venus transit, cellgrowth by electric fields, DNA and galactic core

page: 4
19
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by AussieAmandaC
 


In physics, "energy" is normally defined as:


In physics, energy (Ancient Greek: ἐνέργεια energeia "activity, operation"[1]) is an indirectly observed quantity. It is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems.[2][3] Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.


Energy



Forms Of Energy

Dark Energy is a hypothetical type of energy, meaning it's a possible explanation for an observed phenomenon, but not something that can be proven or tested.

Anyone can put forth a hypothesis, but that is all it will remain unless you can show repeatable test results proving it to be more than just a hypothesis. From there, peer review can repeat your tests, and if obtaining the same results or observations, it goes from the area of hypothesis to fact.


See?! You understand perfectly.

That was very helpful, thanks x
The Greeks were very clever at quantifying how to think weren't they


Do I have to wait for someone else to say it as fact before I accept it as true? I think not, I will make up my own mind thanks. Not based on someone who shoots down conversation for the sake of their own ignorance.

Do you think the planet is a living thing erik?




posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
Where is any evidence at all for this claim? Why say that when there is no effect or source or detection?


You're bizarre! There's no evidence at all that there's no mysterious energy. I mean we don't even understand Dark Matter yet do we? But it makes up around half the universe, or more? Aren't you allowed to be wrong or something?

You said there's no mysterious energy coming from anywhere, but you have no evidence for that claim at all. Just saying.

Again, I'm not supporting this thread, still haven't even read the OP properly yet, I just think some of you go way over the top being skeptical sometimes. I'm one of the people that respects skeptics btw, just don't think you help when you get into ott statements defending the "currently accepted" version of things.
edit on 7-6-2012 by robhines because: added



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by AussieAmandaC
 


In physics, "energy" is normally defined as:


In physics, energy (Ancient Greek: ἐνέργεια energeia "activity, operation"[1]) is an indirectly observed quantity. It is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems.[2][3] Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.


Energy



Forms Of Energy

Dark Energy is a hypothetical type of energy, meaning it's a possible explanation for an observed phenomenon, but not something that can be proven or tested.

Anyone can put forth a hypothesis, but that is all it will remain unless you can show repeatable test results proving it to be more than just a hypothesis. From there, peer review can repeat your tests, and if obtaining the same results or observations, it goes from the area of hypothesis to fact.


See?! You understand perfectly.

That was very helpful, thanks x
The Greeks were very clever at quantifying how to think weren't they


Do I have to wait for someone else to say it as fact before I accept it as true? I think not, I will make up my own mind thanks. Not based on someone who shoots down conversation for the sake of their own ignorance.

Do you think the planet is a living thing erik?


Depends on what you mean by a "living thing".

Do I believe that the Earth is a living, breathing life form as we have come to define life?

No.

Do I believe that the Earth resembles a life form due to the complex systems the planet has?

Yes, in many ways it does resemble one.

The Gaia Hypothesis has been around for a very long time. I can even remember a computer game, SimEarth that was based upon it.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC
 



ummm......(weird moment) YOUR posts on THIS thread, if anyone wants to check sources.
No personal attack, just an observation of your character.

No matter how you want to misrepresent your actions they are still off topic and personal attacks.


Energy?
You will have to provide for me sir, accreditation pertaining to this particular study and all relevant links pictures and explanations and history, since you're sticking your chin out as an expert and wanting to be the energy police.

If you don't feel the life in the planet how could you feel the energy of anything? and therefore know how to measure it?

As I suspected, your claim that the Earth is alive is some baloney you made up. You claim that this faux energy needs to be felt also shows that this is a baloney claim.

There are people that claim things can be felt that can't be detected through scientific means. That should remind us all of the n-rays fiasco and mesmerism.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC
 



That was very helpful, thanks x
The Greeks were very clever at quantifying how to think weren't they

Do I have to wait for someone else to say it as fact before I accept it as true? I think not, I will make up my own mind thanks. Not based on someone who shoots down conversation for the sake of their own ignorance.

Do you think the planet is a living thing erik?

The Greeks did not originate science. That happens in the 17th century.

No effort has been made at all to substantiate the fairy tale that the Earth is alive. No effort has been made to substantiate the fiary tale of energies. When confront with facts the close minded turn inward and shun facts.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines
 



You're bizarre! There's no evidence at all that there's no mysterious energy. I mean we don't even understand Dark Matter yet do we? But it makes up around half the universe, or more? Aren't you allowed to be wrong or something?


As you state there is no evidence for something mysterious so why speculate on that?

The idea of dark matter is a speculation but for a reason. It's not that there is no evidence that there is no dark matter.


You said there's no mysterious energy coming from anywhere, but you have no evidence for that claim at all. Just saying.

