It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul - Why he has won already!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Check out what happened in Wisconsin yesterday... just the tip of the iceberg. People are waking up.... just months ago Barrett was supposed to easily win. Not so much now; the scale is tipping.

If anything it will make for a very interesting few months ahead.

I was at one point sceptical about the shift in thinking and wondering if it were a fly by night occurence. It is definitely NOT; it is not going away. Mind you it is not only "the young college kids getting involved". What I saw at our state convention were lawyers, doctors, teachers, and engineers (of which I am) getting invloved. Of all ages (I am middle-aged). People understand that if we as a country do not make a fundamental change in our policies and ecomonics we will fail. Our freedoms are being taken away slowly but surely and it has to stop now.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Paul supporters keep celebrating this delegate strategy, which I feel is a dirty strategy. Winning all the delegates with none of the popular vote is a dirty way to win, even if it works. I don't blame him for concentrating on delegates, but it is only effective if he also has support of the people. If he wins the nomination, without winning any popular majority, then it is a stolen nomination.

Frankly, it is very hard for me to believe that you actually are being serious when you post a comment like the one above.

"A dirty strategy?" You wanna talk about dirty strategy? Have you taken a gander at the eyewitness accounts of voter fraud that have been consistently occurring across the nation during these primaries and caucuses? Have you not read the counts of blatant violations and dirty tricks being pulled by the GOP at the state conventions that shamelessly attempt to shut out Ron Paul and his supporters?

Given all the evidence in this regard, how anyone can sit there and imply that the results of the "popular votes" in any of these states can be trusted to be accurate literally confounds the mind.

"A stolen nomination?" Please enlighten the rest of us on any rules that have been broken by any Paul supporters during this delegate assignment process. Surely you have evidence to prove that Paul's supporters have subverted the guidelines or laws of the U.S. election process to commit this "thievery" you are suggesting.

I'm disgusted by your post and I am gonna have a hard time taking you seriously from here on out, I'm afraid. Not that you might care either way, but I feel compelled to say it.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
So losing is winning? That's going to make alot of people happy here on ATS.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

So two wrongs make a right? Since when has it ever been acceptable to justify one's own behavior by pointing out the bad behavior of everyone else? I don't let my kids get away with that.

Do you disagree that the strategy feels dirty? Suppose Paul wins the nomination, what do you suppose the average uninformed American will say about it? What will the MSM say? Will they say it was a brilliant strategy, or will they scratch their heads and say, "that can't be legal?"

If it feels dishonest, then it probably is dishonest. If Romney wins practically every state's popular vote, and then doesn't get the nomination, then it isn't a legitimate win for Paul, it is just evidence of an extremely broken system.

Sure, Paul has gotten screwed from the start also. Ignored by the MSM, pushed out of some events, etc. BUT, he could have pled his case to the people instead of trying to backdoor the convention. He could have pled his case here in Florida, he had plenty of support, but he ignored the state.

Last election, in 2008, Paul lost my vote when I woke up one Sunday morning to an entire town full of graphiti-style advertising. It looked like Anarchists had taken over the town, and it was off-putting. Many have said Paul's supporters are his worst enemy. Paul seems happy to be marginalized and ridiculed by the MSM, instead of putting his best foot forward and making a legitimate bid.

I would vote for Paul because of his intelligence, and his policies make the most sense. I worry about Paul, because he doesn't seem to have strong leadership skills, he doesn't run his campaign effectively, and he doesn't have control over his own camp.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Any battle of wits with TinfoilTP, Schuyler or OutkastSearcher is a lost cause because they come unarmed.

There are a few more than that on here. In fact their numbers roughly correspond with the percentage of sociopaths in society. That leaves little to ponder why they are so incensed by talk of liberty and promote those factions that would perpetuate the scourge that blights our well-being.

Our position corresponds to the 88% of the voters who did not vote for Ron Paul. The remaining 12% is far far closer to the sociopath percentage you refer to.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
So losing is winning? That's going to make alot of people happy here on ATS.

Thanks for the highly intelligent and well thought reply!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CORN IS NUTS

Check out what happened in Wisconsin yesterday... just the tip of the iceberg. People are waking up.... just months ago Barrett was supposed to easily win. Not so much now; the scale is tipping.

If anything it will make for a very interesting few months ahead.

I was at one point sceptical about the shift in thinking and wondering if it were a fly by night occurence. It is definitely NOT; it is not going away. Mind you it is not only "the young college kids getting involved". What I saw at our state convention were lawyers, doctors, teachers, and engineers (of which I am) getting invloved. Of all ages (I am middle-aged). People understand that if we as a country do not make a fundamental change in our policies and ecomonics we will fail. Our freedoms are being taken away slowly but surely and it has to stop now.

Ya, the first Governer in history to survive a recall. This proves the fringers have no power, the stink they stir up nets zero results.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by NightGypsy

So two wrongs make a right?

Do you disagree that the strategy feels dirty? What will the MSM say?

Where is the wrong? It seems that the Paul camp is playing by the rules, cleaner rules than the ones that are hobbling his campaign. Those shenanigans will continue for the duration. The rules were written with cutthroat tactics in mind. It discourages the meek and timid from getting involved.

Have you ever played Cut Throat? It doesn't matter the genre, many versions exist in all types of board games and competitions. The rules essentially are, Do unto others then bug out! You don't win if you don't go for the kill. Politics is not necessarily a dirty business, some have played it straight and narrow, but it will likely always feel dirty or it will feel like a lost cause. Who gives a damn what the herds will say? Americans love a winner.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

American's do love a winner, but he has to beat Obama to get that distinction. He won't look like much of a winner if he just disrupts the convention and causes chaos, and Obama ends up winning anyway.

