It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Edgar Mitchell "Aliens Exist & Government Cover Up is Real" - Fox News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There definately is something sinister in their reactions but these 3 are not intelligent enough to be aliens

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Moon Walking Bad For Mental Health

The worlds leading Psychologists today released a report stating that moon walking may be bad for your mental health. This shocking 600 page document is based on recent interviews given by former Astronot Edgar Mitchell. Mitchell was part of the 1971 Apollo 14 crew that landed on the moon. He along with team member Alan Shepard spent 9 hours and 17 minutes frolicking on the moon lifeless surface.

Dr Winston Petard vice chairman of the University of Atlantis department of Psychiatry said, "Moon walking for extended periods of time damages the human minds psychic ability to digest truth from fantasy. In Dr Mitchell's case, this has lead to grandiose statements about aliens and secret Moon bases."

Fitness groups have been critical of the report. Noted exercise guru and actress Jane Fonda claims the report is bogus. Fonda, who starred in the 1968 Sci-Fi movie Barbarella, said that, "Moon walking, especially at my age, is about all I can do. People may think I have been to the Moon but that's just another fiction."

At a peer review seminar at the University of Colorado at Boulder, Psychologist Dr. Simon Astorfloyd commented on the report, "This is some far out stuff man, I mean, whoa, aliens and like, little green men, this guy was an astronot and everything. I'm gonna quit moon walking and spend more time watching the X-Files."

Mitchell's former employer NASA refused to comment on the report. They directed any questions to their outpost "Pink Floyd" based on the dark side of the moon.

www.thespoof.com... [abridged]

edit on 6.6.2012 by bokonon2010 because: illustrated

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bokonon2010

I'm not sure what tests they did to prove this? Other than if they don't like his claims, he is mentally affected? Are all the other moon walkers insane also then by this rule of thumb?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Just to help you out a bit. Here's the source which you neglected to cite.
www.thespoof.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

lol
Yay Phage im proud of you for sticking up for the 'Loony' Astronaut

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Not all are bogus but most are. The Aldrin and Armstrong stories. Chatelain was never "chief of NASA Communications Systems ".

Others are out of context and/or omit pertinent facts.

edit on 6/6/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Seriously? Such 'articles' claiming 'research' about how something is harmful can be done about everything. From Coke and fries being harmful to another article on the next day saying them being useful. Paid articles about everything, internet is full of trash and needs to be limited for idiots posting such nonsense.

Hint, this one posting here is an obvious troll, you can judge by his NASA thread in the Space Exploration forum.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Mitchell is one of the greatest liars of all time.

In fact I would list him right up there with Armstrong, G W Bush, and Adolf Hitler. Calling him low life scum would be being too nice.

The guys a total fake..
edit on 6-6-2012 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That was helpful....but is there one on the list? that isnt proven bogus?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

He's just a believer and unfortunately does not bring anything more than anyone else would, however, who are you to call him a liar?

See, such guys who don't even know him trashtalk about some people. There is a difference between being a believer and lying purposly.

If he wanted to bring smth more, why isn't he doing something more than what everybody else does? And that is telling stories - making a difference by saying what he says? No.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

www.youtube.com...

not one but at least two ufo stories

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Slayton's story is the only one which really holds together as particularly interesting. Slayton himself said that his perceptions could have been off, that it could well have been a balloon. Brief discussion of it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Cooper was not a witness to the second incident which he talks about.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

Who am I to call him a liar? Just someone that knows the moon landing was faked. A better question is "Who is Edgar Mitchell"..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dear Phage

Correct however do you think he just posed this film away to the generals without viewing it first???????????????

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Do you think that the film crew would forget seeing the "craft" land (on tripod gear), take off, and leave at great speed?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Dear Phage

No I do not, the question is why would you ask?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Because members of the film crew reported none of those things.

