It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul - Why he has won already!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Ron Paul is not and will not ever be considered a failure by people who understand the movement.

Ron Paul has gotten a new generation excited about politics. In all my years I have never seen such hope that the system can work if honest people get involved. So what do you think these enthusiastic Paul supporters are going to do after the election, return to apathy? No way! They will be running for office and supporting like-minded candidates. They are supporting candidates right now it you follow there networks.

They are the watchmen of the U.S. political system now. NWO is running scared, Bilderberg's talking about blowing up Ron Paul and all his supporters on a plane. There hasn't been a plane invented that is big enough to hold all his supporters. Cheap talk, because they know they can't stop the movement.

Yes, Ron Paul already won. He made us believers in our Constitution and raised the bar for future politicians.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Ron Paul is not and will not ever be considered a failure by people who understand the movement.

Ron Paul has gotten a new generation excited about politics. In all my years I have never seen such hope that the system can work if honest people get involved. So what do you think these enthusiastic Paul supporters are going to do after the election, return to apathy? No way! They will be running for office and supporting like-minded candidates. They are supporting candidates right now it you follow there networks.

They are the watchmen of the U.S. political system now. NWO is running scared, Bilderberg's talking about blowing up Ron Paul and all his supporters on a plane. There hasn't been a plane invented that is big enough to hold all his supporters. Cheap talk, because they know they can't stop the movement.

Yes, Ron Paul already won. He made us believers in our Constitution and raised the bar for future politicians.

They couldn't get enough people to vote for Paul, they won't get enough people to vote for them either. Expect Democrats to sweep wherever your guys are running, it is an easy prediction to see they will all be no contest landsliders for the Dems who do actually know how to get people to vote for them.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Well said
I noticed where I am many young are getting involved now, when just last year most of the ones I seen
would ignore whats going on around them.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Maybe I'm just skeptical today, but I see exactly the opposite.

So what do you think these enthusiastic Paul supporters are going to do after the election, return to apathy?

Yes. Exactly that. After seeing all the energy wasted. After seeing the Tea Party infiltrated and dismantled. After seeing the Occupiers arrested and fizzle out. After seeing Paul get railroaded and ignored. After seeing the two-party political system control the MSM, and control the election. After seeing BIG MONEY be all that matters in the Democratic process. After seeing their fellow Americans blindly follow the MSM and ignore the very important debates going on about Paul. After seeing more bailouts, more spending, more compromise, more wars, I think they will be exhausted and hopeless in the political process.

Instead of being energized by a Paul campaign, I see them exhausted by another Paul failure, and exhausted at the inability to organize enough people to defeat a few big money candidates.

Nope. He lost, and the believers in the Constitution are circling the wagons and deciding just when enough is enough to stand up at great sacrifice and enforce the Constitution by whatever means are necessary.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

The only 2 ways the dems are going to get a landslide on election day is if they control the voting machine or wake up millions of dead people.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

The only 2 ways the dems are going to get a landslide on election day is if they control the voting machine or wake up millions of dead people.

I'll bet you the moon you are wrong.

The Dems are going to turn out in force, with record numbers. The unemployment report is going to look great, the economy will be showing recovery, and the Christmas season retail outlook will be stellar. Obama will spend a BILLION dollars on his campaign, and he will carry record numbers of black voters, Hispanic voters, and a majority of women voters. In contrast, the Republicans will not show up in mass to support Romney. They don't want Romney, nobody is excited about Romney, and many will just never make it to the polls that day. Many of the ones that do show up will be writing in Ron Paul or voting for a 3rd Party.

Obama will destroy Romney in the general election. It will be embarrassing to the Republican Party. I'll bet my house on it!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
99% of his following will go sheepling along as soon as the Convention is over and he goes into retirement. There will be no Messiah figure to worship that is running for POTUS, no online polls to skew, no dreaming of getting an autograph at your college campus. Life will go on and the few diehards that try to hold out in the GOP will get overwhelmed by the system, just like Rand Paul became a fully loyal GOP rank and file member.

I expect your childish notions of hero-worship played a large part in getting us to the state we are in today. It will take more than autographs to fix the problems we have created, but if you wish for an iconic autograph then fixate yourself on John Hancock's signature on the Declaration of Independence and what it means. At the risk of being hung for treason against British rule he made his mark boldly in our founders' quest for independence from tyranny.

You really should read the OP as he clearly states this movement, this political revolution, is not about one man but his ideas and the optimism that we can fix our system and regain our liberties the nation's founders sought.

Life will go on after this race and a few diehards will try to cling to our failed authoritarian past, but now an idea has been planted into the hearts and minds of our nation's youth. This idea has inspired this new generation to take an active part in our governmental system with a resolve to correct our past mistakes and ensure it never devolves into this current putrid state ever again. I will continue to gain momentum.

