It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was I just punished? Coincidence or bad luck?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
As I type this I have a sickening skunk headache. A skunk headache is when you or your house has been sprayed by a skunk and the stink gives you a nauseating headache.
Here is what happened.
I posted something recently in the skunk forum and my theory was critical of Yahweh. Last night a skunk dug a hole under my front porch into my basement. My dog, Bandit, started barking at the bathroom floor and pounding with his paws, then I heard a noise and bam - stink.
Now is this just a coincidence, bad luck or am I being punished for daring to question things in the Bible?

Personally , I don't believe in coincidences. I believe everything happens for a reason. So why have I been skunked, was it just bad luck? The timing of this is too eerry.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Its coincidence, lol

only other force that can cause problem is yourself and sometimes others.

imagine if you won a lottery today, whould you ever think.. "hmm i think i won this lottery because i criticized god"?

you are not going to get punished because you criticized a book wrote by horny manipulative men :/

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

The answer is simple...the skunk broke into your house and mad it stink....nothing more....nothing less.

And if by chance....I am wrong...and this was an act of God....he sure has a sense of humor!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Maybe, deep inside, you felt guilt for what you wrote. That energy emitted from the emotion set the balance of energy into effect and you have punished yourself. I would say delve deep into your understanding and TRUE feelings of the topic you wrote about and look at it from a third person point of view. Only then can you know the truth of your feelings, fears and doubts. Somewhere, hidden inside is a feeling that has been suppressed that you may not be aware of on a conscious level. Release the guilt and you release the punishment you have brought on yourself. But hey that's just my little opinion.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

I posted something recently in the skunk forum and my theory was critical of Yahweh.

imo, this was part of the "plan" aswell.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

Now is this just a coincidence, bad luck or am I being punished for daring to question things in the Bible?

Anything's possible...but I doubt it, as otherwise life would probably be a never-ending string of catastrophies. Hell, I'm a BELIEVER and I regularly question things in the bible and try to learn more by digging at the roots.

Personally , I don't believe in coincidences. I believe everything happens for a reason. So why have I been skunked, was it just bad luck? The timing of this is too eerry.

Well, at the very least, I'll say this - it's better than the bears. Sprayed by skunk beats mauled by bear ANY day...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Oh you poor bugger, you sure went and tempted fate!

First of all, get the heck out of the house if it's causing you a headache.
And if you're thinking of having a tankful of tomato juice pumped in under the house, make sure it isn't clamato.
Seriously, make sure the skunk is out, then patch up that hole. I feel for you though.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Because a skunk dug a hole and entered your house and sprayed in it, I believe is the true meaning of this.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by Agarta

Oh you poor bugger, you sure went and tempted fate!

First of all, get the heck out of the house if it's causing you a headache.
And if you're thinking of having a tankful of tomato juice pumped in under the house, make sure it isn't clamato.
Seriously, make sure the skunk is out, then patch up that hole. I feel for you though.

I do believe that you meant to reply to Texcin as your entire reply is to that member not to what it was I wrote.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

The answer is simple...the skunk broke into your house and mad it stink....nothing more....nothing less.

And if by chance....I am wrong...and this was an act of God....he sure has a sense of humor!

Thank you for the smile and the laugh that followed! I really needed that

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

So right. Apologies to you.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Aak Him.

YHVH, not the skunk.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
As I type this I have a sickening skunk headache. A skunk headache is when you or your house has been sprayed by a skunk and the stink gives you a nauseating headache.
Here is what happened.
I posted something recently in the skunk forum and my theory was critical of Yahweh. Last night a skunk dug a hole under my front porch into my basement. My dog, Bandit, started barking at the bathroom floor and pounding with his paws, then I heard a noise and bam - stink.

Then you are probably not involved with the big boss that is above all else. That boss is from my point of very very happy with questions and even demands if they are from the heart and egoless (for the good of all) in nature. But then I am of no religon but see proof of god/All/One in many religons.

Maybe you god skunked so that you write about it on this thread. Just a thought.

Why do you not ask god directly? Lower the ego do you can hear from within the answer and turn the radio on.

Shakespears Sister - Hello (Turn Your Radio On)

edit on 5-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Please, no apologies to me my friend, You have actually done me a favor.

To Texcin

On a physical level, I do feel for you. My wife hit a skunk on the way home one evening and it got stuck in the wheel well. Need less to say, you know how our house smells. Maybe its time to go on a week long Family camping trip. Don't forget to seal all inlets to under your house.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone that could FEEL my pain.
and shared their thoughts on this matter.

LUCKILY, there has been a 10-20mph + wind blowing in my area. Well, was it LUCK, COINCIDENCE or A BLESSING? Just Joking.

The windows and doors are wide open and airing out the house. The stink is still in the bathroom and basement. This weekend we will be sealing off the front porch and placing chicken wire under the ground around the front of the house so no more digging and getting through.

Like I said, I dont believe in coincidences, so with that said, I think it was, what it was, but my old Baptist guilt mind made me think I was being punished in some weird, funny way. So, I'll just mark this experience as - LIFE STINKS SOMETIMES.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That's Yahuwah/YVWH showing you who is boss lol! That's a stiff punishment indeed.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
YHVH doesn't punish you for asking questions, now if you attack his children thats another story and if you do by chance attack his children, i'd advise you not to go walking near any mills by the sea.

new topics

top topics

join