It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucifer was Jesus - Not Satan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by toocoolnc

I personally like your hypothesis but your Phosphorus thing is kind of dumb.

Φωσφόρος - Phosphorus in English

You will notice that the Greek letter Phi, φ, which you are splitting apart in your English translation (to make phosp-horus) is really a single letter. To the Greeks Phosphorus could be split apart as Phos-phoros, Φωσ-φόρος, but to split it into phosp-horus is really kinda dumb. φ is more phonetically similar to f (a letter ancient Greek didn't have) than ph and to the Greeks it would be ludicrous to split it into p and h (a letter ancient Greek also didn't have)

If you dropped this part of your argument it'd be more readily accepted by the forum I think.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

You are missing the point.

Phos+phorus means "Light bringer" in Greek.
Luci+fer means "Light bringer" in Latin.

Horus was the personification of Ra's Light, and carried it through the sky.
Therefore Horus is literally the light bringer as well, and the terminology phosphorus or lucifer can be applied successfully.

Horus was also thought to be the Sky itself, containing both the Sun and Moon (his right and left eyes).
He was also at one time the personification of the Light itself, as Horus the Elder, and was the first national god of Egypt and was also the patron god of Pharaohs.

Can you find one part of Horus's story that isn't "Light Bringing/Bearing"?
I can't.

Check this out also, there are some good correlations found here:
Jesus Christ in comparitive mythology

Check out the section on Ancient Egypt, and while at it, the other sections as well.
edit on 5-6-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You, my friend, are severely deluded. The Bible states that Lucifer was an angel of light, and very beautiful before he fell. Therefore it would only be logical to conclude that he has kept his looks, and his way with light. In order to deceive. Which I see he has done quite well in this case. He is still an angel of light, yet ultimately evil.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite

You, my friend, are severely deluded. The Bible states that Lucifer was an angel of light, and very beautiful before he fell. Therefore it would only be logical to conclude that he has kept his looks, and his way with light. In order to deceive. Which I see he has done quite well in this case. He is still an angel of light, yet ultimately evil.

Yes I agree with you completely.

Lucifer presents himself as an angel of light, as he did with Jesus during the temptation, but clearly he is not one and the same as Jesus. Jesus appeared to himself to try to screw himself up? Get real.

Lucifer 1
OP 0

If you read the Bible it's glaringly obvious. And I would listen to an actual Greek who is offering a clear explanation than taking bits and pieces off of a website as some kind of shoddy proof.

And where's God in all this?! Nowhere, in this ungodly theory.

This is simply beyond idiotic. But go on believing Lucifer died for your sins and is part of the trinity and see how that plays out for you. (Or maybe you don't believe anything in the Bible happened? In which case I would wonder what the point of posting your theory... which is actually a tired OLD theory I have seen floating around the internet by other severely misled people)

OP, THIS is what an unforgivable blasphemy is.

Test: read the bible and everywhere you see Jesus, read it as Lucifer. It doesn't make any sense! And if you actually think it does, you have a poor understanding of Christianity and maybe should do some more bible study before jumping to ridiculous conclusions.
edit on 5-6-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That's fair to say that I was missing the point, and that there is a connection between Phosphorus and Lucifer(us), with ferrus and phorus coming from the same root, and Horus, who being a personification of the sky would literally carry the sun and the moon( I think). I disagree, however, with separating 'horus' out of phosphorus and 'phosp-horus' specifically (as I pointed out with my post about phi and how the greek didn't have a direct letter for h) and citing that point as evidence.

I might be wrong if ferrus and phorus come from the same root as Horus. Do you know if that is the case?

I say again that I really like this theory but I take issue with that one point.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Son Of God, Yeshua, the Hebrew simplified translation, was the Messiah. Linking the sun God and other mythology to the Bible is something that was done long ago, basically combining Christianity with Paganism and sun and moon worship, and all your explanations prove the point more.

However, Lucifer wasn't the Messiah. That looks merely like a theory on your part.

But, what most people know as modern Christianity is earth, sun, and moon worship today. Pagan and Egyptian customs have been twisted into the Messiah's original religion. That's why I don't go to church, or celebrate christmas or easter

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dextraphite
The Bible states that Lucifer was an angel of light, and very beautiful before he fell.

The passage you are alluding to refers to a Babylonian King, not an angel.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

This is simply beyond idiotic. But go on believing Lucifer died for your sins and is part of the trinity and see how that plays out for you. (Or maybe you don't believe anything in the Bible happened? In which case I would wonder what the point of posting your theory... which is actually a tired OLD theory I have seen floating around the internet by other severely misled people)

Dude, I dont follow the bible or any other religion. I only seek the truth.