Actually I have the simple observation that there is no evidence for mysterious energy. Thus it does not exist.


Again, I'm not supporting this thread, still haven't even read the OP properly yet, I just think some of you go way over the top being skeptical sometimes. I'm one of the people that respects skeptics btw, just don't think you help when you get into ott statements defending the "currently accepted" version of things.

When you find some evidence for this mysterious gobbledygook you can get back to us. In the mean time there is a whole universe of interesting things to consider rather than mysterious undetectable, unknowable gobbledygook.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
You're bizarre!


Au contraire, mon ami!


There's no evidence at all that there's no mysterious energy


There is no evidence that T-rex does not live in the woods two miles north from my village. You, however, insist that we declare said woods protected area because it harbors rare species.

Sheesh.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
When you find some evidence for this mysterious gobbledygook you can get back to us. In the mean time there is a whole universe of interesting things to consider rather than mysterious undetectable, unknowable gobbledygook.


Nice try, not biting though, sorry!


Originally posted by buddhasystem
There is no evidence that T-rex does not live in the woods two miles north from my village. You, however, insist that we declare said woods protected area because it harbors rare species.

Sheesh.


And a straw man too! You guys need to work on your tag team tactics more. Have fun in your boxes.
edit on 7-6-2012 by robhines because: added



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Nice try, not biting though, sorry!


I don't care whether you bite. You are saying that anyone who's saying that the idea of spaghetti monsters populating the center of Hollow Earth is bullsh!t needs their head to be examined, because no one has ever visited the center of the Earth. Enough said.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines
 


It never ceases to amaze me how ineptly people can formulate an argument. The claim of a straw man argument falls flat on its face. Then the reference to Dark Matter is wrong since there is some evidence suggesting the existence of the dark matter.

As I stated before there is no mysterious energy. If there were there must be some evidence for it.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by robhines
Nice try, not biting though, sorry!


I don't care whether you bite. You are saying that anyone who's saying that the idea of spaghetti monsters populating the center of Hollow Earth is bullsh!t needs their head to be examined, because no one has ever visited the center of the Earth. Enough said.


Straw man again, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that it's worth keeping an open mind about currently unknown energies being present in the universe that we might come into contact with and/or recognise one day.

So you're the one creating fictitious arguments, stereologist is saying that because he/she doesn't know of something it doesn't exist, not me. You're sounding like a pair of clowns to be honest, and you'd think I was defending the OP the way you're both going at me. Why bother? You're making people less likely to believe you when you have valid arguments.


Originally posted by stereologist
The claim of a straw man argument falls flat on its face.


No it doesn't, buddhasystem is creating arguments supposedly from me that I didn't even say anything of.


Originally posted by stereologist
As I stated before there is no mysterious energy. If there were there must be some evidence for it.


Not if we don't have the right tech/intelligence. (yet.) If that were true it'd mean everything that's ever been discovered only started existing the instant we discovered evidence of whatever it was. There'd be no such thing as discovery in that case, only creation.
edit on 7-6-2012 by robhines because: added



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by robhines

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by robhines
Nice try, not biting though, sorry!


I don't care whether you bite. You are saying that anyone who's saying that the idea of spaghetti monsters populating the center of Hollow Earth is bullsh!t needs their head to be examined, because no one has ever visited the center of the Earth. Enough said.


Straw man again, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that it's worth keeping an open mind about currently unknown energies being present in the universe that we might come into contact with and/or recognise one day.


What exactly does having an open mind have to do with this pile of cr@p in the OP of this thread?


now
this is EXACTLY what is about to happen, these days -

this incoming energy from the galactic centre will cause a ' extension ' of the human dna,
as in 'longer working sequences '
- not to make the human size larger, but to ' activate long-dormant sequences '



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines
 



Straw man again, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that it's worth keeping an open mind about currently unknown energies being present in the universe that we might come into contact with and/or recognise one day.

I have never stated that there was no possibility that evidence would present itself to suggest a different energy in the universe. What I stated is that there is no mysterious energy.


So you're the one creating fictitious arguments, stereologist is saying that because he/she doesn't know of something it doesn't exist, not me. You're sounding like a pair of clowns to be honest, and you'd think I was defending the OP the way you're both going at me. Why bother? You're making people less likely to believe you when you have valid arguments.

Where is the evidence for the earlier claim that mysterious energies are affecting the planets? Maybe you could read the thread and get in synch with others.

Your claims remind me of second graders I sometimes teach. You just look and wonder when they will figure things out. These kids change by the third grade in which they begin to have a better understanding of the world around them. By the fourth grade mysterious energies, the Easter bunny, and Santa are replaced with questions about how we find something tangible to study.


There's no evidence at all that there's no mysterious energy.

This is what you wrote. It is a terrible sentence which makes me laugh at its ludicrous nature.

