It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All chinese aircrafts are pathetic copies

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The MiG-29 is a popular plane and often portrayed in the West as a formiddable fighter, but the truth is that it's not that great. Its radar is poor and its missiles are also poor (except the new ones with upgraded radar and R-77s (it was for German Luftwaffe or something... don't remember very well)). It has a low fuel capacity and short range. It's more of a cheap interceptor alternative than a good fighter. I'd be impressed if the F-15 has a perfect score vs. Su-27s or 30s. And with good pilots too. Those Iraqi pilots are no good.

Re the R-77 M1 with ramjet, here are some links
www.answers.com...
www.newsmax.com...
www.bharat-rakshak.com...

Looks like it has alternative name R-77RVV-AE-PD

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Impresisve .
Asolutly uncorect ..
you make me shock (more and more) ,
If you say that B2 is fly at supersonic speed over the space you not shock me so much ..
Unbelivebel .

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Fenix F 308]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Uhh... Fenix a little lost in you words there

And I don't know if the F-15 would have a perfect kill ratio against the Su-30’s with good pilots in them, but I think the Kill to Loss ratio would be higher on the kill side.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
yeah yea.. Even I think the F-15s and F-16s have only downed planes from incompetent AFs..that's another story...
what I'm asking for is the pure kill:loss ratio for the F-14 with the phoenix and other gizmos..
it maybe against incompetent/competent AFs..
I just want some figures..

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
www.acig.org...
This is a very good website if you want to know kills during air war. It's very reliable, if it has uncertain figures because of conflicting claims, it will indicate it.

AFAIK the F-14s in service with the USN has never seen air to air combat. Dunno about the latest Iraq war though

However, the F-14s exported to Iran did participate in the Iran-Iraq war, and were very successful
Iranian air victories here
www.acig.org...
However, roughly a dozen F-14s were lost
www.acig.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think the F-14 ahs seen A2A combat although its not much I think in the 80's 2 Libyan Fighters were shot down by two U.S. F-14, other than that I do not know.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taishyou
www.acig.org...
This is a very good website if you want to know kills during air war. It's very reliable, if it has uncertain figures because of conflicting claims, it will indicate it.

AFAIK the F-14s in service with the USN has never seen air to air combat. Dunno about the latest Iraq war though

However, the F-14s exported to Iran did participate in the Iran-Iraq war, and were very successful
Iranian air victories here
www.acig.org...
However, roughly a dozen F-14s were lost
www.acig.org...

Yes its a good website..been there for IAF vs PAF data..
Saw one close call involving a F-15E..wonder what exactly happened then..
It was a MiG 25 PD interception of an F-15 E..the F-15 E pulled out..

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
since i saw some hoax about the IAF's losses during the 1971 war, i decided to post this.

the real figure's of the IAF's losses during the 1971 is here :

IAF's 1971 losses

check these video's :

1 Historic gun camera footage of a Pakistan Air Force F-86 Sabre being shot down by IAF >here

2 Whenever possible, Pakistan air force jets avoided tangling with the IAF. Not so in this case. IAF gun camera footage of another Sabre being crossed out here

3 Historic video footage of now retired IAF Hawker Hunters firing guns and rockets. here

4 An exciting video clip of IAF MiG 21s firing rockets at a ground target. click

5 indian jet kills pakisani jet with a heat seaker missile here

6 Mig-27 bombing video >> here

7 IAF miage 2000 pulvreizes airfield
here

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Stealth Spy]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
wow bravo u can shoot down a f-86 with a mig 21

dont gloat

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Hmm why not? The MiG-21 was an exceptional fighter for its time

btw the first two videos seem to be the same video...

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i mean that wow india can shoot down f-86 (1950's tech) with the latest russian equipment(at the time)

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
India shot done F-86s with something called GNATs which is also, pardon the pun, a pathetic aircraft..
but then again the F-86 wasn't pathetic, was it now..the GNAT was..

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
the f-86 was a pathetic by 1971

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
they were introduced in 1965...

And in that war they were not pathetic as compared to all other aircraft involved..

As for you trying to compare russian tech a US tech .. well thats a diff story

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
WTF
introduced in 1965 are we talking bout the same aircraft.
they were battling chinese mig-15s in korea

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This Chinese versus Indian and Indian versus Chinese ATS members 'crap' is going to end.....be warned.

This is only the start.

Edit:
These type topic threads will no longer be allowed.
They are distracting and disruptive, and only fuel further division between members [namely the Chinese and Indian members], providing nothing of substance to discussion, the ATS community, and ATS itself.

This matter and issue has been under ongoing observation and is now going to cease.

From here on out, bear in mind this:
READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

Thread Closed

seekerof

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join