It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just solved the mystery of existence.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
When someone thinks they have figured it all out, nothing happens really, the whole notion gets replaced with something more bizarre and inexplicable, this is what the psychedelic space teaches.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The body is a vessel in which us beings of light can have a human experience. This plane of existence is a duality of good and evil; we are given the choice (free will) in these bodies to experience life in our own novelty. We're not "trapped" in our bodies, because our souls chose to inhabit this body we currently use.

The mind is pure consciousness and infinite, but our bodies are material and temporary. Don't discredit the body, because both forms of energy need each other in this plane. Remember, we are souls having a human experience, and chaos (darkness) and order (light) exist in realms where free will does.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

i know i'm just nit-picking philosophy, but that's my philosophy. to really play devil's advocate here, what is absolute freedom? Is that this end-point state of singularity? Doesn't freedom require the capability to create limitations? Not a contradiction - If I am not free to set limits, thresholds, and logically categorize patterns through separation, then where does freedom then vary?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Is this the NewNew Age ?

I heard someone put it like this. Before we are born we gestate in the womb and are aware of our surroundings, right? Then we are "born" to this "world" ( or whatever we call that today).

After gestating in this "womb" of self we will be born into the next world as well. This whole life that we think we know oh so much about? Is really just another womb from which we kick and turn, trying to figure out what is outside mommie's tummy.

So, without hearing or seeing it to clearly will everyone just quit knowin it all?

Intrptr yanks on umbilical , "And get some more apple juice down here will ya?"

Kudo's to whomever gets the line...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've enjoyed reading this thread.

My quest for physical, material freedom led me to searching for mental freedom. I still have a long way to go but freedom is everything really. We strive for it in the physical material world. Well, I know I do. Try to use the system to get to a point you're not stuck in a job doing something you'd rather not be doing for such a bulk of your time here. I think many strive for this, but get enslaved by technology and distractions before reaching the physical freedom and don't get close to the point of thinking about mental freedom. So I think technology can be freeing and enslaving.

And I agree with those of you talking about people having to find their own way to get to the point they even care about anything other than the physical material world. You'll run across people that you can tell are on the same path and I've talked to a few friends about things like this that are also searching, but most people I know couldn't even have a conversation about such things. Looking for answers can be a lonely path sometimes.
edit on 5-6-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Is this the NewNew Age ?

I heard someone put it like this. Before we are born we gestate in the womb and are aware of our surroundings, right? Then we are "born" to this "world" ( or whatever we call that today).

After gestating in this "womb" of self we will be born into the next world as well. This whole life that we think we know oh so much about? Is really just another womb from which we kick and turn, trying to figure out what is outside mommie's tummy.

yes exactly.
edit on 5-6-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

however, it is not new at all. in fact it is quite old. ancient!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, personally, i think the mystery of existence, or purpose of life, is to do the will of God, directly or indirectly, willingly or unwillingly. I think everything has been planned out. I think that predestination and free-will TECHNICALLY exist.

I believe the perception of free-will is merely an illusion; sure you can choose to do whatever you want, but, God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. He knows everything from beginning to end, we are just experiencing from x to y. According to that logic, God KNOWS whatever choice that we take of the infinite possibilities there are, and knows what the outcome will be, therefore stringing another set of choices and consequences. So technically, everything in life has been planned, each and every second, because He just knows. I think that's why Christ puts so much emphasis on loving your neighbors and your enemies. Ever watched the movie Paying It Forward?

edit on 5-6-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 0mage

however, it is not new at all. in fact it is quite old. ancient!

Thank you for that reply. I can hardly wait!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I suppose I'm not ready to fulfill my destiny. How is the mind free when it's stuck inside—and indeed the result of—the body?
edit on 5-6-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

He isn't ready. . .

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
so to the two people on here that are "so enlightend", wtf, ur arguing like little kids on who is more enlightened, i think we got a case of to trolls falling in love, i wonder what it looks like when two trolls 69

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I believe the first half your your post was correct, but we are here to do something other than realise freedom.

I heard one time that if any being discovers the meaning of the universe it will implode and start all over again as something completely new...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Yes! I agree with you!

The only thing that is true, is that which is true. Therefore the physical world AND the mind is true because they are both existent.

Truth = Reality = Existence = Being = Freedom

A quality of freedom is comfort (peace), if you feel uncomfortable, then you do not feel free, and this is why we usually go away from uncomfortable things. Fear, Anxiety, Panic, Discomfort, these are all qualities of not feeling free.

This is alway why some say that "the opposite of Love is Fear".

When you walk in comfort (peace) you have grace and you do not get beat up by the flow of life. This is why bad spirits do not move with grace.

When you move with the flow of life - there is comfort (peace). When you do not - there is discomfort.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Congratulations....

It is simple the purpose for life is to experience the self. The reason in life is to prepare to once again become part of the conglomerate.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
"You are part of my mind and I am part of yours and we share this mind, because it is one. "

Every time I hear this I think..."ok..so your saying your mind is the same as a pedophiles mind, a psychopaths or murderers or rapists mind too then? "

Really?

You cant just look at the pretty side of the tapestry....and if your going for the royal 'we' then you have to include the un-pretty too.

