It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Edgar Mitchell "Aliens Exist & Government Cover Up is Real" - Fox News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Apologies if posted before but thought I would share. Edgar Mitchell telling the Fox hounds about his belief that Roswell did in fact happen and is being covered up, whilst nothing new here, it's still interesting to note, how the folks on the show react.

Although, Dr. Mitchell won't reveal sources, I tend to think he has some valid points on what really happened in 1947. What's also interesting is that he doesn't believe NASA have anything to do with it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Very interesting to hear this coming from another NASA official.

I still want to see something with my own eyes, though! Thanks for sharing.

Peace.
edit on 5/6/12 by The Empty Skies because: typo

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

USA National security admits to it too "Communication with Extraterrestrial Intelligence"

www.nsa.gov...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Both of those guys sounded way to mocking to be asking he questions. It seemed like everything they said had this sarcastic undertone to it.

Loved listing to this though. Im glad this came from a Apollo 14 astronaut

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

At the end of the video he says this has nothing to do with NASA. He can't speak for NASA because he is not a NASA official, officially.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCh0de

Its material for a training exercise.

2nd.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I once spoke with Dr. Mitchell and found him to be an incredibly warm, genuine, and caring person. He told me that he spoke with people at Roswell who gave him their first hand accounts of the 1947 incident. What I found most interesting in my conversation with him is how he has a true kindness about him, and perspective that all life is interconnected.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This thread was a little mis-leading for me personally. It sounds as if Dr. Mitchell isn't sharing any direct first-hand experience of contact with aliens or UFO's.... he was sharing hearsay from residents of New Mexico who wanted to pass-on their local folklore before they died. As soon as the reporters figure that out, their whole tone changes and it becomes comical...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sol23

I've noticed this about much of the media. They're snotty, even to respected authorities.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltimateSkeptic1
I once spoke with Dr. Mitchell and found him to be an incredibly warm, genuine, and caring person. He told me that he spoke with people at Roswell who gave him their first hand accounts of the 1947 incident. What I found most interesting in my conversation with him is how he has a true kindness about him, and perspective that all life is interconnected.

I ditto that impression. Sweet man, imaginative and forward-looking.

And he was picked by Al Shepard to be his Lunar Module Pilot for one simple reason, Al revealed: "I wanted to come back."

Actually, Mitchell had earlier served on an Apollo backup crew where his commander was Gordon Cooper.

Boy, what I wouldn't have given to be a bug on the wall when THEY two started privately discussing thngs.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Many Astronouts have confirmed ufo sightings, and now one says that aliens are real.
So who do we believe?

The people that have been to space?

Or our Government?

I know who I choose to believe !!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey OP, I don't know if this has been posted before either. I was disturbed by the mocking and lack of respect for one of our astronauts. They seemed to want to dictate what the "creatures" should look like, too, and he wasn't taking the bait. "How nice that these 'little creatures' are here and that they are nice..." says the dude on the right (I don't watch this show so I don't know their names - sorry) at the very end right before it cuts off. They didn't talk about that in the clip, but a pop up underneath in writing says "Astronaut says: If hostile, we'd be gone." at the 30 second mark.

They wanted to be able to get information to back-up his story, which was part of the frustration I heard, which could fall under "hard hitting journalist asks questions" but how do they expect him to prove to them in four minutes or less that Roswell had a real live alien ship crash in the desert 60 years ago? I expected more respect for someone of Edgar Mitchell's status, period. He served his country and put his life on the line to explore space - he's see the earth from off planet, etc.

I do wish he had crafted his four minute story to include something the news hounds could hunt with, however, as given what he said, they could write him off as "old guy listening to crazy old people's stories and spreading them as if they were true." He needed some meat for them to chew on. So, score FOX for bullying a tough elder astronaut and mocking our visitors - classy!

(I had this image of visiting aliens coming to earth and doing "special reports" like Jacques Cousteau, for some reason - we could be awesome intergalactic Reality TV!! LOL!)
peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I really respect the men in the early programs like Apollo and Gemini. They were the best of the best and were very professional.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
Hey OP, I don't know if this has been posted before either. ...

That Brit interview that was mentioned was about four years ago. Is this anything new or just a re-tread?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaenau2000
Many Astronouts have confirmed ufo sightings, and now one says that aliens are real.
So who do we believe?

The people that have been to space?

Or our Government?

I know who I choose to believe !!!

Be a little cautious here -- so much of what the Internet SAYS that 'astronauts say' is dubious at best.

Double check it before you fall for the simplest of argumentative deceptions, the 'Appeal to Authority'.

Note that Mitchell DOES say that NASA astronauts did NOT encounter UFOs while he was there [1966-1973], and at NASA, at least, there were no restrictions on talking about the subject.

There IS a "Mitchell saw 'visitors' on the moon' myth going around the internet that he also has said is bogus, so be doubly careful.

ADD:

Here's the link to that story:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-6-2012 by JimOberg because: add link

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Mitchell handled himself well. He didn't let them dictate the direction of the interview. HE was in charge, which I thought was great.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blaenau2000

The problem is Ed Mitchell has been saying this stuff for years and yeah its cool to hear but its just more second hand testimony from unidentified sources , he's said many times that he's never seen anything himself .

What would be cool is if one day he came out and said that General X had given him such and such to release after his death and now he's gone here it is ... smoking gun .

Just a dream but we live in hope

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by blaenau2000

The problem is Ed Mitchell has been saying this stuff for years and yeah its cool to hear but its just more second hand testimony from unidentified sources , he's said many times that he's never seen anything himself .

What would be cool is if one day he came out and said that General X had given him such and such to release after his death and now he's gone here it is ... smoking gun .

Just a dream but we live in hope

Same here. My dream is that he tells us what he and Gordon Cooper discussed about UFOs when they were training on the Apollo-10 backup crew together.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think that now that is has been established that there are ufo, it's time to start finding out that there are differences in technological advancement amongst varying ETs. Some have thrusting under the craft as in the case of Lonnie Zamora, which displays a certain lack of advancement. Others absolutely no need for that.
Some study plants others study humans. Some have bulky uniforms some do not appear to have bulky head gear. This is truly one of the things that NEED to be studied big-time.

One would think that when you hear of indications of lack of advancement , bulky headgear, studying plants on the ground etc. That they could be from a closer planet etc.

When you hear of being abducted and loosing time, then maybe further away. There truly is indication of varying advancements amongst the ET races. Because there comes a time when we as an earth civilization will have to communicate and maybe co-exist whether we like it or not. If we come in cold, we could loose a lot of information.

I get a kick out of a future reality show I just browsed online that have it all thought out that they are going to mars and will video tape it as it happens as if they have it all analyzed that there is no beings underground on that planet. So ignorant I think.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Empty Skies
Very interesting to hear this coming from another NASA official.

I still want to see something with my own eyes, though! Thanks for sharing.

Peace.
edit on 5/6/12 by The Empty Skies because: typo

Edgar Mitchell is not a NASA official.
Between this and his organization for Noetic Science it puts Mitchell on the lunatic fringe at best.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join