and human beings just found their way there and past civilisations somehow had information that they do not have today.

Its a great film dont get me wrong, I live the idea and really respect what he has done, but to leave that bit out for us to wonder about, and instead waste it on other stuff is a dissapointment to me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

"With that new DNA mixed in with our old DNA how is it through that change that the new humans are able to dig out the location of the planet from the DNA and allow direct them to draw it on the cave walls, on walls and on stone tablets.

The ancient alien theory is that aliens visited our planet and taught us face to face these facts, skills and ideas so that we then where able to draw them on walls to talk about or to remind future humans who see it for themselves. "

maybe its related to the idea that if we learn enough about the makeup of dna and information included within it,, it will lead to us unraveling more of the mystery of the past...... us even knowing what dna is and having the chance to learn more and more about it,, its make up and history, can give us clues to how it was originally created, and by what.....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Again i do agree and that is for scientists today to discover that in the 21st century, but those ancient civilisations somehow had the knowledge of the planets as it was represented in the film.

The argument could be that we did know about DNA and all back then too, and then lost the knowledge but I dont see how then it was written on cave walls and not something a bit more grand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join