I am not saying that this is the truth. I am saying that this is a theory.

Anyhow, Im not sayin that jesus was satan. I am saying that he was lucifer. Satan and Lucifer are both different.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

The Bible states that Lucifer was an angel of light, and very beautiful before he fell. - That statement is referring to a Babylonian King as stated by 'AugustusMasonicus'

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Is anyone goin to read the link regarding Phosphorus and Horus?

Phosphorus was a Greco-Roman equivalence to Horus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Click on the link

Scroll down

Find Phosphorus

Realise 'Phosphorus' is a Greco-Roman equivalence to 'Horus'.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Nice theory OP. I'm not surprised to see the connection between Jesus and Lucifer.

It's all psycho-babble anyway. I mean, it's RELIGION. As in, FAIRY TALE. Or MYTH.

Just like myth, it's based on some reality too.

I don't know why people sweat so much about what's essentially fiction.

People have given their whole lives to this, though. That's why they have so much conviction. They're like a man that has invested everything into his "dream". It either floats or it doesn't.

But after investing so much, if they fall then they fall HARD. OUCH.

Nonetheless, I got nothing but love/hope for people. We're all in this hell called reality.

Good luck.
edit on 5-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'm so sick of seeing people trying to compare God to Satan and Jesus with Lucifer.

No matter how you want to compare similarities in symbolism or .the origins of names.

There is clear difference in what they represent. Their philosophies, their teachings and their stories.

Many people have similar names. Many people have the exact same name as others. Does that make them the same person? No, of course it doesn't.

Can you show that the teachings of Jesus are the same as Lucifer? No

Can you show that what Jesus represents is the same as Lucifer? No

NOT THE SAME AT ALL

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Obviously nobody knows the answer to this, but it is a very interesting idea. I remember bringing it up a while ago in the ATS Chat room while they were discussing religions on one of the live shows. When you stop and think about it, somethings really don't make a lot of sense. For example, if God is eternal and knows everything, then why did he bother sending "evil" to the earth - whatever you want to call it - and then sending his "son" or human form - "Jesus" - or any other prophet - to the earth to defeat the evil??? Why did he kick Lucifer / Satan / the devil / whatever out of Heaven when he created it and knew exactly what it was going to do when he created it???

As a child I was baptized as a baby, "saved" at a very early age - way before I had any clue what "salvation" was supposed to mean, and confirmed into the church, served as an altar boy, and even in the children's church choir for a while. My father was a sunday school teacher, and I was forced to go to church every sunday for at least 13 years. There were somethings I really enjoyed about the church - such as being in the youth group and having the opportunity to travel a lot, to places such as South Carolina, New Mexico, and even England (I live in Pennsylvania), but that was about it. I also was forced to attend christian school until I was 10 years old, where I got my parents to let me go to public school - and hopefully be able to go to disney world that summer with the extra money; but, it never happened.

As I grew older I began to be disgusted by how hypocritical people were - they'd go around doing whatever they wanted to without a care in the world, then show up at church on sunday and feel like they were forgiven and nothing ever happened; you see this a lot with any religion I'm sure.

In religion, the idea that if you worship any other God than the one who's in control of whatever religion you are, you're "going to hell", doesn't make any sense to me at all. "God" - in my mind - is a combination of ALL "Gods"; and the only TRUE religion is a combination of ALL religions.

These days I still believe in a "God" but I'd rather call it the "creator", and it makes a lot more sense to me that "God" is just a way of understanding all energy - everything has energy. Sometimes I feel like there is no "good" or "evil" - it's the same thing, just different perspectives, but after seeing some of the stuff people do, it makes it a lot more difficult.

To me, we should all try to help each other out as much as we can, instead of trying to hurt another person, or take advantage of them for our own personal benefit; this seems a lot more evil to me than anything else. Thinking of good and evil as simply positive and negative energies makes a lot more sense to me.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wasnt Horus the opposite of Seth? Seth was the darkstar/dark sun, and Horus was the bright sun. So, the light bringer.

The word Rabb, associated with the islamic god, allah, originated from the word "Rabbi", the jewish priesthood.