I'd love to see Paul get the nomination, and take on Rand or Rubio or Johnson or Huntsman as a VP, and the appoint some stellar cabinet positions to those same guys. I'd love to see the country turn on a dime and head in the right direction.

If Paul's strategy works, and he gets the nomination, and he makes some bold moves, and he wins in November, then he will be the greatest president we've ever had. He will be remembered as a Revolutionary, and a Winner, and a Hero.

But, if the strategy fails, and it just disrupts the convention, and Obama laughs at the Republican party all the way through November, then it won't reflect well on Paul.

Things could have been so much better if he would just have run a mainstream campaign, and won a few key states, and also worked the delegate strategy at the same time.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Our position corresponds to the 88% of the voters who did not vote for Ron Paul. The remaining 12% is far far closer to the sociopath percentage you refer to.

I hope the number of sociopaths in society don't reach those percentages or we would really have greater problems than imagined. I don't believe those are Paul's actual numbers, partly due to ballot-counting tricks and that I suspect he is attracting even more from among Democrats who are not able to participate in the GOP primaries.

I have no qualms with those who disagree with Paul's philosophy as I likewise disagree on a number of issues and see a danger in half-way steps enacted in carrying out his ideals. Certainly doing some of those things would make it worse than what we have now. I also fear the few sociopaths among Paul's supporters that would be behind him to see all goes that way.

I expect all of us to disagree to some extent. Those who come to discuss specific issues do us a valuable service in this election season when our minds should not be entirely made up yet. Others merely come with a disruptive agenda not to discuss valid issues but seemingly more for the purpose of giving play to their own personal issues. I welcome all valid and constructive arguments offered.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Who gives a damn about he GOP? Whatever happened to just voting for the candidate you think works best? Romney and Obama are frauds. Romney changes and compromises his morals and flip flops like a leaf blowing in the wind if he thinks it will get him more votes. Obama does the same damn thing, these are the actions of liars, not men who have any true convictions they are willing to stick with despite the adversity that would come against them.

I have no respect for men who are more interested in lying to get votes and less interested in doing the will of the people.
edit on 6-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
To those who don't understand how it all works and cry " Oh , The popular vote, the popular vote !"
Yes , it does come down to the popular vote, and Paul supporters hung around after the primarys and Paul won the popular vote for delegates to the national convention. These are the party rules, Paul supporters played by the rules and won.
The contest committee ? Yea I think there will be alot of contests by both sides ,especially where the GOP broke their own rules.
Anyone can say what ever they want, but again we won't know the results till the convention.
Keep trying

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
He is winning in my book. Maybe not this battle, but i believe that he and his movement will win the war.. He has truly started a revolution! If you want to look to future trends you look to the young generation, and we stand behind Ron Paul and his message...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
To those who don't understand how it all works and cry " Oh , The popular vote, the popular vote !"

Mitt Romney 7,903,206
Ron Paul 1,824,109

Yes the popular vote, when you look at it you see the clear loser, Ron Paul with only 11% of the total votes.

Source
edit on 6-6-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yes , and the winner of the popular vote of those who partisapated in the delegate selection is Ron Paul.
The fact that in the state primarys 30% of registered voters voted and 70% didn't vote and that 30% represents the majority of those who voted and won, even though you dismiss the 70% a clear majority of voters.
Now the delegate process works the same way, all the people that voted for the delegates were Paul supporters , the majority of voters , those who bothered to to vote for the delegate selection, won, by the rules that run the process. The popular vote selected a candidate and the popular vote selected the delegates.
Take your arguement to the GOP not Paul supporters , because they are following the GOP rules.
If Romney lost delegates, its his fault and his supporters , for lack of orgainization and effort.
Get over it ,Romney won the popular vote but Paul holds the delegates.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

You guys are a gift that keeps on giving.
Ron Paul lost when he ran out of money and quit campaigning
Ron Paul lost when Romney reached 1144 delegates
Ron Paul lost when Obama called Romney and made his win official
Now we get to gloat over Ron Paul losing yet again at the Convention.
How generous and thanks, it's a bit much but who knew xmas could come so many times in a row?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Man Ron Paul is just another crazy old man, he wants us out of Afghanistan and the middle east and then BOOM, China steps in and they get all the minerals!

That doesn't sound wise. We need an ex-military guy in the white house already. Someone not afraid to tell the rest of the world to STFU and color.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Auzzy

it's easy to claim that now but time tends to change things. Let's look at another one of ATS' heroes, JFK. He galvanized the youth to vote and represented a new movement in government. He was supposed to bring about change and his supporters we all for shaking things up. Now let's fast forward to modern day. Many of the people that are in government now are those same youths that were inspired by JFK and his calls for change. So if someone who actually became president and was even martyred couldn't inspire people to continue his work what makes you think Ron Paul can?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
Man Ron Paul is just another crazy old man, he wants us out of Afghanistan and the middle east and then BOOM, China steps in and they get all the minerals!

That doesn't sound wise. We need an ex-military guy in the white house already. Someone not afraid to tell the rest of the world to STFU and color.

LoL - While I disagree with you on most everything you said, I had to give you a star for at least recognizing it's not about liberating a populace. Minerals...that and the drugs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join