Occasionally, one could argue, UFOs ought to come into areas where there were persons engaged in photographic work, who were trained to react a bit faster, and who would secure some photos. One such instance evidently occurred at Edwards AFB on the morning of 5/3/57. I have managed to locate and interview three persons who saw the resultant photos. The two who observed the UFO and obtained a number of photos of it were James D. Bittick and John R. Gettys, Jr, both of whom I have interviewed. They were at the time Askania cameramen on the test range, and spotted the domed-disc UFO just as they reached Askania #4 site at Edwards, a bit before 8:00 a.m. that day. They immediately got into communication with the range director, Frank E. Baker, whom I have also interviewed, and they asked if anyone else was manning an Askania that could be used to get triangulation shots. Since no other camera operators were on duty at other sites, Baker told them to fire manually, and they got a number of shots before the object moved off into the distance. Bittick estimated that the object lay about a mile away when they got the first shot, though when first seen he put it at no more than 500 yards off. He and Gettys both said it had a golden color, looked somewhat like an inverted plate with a dome on top, and had square holes or panels around the dome. Gettys thought that the holes were circular not square. It was moving away from them, seemed to glow with its own luminosity, and had a hazy, indistinct halo around its rim, both mentioned. The number of shots taken is uncertain; Gettys thought perhaps 30. The object was lost from sight by the time it moved out to about five miles or so, and they did not .see it again.

www.project1947.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCh0de
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

USA National security admits to it too "Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence"

www.nsa.gov...

The document you linked does not admit anything of the sort. This is straight-up misinformation you are spreading, and it really pisses me off. I shouldn't have to explain why in this case, as anyone who can understand English and who has read this document can understand.

Also, Dr. Mitchell does NOT KNOW THAT ALIENS ARE REAL. What he is saying is that he has been "told" things by ORDINARY PEOPLE, ranchers, farmers, and the like, as he grew up in Roswell, NM. It is very clear that he has zero firsthand knowledge or experience regarding aliens. I honestly believe that it is things like this that keep the aliens visiting earth myth alive. There are people out there who will actually believe this is proof. Or that the document talked about above is proof. None of this is proof in any sense of the word.

I'm sure there are aliens out there in the universe, but they are not, and have not visited earth. I am confident in asserting this because it is the only logical conclusion, even when people are seeing lights in the sky. They are government aircraft, for the most part, coupled with explained and unexplained/unknown natural phenomena, among other mundane explanations. Once you consider all of the things that could potentially explain sightings, from people lying to government projects, it becomes obvious that aliens are probably not here.

I will agree that it is possible for us to not have any evidence of aliens if they were visiting earth. This is understandable. But I just cannot buy it when there are so many terrestrial explanations for 99% of these occurrences. We will see in the future I'm sure, but I don't think the government could keep aliens from showing us they're here, if the aliens weren't trying to hide themselves.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wibble

Originally posted by JimOberg

- if anybody's story is never checked out, no matter who they are, it only remains a candidate UFO until it's been investigated and corroborated, isn't that true?

It actually remains a candidate UFO for anyone who didn't witness the specific UFO. Investigation and/or corroboration makes the candidate more likely to be a UFO at the most. I agree that at one point things become reasonable to assume,which is just as well, since absolute truths only belong in the irrational realm of religion.

Isn't that just an excuse NOT to do verification/corroboration research?

Why do you feel that way? Afraid of what such investigations might reveal?

In the two UFO stories told by Cooper, your initial principle that it DOES remain a UFO for anyone who witnessed it fails spectacularly, because ALL the OTHER witnesses in both cases who could be contacted [i.e., were still alive] recounted events significantly at variance with the stories cooper told.

So I guess you're saying, since you clearly WANT to believe Cooper's stories, is that it was NOT a UFO for anybody else who was there, but since it was a 'UFO' for Cooper -- and Cooper alone -- that still makes it a UFO.

At least, in the California case, NOT a UFO with tripod landing gear that set down on the ground and then flew off when Cooper's cameramen ran towards it. Everyone who was there, or who later checked the case, agree it wasn't that -- and they agree that Cooper was nowhere around, and that the report was properly filed with Blue Book [where it still resides].

You can't be trying to say that. Please clarify.
edit on 6-6-2012 by JimOberg because: typos

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join