And Venus = penis?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

yeah, you're right.

satan is saturn, kronos, the 'father in heaven' - whom saturnalia (christmas) is about...

zeus/osiris i think is the father

maybe saturn is the grandfather. possibly the egyptian god amen-ra
which is why the lords prayer 'our father who art in heaven'... ends with 'AMEN'

ideas of giving people their daily bread and the idea of a kingdom of heaven for the faithful of the gods began in Egypt.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Click on the link Scroll down Find Phosphorus Realise 'Phosphorus' is a Greco-Roman equivalence to 'Horus'.

this is not scientifically ok. the equivalences listed are greek, roman and etruscan, but no egyptian. you have to prove the missing link.
my theory: there is one almighty force, differentally interpreted by cultures and religion. different "masks" of one and the same force.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well you see I have a different theory. I believe that most if not all mainstream religions originated from the mystery schools. The profane and the initiates who attend the mystery schools, created the various religions and text to spread their understandings and teachings esoterically.

The bible is an esoteric blueprint of the ideologies of the mystery schools.

Lucifer, is a direct translation of the word Phosphorus which represented the morning star and Venus. This in turn represented Jesus.

The church spread the teaching to the sheeple that Lucifer was Satan, not Jesus, to spread confusion to those in search of the truth.

Babylon means “The confused gate of god”. Mystery Babylon spread confusion so that only those who were part of the mystery schools could understand the esoteric teachings.

I am not saying that this is the truth. But, this is my conclusion

What you need to understand is that the only thing that matters is your own conclusion.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason, your own understanding and your own common sense.” - Buddhism

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by coyote66

Wasnt Horus the opposite of Seth? Seth was the darkstar/dark sun, and Horus was the bright sun. So, the light bringer.

Horus - Gods Light, Light Bringer, Morning sun - 'Horizon' = 'Horus-Risen'
Set - Prince of Darkness. Night
Osiris - Gods Sun - Evening - God of the afterlife
Amun Ra - The Sun - God

- Horus was the reincarnation of Osiris.
-Horus and Osiris represent Gods Light. (Jesus and the holy Spirit).
-Horus and Osiris + Amun Ra = Trinity
-Seth = Satan

The story goes that Seth killed Osiris to take his throne but Osiris then came back resurrected as Horus.
It’s all symbology

-Osiris was the evening sun. He was killed by Seth the prince of darkness (night time).

-Seth ruled throughout the Night – night increases mans physical and mental insecurities (evil)

-Osiris (Gods Sun) was resurrected as Horus in the Morning (morning Light, Light bringer, Horus Risen) (Jesus)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

There is one force. That force is the Babylonian Mystery Schools which today lives on as the Freemasons, Illuminati, Priesthood etc.

different "masks" of one and the same force.

Yes the various religious texts are different masks of the Babylonian mystery schools. They are made to be taken literally by the sheeple and esoterically by the profane.

There ambition is and always has been in what is defined by modern terms, a 'New World Order' or the control of man and the world.

What I don’t know yet is if they have already achieved this or if they are still trying to achieve it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc

Horus - Gods Light, Light Bringer, Morning sun - 'Horizon' = 'Horus-Risen'
Set - Prince of Darkness. Night
Osiris - Gods Sun - Evening - God of the afterlife
Amun Ra - The Sun - God

- Horus was the reincarnation of Osiris.
-Horus and Osiris represent Gods Light. (Jesus and the holy Spirit).
-Horus and Osiris + Amun Ra = Trinity
-Seth = Satan

The story goes that Seth killed Osiris to take his throne but Osiris then came back resurrected as Horus.
It’s all symbology

-Osiris was the evening sun. He was killed by Seth the prince of darkness (night time).

-Seth ruled throughout the Night – night increases mans physical and mental insecurities (evil)

-Osiris (Gods Sun) was resurrected as Horus in the Morning (morning Light, Light bringer, Horus Risen) (Jesus)

Ah, very interesting. So its all about the sun.

I remember I was once sick, and I was told to do sun gazing every morning. Seems like, sunrise gazing has some sort of healing efect?

Also sunset originated from "sun/son Seth", i suppose.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Correct. It is all about the sun.

You see most modern religions originated from ancient religions which in turn originated from astronomy.

In the ancient times the study of astronomy was split into two groups.

Those who are part of the mystery schools – they learned astronomy and mathematics – mysteries of the universe.

The sheeple – generally taught paganism.

The reason as to why those in the mystery schools hate religion is because they believe that religion is a perversion of their teachings. They believe that those who blindly follow religion are simply ignorant.

So basically what they believe is that religion is a perversion of their teachings which in turn instils ignorance.

I’ve created a new thread where I’ve shown the connections between the mystery religions, astronomy and Christianity. As you’ve already identified; it’s all about the sun.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join