This movement toward freedom and personal responsibility was inspired by one man and we will be ever grateful he convinced us we can restore our nation to its former glory. We will not place him on a pedestal if we do not place him in the Oval Office, nor will we lose interest in this cause or our spirit to fight on until it is won. Paul will be through with active politics once this is over. If he never speaks another word from this day on he still will have won by inspiring this wave of independence and personal responsibility by having set the political agenda and its goals for the decades to come. With or without him this movement will endure.

You really don't think when this man retires that the quest for liberty will end, do you? If so then you must believe the US is a nation of sheep that could never aspire to more. How trite and pessimistic.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

99% of his following will go sheepling along as soon as the Convention is over and he goes into retirement. There will be no Messiah figure to worship that is running for POTUS, no online polls to skew, no dreaming of getting an autograph at your college campus. Life will go on and the few diehards that try to hold out in the GOP will get overwhelmed by the system, just like Rand Paul became a fully loyal GOP rank and file member.

I expect your childish notions of hero-worship played a large part in getting us to the state we are in today. It will take more than autographs to fix the problems we have created, but if you wish for an iconic autograph then fixate yourself on John Hancock's signature on the Declaration of Independence and what it means. At the risk of being hung for treason against British rule he made his mark boldly in our founders' quest for independence from tyranny.

You really should read the OP as he clearly states this movement, this political revolution, is not about one man but his ideas and the optimism that we can fix our system and regain our liberties the nation's founders sought.

Life will go on after this race and a few diehards will try to cling to our failed authoritarian past, but now an idea has been planted into the hearts and minds of our nation's youth. This idea has inspired this new generation to take an active part in our governmental system with a resolve to correct our past mistakes and ensure it never devolves into this current putrid state ever again. I will continue to gain momentum.

This movement toward freedom and personal responsibility was inspired by one man and we will be ever grateful he convinced us we can restore our nation to its former glory. We will not place him on a pedestal if we do not place him in the Oval Office, nor will we lose interest in this cause or our spirit to fight on until it is won. Paul will be through with active politics once this is over. If he never speaks another word from this day on he still will have won by inspiring this wave of independence and personal responsibility by having set the political agenda and its goals for the decades to come. With or without him this movement will endure.

You really don't think when this man retires that the quest for liberty will end, do you? If so then you must believe the US is a nation of sheep that could never aspire to more. How trite and pessimistic.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

If you couldn't get more than 12% of the people to vote for you when you had your iconic figurehead leading the way, it is all downhill for you guys now.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
We will see.
I'll U2U you my address after the election so you can send me the moon.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If you couldn't get more than 12% of the people to vote for you when you had your iconic figurehead leading the way, it is all downhill for you guys now.

You obviously did not read much of the post you quoted...

It is all uphill from here.
The idea has been planted, and will therefore take root and grow...

This is what the OP is saying, and what the poster you quoted was saying..
edit on 5-6-2012 by defuntion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Exactly. 12% isn't as much as many third party candidates have garnered in the past. But you do see the Paul meme changing. Although there are still some claims that somehow stealth delegates will pull out a win for Paul, even the OP here, a staunch and loud Paul supporter, is saying that although Paul may not actually, really, you know, like "win" the nomination, he still "wins" because he has started a movement that has attracted younger voters. Since they are the future of the party, his ideas will continue, etc.

In other words, Paul still "wins" if you change the definition of "win" to "lose." It kind of reminds me of the Special Olympics. If you participate at all and even if you come in last place, you still get a medal and a hug. We still value you as a human being and though you may be just a little different, you're still special and we love you. What we really mean and won't say is that, actually, you're retarded.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

In other words, Paul still "wins" if you change the definition of "win" to "lose." It kind of reminds me of the Special Olympics. If you participate at all and even if you come in last place, you still get a medal and a hug. We still value you as a human being and though you may be just a little different, you're still special and we love you. What we really mean and won't say is that, actually, you're retarded.

Foolish.

What you are saying, is that if Ron Paul can not pull off a win, then the ideas that his supporters embrace him for are worthless..

Ahh the ignorance.

Enjoy more of the same.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Trite pessimism. This "iconic figurehead" is just a man of short physical stature who is long on personal integrity and persistence. He merely sounded the starting bell to initiate this race. What a vision you must have for the nation and the world as a whole. Were you always a defeatist or possibly have an authoritarian agenda? Or just content with the status quo.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Even if Ron Pauls popularity forces the conversation to begin about proper economic reform, by giving him a voice in the party.

He has won.

He has proved the people want real economic reform, not platitudes.

And I don't care if I just wasted my Primary vote by voting for Ron Paul (today was Ca open primary)
edit on 5-6-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

I disagree entirely.