I believe we do have individual minds. To me, we are/ can be AS one mind but we are not just ONE mind.

Being AS one, is a HUGE contextual difference to being ONE...which for me, a survivor of the above mentioned assholes..isn't a promising prospective.

Ro

edit on 6-6-2012 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
Well, personally, i think the mystery of existence, or purpose of life, is to do the will of God, directly or indirectly, willingly or unwillingly. I think everything has been planned out. I think that predestination and free-will TECHNICALLY exist.

I believe the perception of free-will is merely an illusion; sure you can choose to do whatever you want, but, God is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. He knows everything from beginning to end, we are just experiencing from x to y. According to that logic, God KNOWS whatever choice that we take of the infinite possibilities there are, and knows what the outcome will be, therefore stringing another set of choices and consequences. So technically, everything in life has been planned, each and every second, because He just knows. I think that's why Christ puts so much emphasis on loving your neighbors and your enemies. Ever watched the movie Paying It Forward?

edit on 5-6-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

Not exactly. There are three parts to YOU or what you consider YOU. There is the lower self, the middle self and the higher self.

The higher self exists as a part of the conglomerate, all that is, God with a singular construct and is therefore outside of space/time. It also cannot function outside of God's will.

The middle self exists partially within your lower self's consciousness and mostly outside of it as well as outside of space/time and partially inside it. It is THIS self that has free will and is actually a self or experiencial self.

The middle self makes all of the choices you have ever made or ever will make. This self has already made all of these choices OUTSIDE of space/time.

The lower self is the portion of YOU (frequency of energy that can be defined as what you see as being the self) that is trapped within the corporeal form and has little control over anything.

The lower self can experience and can influence the middle self on a limited basis. You may think that the lower self has free will and chooses what happens but it doesn't.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Also, I would like to ask you, what do you think of the Heart? You say that the brain is like prison but the heart also has neurons and has an electro-magnetic field. It can think!

The heart is the first organ to be created when a person is born.

Scientists put to hearts together, and they started to beat at the same time...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

This does sound pretty close. Good job - I agree, and have read similar teachings before.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Nice concept...just one problem...we are not sufficiently evolved yet to break our chains. I consider myself to be a fairly smart guy. When I went to High School...everyone had to take 4 standard tests...an IQ test, an SAT, a Psychological Test and a Sociological Test.

I scored very high and I would have to say that I am no where near the intellect that it takes for one to break the bonds of Mind and Body. Tests in and of themselves are people who think they are smart...ways to Pigeon Hole individual thought and comprehension.

Case in point...I can't spell worth S#!%! I can never remember where I placed my Sunglasses or keys....but for whatever reason...I have a memory that is astounding when used for specific things. I score 174 on my IQ which is 12 points higher than Einstein...and a do love to debate and think about the possibilities of Divergent Alternate Universal Realities based of Probability and Cause and Effect which is driven by a build up of Quantum Particles within Protons and Neutrons as well as why Photons or Light which is a Quantum Particle behaves as both a Particle and Wave...and other stuff of that nature.

But I KNOW without a doubt of certainty...the Human Mind is not sufficiently evolved to a state to which we can even picture in our minds a object or figure that has 5 dimensional states. We can do things with Math that can REPRESENT our SPACE/TIME GEOMETRY...which is said to have at least 11 dimensional states...I think More...but we cannot even understand what GRAVITY IS.

Since no one has yet found a Graviton or Higgs-Boson Particle...even with the LHC Particle Accelerator...I will have to stick to Gravity being the expression of One Dimensionalty...that being that all Points of Position in the Universe as well as points of time re the same point in a One Dimensional Singularity...thus GRAVITY.

I have...despite my spelling...pondered just about everything and come up with this as an answer...WE ARE STILL JUST TO f#@%*&% stupid! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Freedom is... and there in that statement what ever your definition of freedom is lies your prison. And the edges of your definition are your prison walls and beyond that definition.... a new definition and new prison?

Freedom is everything and nothing as yet to be defined - that is my prison.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage
ur so smug.

i have died and seen the afterlife. i understand fully life's meaning and the purpose of every human being. and guess what ive come to decide. F*ck you all. work it out for your damn selves! you're not worth teaching with your judgemental smugness. everyone who comes to try to teach you. u mistreat, abuse and even kill. soo guess what.. suck my d*ck. because i am certainly not going to be the one to enlighten a bunch of worthless judgemental strangers. once i wanted to help but now.. u can all go to hell!

instead i choose to taunt you all for your limited understanding of life's mysteries. you all suck. are eternal stupid, ignorant hypocritical a-holes who think because u cant see something it isnt there, yet never took the time to search. good on you. envy those who accomplish understanding. but who laughs last laughs best. doubt me if you will.. only adds more to show that you dont know jack!

Hhmm... you sound like you've been to hell and back...literally. If you were truly aware of anything at least you would be aware of how you would be perceived to be without credibility by others... which clearly you are not. After your out burst, I doubt anyone would want to know about your personal journey or your conclusions. Its a vacuum of understanding and compassion so far... that's pretty bloody limited.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join