And yes the T-Rex argument follows from your absurdity.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by robhines
 


Your claims remind me of second graders I sometimes teach. You just look and wonder when they will figure things out. These kids change by the third grade in which they begin to have a better understanding of the world around them. By the fourth grade mysterious energies, the Easter bunny, and Santa are replaced with questions about how we find something tangible to study.


Well said, props. My daughters, 4 and 6, are past the Santa stage, actually. Smart kids, to be sure.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
What exactly does having an open mind have to do with this pile of cr@p in the OP of this thread?


now
this is EXACTLY what is about to happen, these days -

this incoming energy from the galactic centre will cause a ' extension ' of the human dna,
as in 'longer working sequences '
- not to make the human size larger, but to ' activate long-dormant sequences '



Knowing that you don't consciously know one way or the other about it, so you just have to wait and see? We know very little about the way the universe and ourselves actually work. What many people do though is attack as if knowing what's going to happen. In this case nothing will happen if you're right, which is usually the case, but I don't think it's right to pretty much attack people for keeping an open mind.

And we don't fully understand DNA either, what if "junk" DNA becomes active to varying degrees at some point in certain people, or it happens on a huge scale at some point? You never know what will happen basically, that's all I'm saying.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
What I stated is that there is no mysterious energy.


I think that's a terrible sentence too, so no probs at all! Mysterious to me means unknown. Are you going to define your definition of mysterious, or should I just leave my own straw man and say you're stating there's no unknown energies in the universe, simply because you said so?
edit on 7-6-2012 by robhines because: added



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines
 



We know very little about the way the universe and ourselves actually work. What many people do though is attack as if knowing what's going to happen. In this case nothing will happen if you're right, which is usually the case, but I don't think it's right to pretty much attack people for keeping an open mind.

That is not what happened. Maybe you were so busy making up odd and poorly written statements such as 'There's no evidence at all that there's no mysterious energy" that you missed the statement about ysterious energy altogether.

Before we go there let's look at your wacko statement.

How do you know this? Did you go out in a ship and check everywhere? I appreciate some of you helping to keep things real, but by stretching to this degree, bold statements like that, it no longer makes any rational sense. We have no idea what all of the different types of energy actually are out there, because it's highly likely we've got no method for detecting them all yet. We're probably like kids playing with toys when it comes to our scientific understanding, and it might be a long while yet before we fully understand what's really happening.

So there could be many, many energies out there, that to us, at least for the time being, are still mysterious


Here you are asking did I look for evidence.

Here is what I wrote.

There are no mysterious energies coming from the other planets or anywhere else.

Obviously I am talking about specific claims made by someone else.

So let's go to the origin of all of this.

As for the chems, they are used to diffuse and scatter the energy we interact with coming from the sun, planets, galaxies etc. As the OP pointed out, that energy is forcing change upon the planet and certain folks are not keen on the change at all, they like their slaves devoted to religious realities, science realities and so on and they seek to keep their cattle in place. By blocking the altering energies, and then feeding countering energies in place, they hope to stop the changes happening to us. It will fail, but it is fun to see them put so much energy into the system of control and to see how many people love their prison cell so much they'll defend the actions of their own oppressors to the death.


So there it is a specific claim of evidence for mysterious energies and then you come careening in here with some whimsical and poorly written straw man argument.

You might want to look up things like the contrapositive and rework your statement to remove the negatives.

So please read the thread before careening off topic next time.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
So there it is a specific claim of evidence for mysterious energies and then you come careening in here with some whimsical and poorly written straw man argument.

You might want to look up things like the contrapositive and rework your statement to remove the negatives.

So please read the thread before careening off topic next time.


Haha, so now I'm doing the straw man! Ok, I'm bored now.

There's no mysterious energies anywhere, ok. Have fun in the future!



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines
 



Haha, so now I'm doing the straw man! Ok, I'm bored now.

There's no mysterious energies anywhere, ok. Have fun in the future!

Thanks for confirming that you were spouting without reading the thread. It helps to know the topic.

After labeling my statements bizarre and closed minded I hope you learned the lesson of being open minded when conversing.



posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Knowing that you don't consciously know one way or the other about it, so you just have to wait and see? We know very little about the way the universe and ourselves actually work. What many people do though is attack as if knowing what's going to happen.


Wrong again. See my T-rex analogy. Until I see the T-rex in my neighborhood, I (and most sane people I know) would assume that it's plain stupid to say "oh well, maybe there is a T-rex in the woods at exit 62, let's call the police".

And regarding knowledge -- what little precious we do know about our Universe (and it's actually not that little), is due to rigorous thinking, critical thinking and scientific method -- which does not accept random statements based on a whim as worth considering even for a split second. Wait, Elvis was an alien. Right?





new topics
top topics
 
19
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join