It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoying my Big Gulp and a smoke....come and get me Bloomberg!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I was torn between Rant and political conspiracy for this one....I am really po'd but I think it goes alot deeper than Hitler's minnie me Bloomberg here...

First of all...remember when the persecution of smokers started? Everyone jumped on the bandwagon....oh the evil smokers must go, shun them, hide them away, treat them like lepars !! Well, now the worm has turned...don't come looking for me to help save your trans fat, sugar, salt and big gulps...I will just blow smoke in your face. Told you so!!
We told you they only started with smokers because we were an easy target....now the demon knocked at the door and you invited him in...try getting rid of him.

This is just the beginning kiddies....Bloomberg is being used to get the country ready for Obamacare, cap and trade, UN gun ban and water rights control. Oh and wait until that nifty smart grid is up and running! Good times!!

This is what I don't get....the same government that brought you agent orange, thalidomide, flouride in the water, prohibition, the chevy volt etc.......you still trust with the everyday decisions of your life...eating, drinking, what lightbulbs you use n private property, what dr you can see, what car you can drive, soon how much electricity and water you can use, when you can wash your clothes......Obamacare will lead to mandatory exercise, rationing of food according to health standards, how long you can spend on your couch, anything that can affect healthcare costs.....sexual activity, where you travel.....

Think I'm overreacting?? Did you ever think the government would get way with telling you you couldn't have a big gulp anymore??

They used NYC...the biggest city in the US for a reason....no one would notice if it happened in Podunk, Nowhere.
But do it in NYC and no one fights back??? They just won again.

So again I say......I TOLD YOU SO!!!! And I laugh like all you non smokers did when they were attacking us....hope you enjoy your Brave New World.....

When you don't stick up for ALL freedom, even those freedoms you loathe, eventually they will get around to your freedoms....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ummmmm with over 1,000 votes they have to due each year it doesn't surprise me that more and more laws are passed that take away more and more of our Freedoms, just to accommodate the ones who are in office and can then rightfully plan what their next move is. Where as we people have to guess day to day what our rights are just so we don't get corn hole'd into submission.

Not to direct quote another ATS member but I recall that a Group of Baboons is also called a "Congress". Fitting don't you think for this.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I guess I missed something...
Did they ban big Gulps?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

It is amazing how many people still trust the goverment. So many will let it be dictated to them what there lives should be. What to eat, what to drive, how much you can us reguardless of wheather you can afford it are not.. People will not react until they get to the big things that affect them. The internet, are how many kids you can have. Sadly by then it will be to late.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
And what pray-tell moves this insanity along? Much power wielded by a relatively small group voted to power by the most vocal and reality-detached minority, who, when confronted with this madness, shruggs and and says, " I have nothing to hide (I don't drink soda) so it doesn't bother me..." or "It's for the children."

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

No sugary drinks over 16oz in NYC...big gulp is now a no no....

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If sugary drinks over 16oz are now banned in NY, is the sale of multiple smaller oz orders also banned?

Seems simple to me...... when a coffee shop does not have an extra large or jumbo coffee for me, I just purchase 2 of the regular size and go on my way.

To me, it seems like a pointless law, easily circumvented if you want a large drink. Is the separate sale of empty large cups also banned?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

That was my first thought also...all very good questions I wonder how Dictator Bloomberg is going to handle this?? Then there is black market sugary drinks and smuggling from Jersey and such.

Don't worry though, Cuomo's got your back...you won't get busted for having a joint...unless you light up in a non-smoking area, or is that only for tobacco?? I am so confused by lib logic, my head hurts.

And what are all these tokers going to do when all the junk food is gone? Much on carrot sticks?? Why can't I have my cig and a big gulp???? I don't want the pot!!!

Also interesting to see today that Disney is going to stop running ads for junk food on it's stations.....Walt was a big proponent of social engineering. Funny thing is Coke etc have a big presence in Dizzy World, so how for is all this craziness going to go?

Now it is going to put massive amounts of people out of work....unless they plan on employing them all as food police and organic juice bar baristas are something.

top topics

join