Just the fact that people think he's won when in fact he's gotten his butt kicked is worse than not winning. Nobody cares what the convention is about. It' just a bunch of blah, blah, blah that nobody watches anyway.

Obama will be POTUS for 4 more years and he's not going to change his stripes just because RP caused the tiniest of blips on the political radar.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Trite pessimism. This "iconic figurehead" is just a man of short physical stature who is long on personal integrity and persistence. He merely sounded the starting bell to initiate this race. What a vision you must have for the nation and the world as a whole. Were you always a defeatist or possibly have an authoritarian agenda? Or just content with the status quo.

No I am a realist. 12% of the vote is fail.
His supporters claim they can step into the shoes of elected officials, and have yet to produce a winning vote count. More tall tales with no supporting evidence.
What are you all gonna do, have thousands of natiional money bomb callouts for nobody candidates that nobody has ever heard of from the city level up to the State Capitols?
The framework is a joke.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

...it is all downhill for you guys now.

Trite pessimism.

His supporters claim they can step into the shoes of elected officials....
What are you all gonna do, have thousands of natiional money bomb callouts for nobody candidates that nobody has ever heard of from the city level up to the State Capitols?
The framework is a joke.

Lessee... do whatever it takes to restore our national values, or roll over and play dead? Tough choice.

It may come down to heading for the hills or making a run across national borders, but just letting things go on and ignoring it is not an option.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CORN IS NUTS
reply to post by Shadowalker

I completely agree with you Shadow; Ron Paul's message made me jump into the political arena this year. Thus I ended up being a Delegate in Minnesota (mind you where we won 32 of 40 delegates to go to the National Convention). And at 1st it was all about Ron Paul winning the nomination for me; as I went to county, congressional district, and finally the State conventions. It very clearly dawned on me that this WHOLE thing is not about A MAN. It is about a WAY OF THINKING and it has clearly taken a very strong hold within in our country. So if Ron Paul does not win the nomination I am very confident that this movement will not go away.
We ammended the State GOP platform to include / change to a Liberty way of thinking. Every resolution that supported a thought process of getting back to the Constition passed.
Next up; winning local and state elections. All the way down to the city level; this has already started. It may not happen quickly but we are taking our country back. The "establishment" people with in the party know this. They either have to change to support movement or will wither away like leaves during the Fall.
I am here for the long haul and will not stop; I also know a very large number of people (at least in Minnesota) will do the same. We are running for elected seats all across the state. City Council, House Reps., Financial commitees, Senate seats, etc. etc. The footsteps may not be very loud now.... but they are coming. Do you hear them?

That's all just music to the Democrats ears because you cannot get people to vote your way and have never demonstrated that you can.
All you know how to do is manipulate the system as it stands now to muscle your way into the GOP and cause problems. That is not winning, getting the populace to get out and vote your way is winning. Until people vote for any of you, then you are just outsiders causing problems.

People like you are the problem. Obomneys and republicrats. Too stupid to see the truth, so parroting a party that has been taken over by lunacy is all you got.

Choose a party and be a follower. Oh you already have.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Any battle of wits with TinfoilTP, Schuyler or OutkastSearcher is a lost cause because they come unarmed.
The only facts they offer is the useless drivel the MSM offers us all.
They know nothing about "Roberts Rules" or what it is or how it works.
They know nothing about the delegate selection or delegate election process.
They know nothing about the GOP state or national party rules.
They never offer proof to support their claims.Citing MSM is not proof it is opinion, if it is not totally blacked out.
They are amusing though.

Holster your squirt guns and put down your pea shooters, hahahahaha

The Committee on Contests is in place to set you Paulers straight at the Convention.

source

The role of the Committee on Contests is to adjudicate challenges to the seating of delegates at the Republican National Convention.

It is stacked to the gills with loyal GOP party members with years of service.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

The role of the Committee on Contests is to adjudicate challenges to the seating of delegates at the Republican National Convention.

It is stacked to the gills with loyal GOP party members with years of service.

No doubt to continue the work of their elitist masters and continue with parlor tricks as we've seen throughout the primaries like ballot counting behind closed doors, refusal to step down after being voted out by a new majority, pre-selecting outcomes that are ostensibly matters to be determined by party members and voters, and in general slopping the old party hogs and sows. That's all to be expected and ATS anti-Pauls don't shame us any with accusations of going against the people's will.

There is an urgency to being the work of restoring the nation's lustre but there is also the necessary patience needed to end their slopping frenzy. Meanwhile they are scrambling behind the scenes to save their bacon. They will be their own undoing. In the long run freedom will prevail.

Paul is a greater force than they will openly admit to. This is why you see such continual vehemence coming from those who claim Paul is but an insignificant flyspeck. They laugh and chortle but you can see the sweat running down their legs.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join