It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child KIller to Receive Supervised and Unsupervised Outings From Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This is another example of the Canadian court system being a complete joke. I believe in rehabilliation, and forgiveness,but no matter how sorry or crazy you may have been at the time of committing a crime you should be held accountable.

Child killer Turcotte to get supervised outings

Guy Turcotte, the former Quebec cardiologist who killed his two young children in February 2009, will be held at Montreal's Pinel psychiatric institute for at least six more months.
Turcotte will also be allowed supervised outings for the next three months, and then unsupervised visits for the two months after that.

Turcotte has been detained at the psychiatric facility since being found not criminally responsible for the homicides by a jury in 2011.

He, his lawyers and several experts have appeared before a mental health review board at Pinel several times since, and the board rendered its decision regarding a potential release Tuesday morning.
Turcotte admitted he stabbed his children, Anne-Sophie, 3, and Olivier, 5, in a rented home north of Montreal

He killed his wife and children and he will so be granted unsupervised outings. I know of people who have commited much lesser crimes who do not receive these outings. I have been following this case ever since it happened and I had an idea that this would eventually occur. The Canadian court system needs to establish some global consistency. With the new Conservative Crime Bill coming out there will be mandatory sentences for many crimes that most of us would consider to be minor, meanwhile a murderer can be released into society.

I'm not saying that this man does not deserve a chance at rehabilliation, but murder is the most gruesome crime imaginable and should be punished to the fullest extent.

Am I the only person that believes this is unfair? Sure, the psychiatrists no longer consider him a threat, but he killed his family so he gets no sympathy from me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
He needs to join his Wife and Children he killed...JMOHO....

Des

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I have usually been against the death sentence, but cases like this do cause me to reconsider my stance on capital punishment. I'm just sickened that he will soon be walking the streets unsupervised.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I have usually been against the death sentence, but cases like this do cause me to reconsider my stance on capital punishment. I'm just sickened that he will soon be walking the streets unsupervised.

So am I....but, when innocent children are killed by their own father...then all bets are off.

He deserves what he gave them. He was the one person who should have been there to protect them from someone just like him.

Des

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I suspect this (killer) has some very powerful (hidden friends) in high places....who are pulling strings (behind the scenes) for him to eventually get his freedom.

I am just wondering...will he kill again?

edit on 5-6-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You do make a very good point.

"What goes around, comes around" certainly should apply in this situation.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

One of my first concerns was also what will happen if his next relationship goes sour. Will he kill his family again in a fit of rage then plead insanity. I believe people should be held accountable for their actions and this man is getting off pretty easy if you ask me.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Thats...strange. The kind of crazy that allows you to commit 3 murders should be the kind of crazy to see you in a lockdown unit with bars behind 4 inch plexiglass windows while you wear paper clothing and paper underwear as you watch reruns of "I love Lucy".
edit on 5-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They can't do that in the US because we have rifles.
Doesn't Canada?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Vince Li, Allan Schoenborn, the list if you dig deep just grows and makes me sick.

The NCR ruling needs to be abolished from our criminal justice system, these people are murderers in the worst way. Not only did they murder, but killed children, Schoenborn stabbing to death as well as smothering one or two of his children. Now this P.O.S. want to be free in my neighborhood. And the bleeding hearts and David Eby will be all over pleading his case.

Makes me absolutely sick when people who commit offenses that harm no one, get multiple yrs (minus time served, another stupid idea) and rot away in prisons for say cultivation, or some other outdated archaic rule breaking.

Yet "MURDERERS" can walk free on a mental evaluation, just the stupidest rulings come out of our courts.

And yes we have plenty of rifles in Canada, and plenty of people who are down right opposed to these releases, really hope concerned citizens can put a stop too it, or cause a big enough fuss to make all these lowest of the low feel very unwelcome, and not wanted everywhere they go.

I will for what I can, make sure I do everything within the law, and my power to do so.... since one of these A-holes wants to be able to go to my local shopping centre and starbucks, cause he feels he has paid his debt to society.

We need reform up here real bad, and some judges with balls to look past the charade the court appointed idiots put forth and lock up these people for good.

Death Penalty anyone..... I'll vote for it in extreme cases.....

SaneThinking

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
They can't do that in the US because we have rifles.
Doesn't Canada?

May I please ask what that's actually supposed to mean?

Sorry, just wondering.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I firmly believe the "temporary insanity" defense is massively overused.

He killed his family - how can he not be criminally responsible?

Psychiatrists need to justify their paychecks so need to keep coming up with new maladies. This guy is probably going to be laughing all the way to his freedom, when he should have been thrown in the deepest, dankest hole in Canada and forgotten about. He's not criminally responsible which I believe means that he won't even get a criminal record after killing his family.

I think MANY "illnesses" attributed to psychiatric disorders are simply done that way because people can't condone the idea that someone could have done something so horrible so therefore they MUST have been insane at the time.

It's time that we hold people accountable for their actions, even if they are insane, mentally ill, or any other excuse they may have.

If he can't be held criminally responsible, how is he being allowed back out to decent society when under the same set of circumstances he would probably do the same thing?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

He Killed 2 innocent kids he deserves to rot in prison
edit on 5-6-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321

He Killed 2 innocent kids he deserves to rot in prison
edit on 5-6-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

I agree, he doesn't deserve any freedom at all.

Sadly this happens quite often in Canada

top topics

join