It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leonardo Da Vinci: The Extra-Dimensional Messenger

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Great thread man, i definitely believe this, pay no attention to the close minded, they chose to remain ignorant and see the world through their narrow mindedness.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As cool as they are... I'd like to see you do a couple paintings from Michelangelo and Corregio... Phage's fish example was too different in style and subject. I think there is mysticism in symmetry (yin-yang) regardless of what is being mirrored. Any aesthetically pleasing thing when mirrored looks a bit alien and the fact that all the faces in the images you've chosen have been ingrained in most Western folks minds as holy, religious images makes these all the more specious.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I feel like a skeptic. I did this the other day, on my cell phone. With a picture of my son. There is nothing fancy about doing what you did with those pictures. It will always come out fre(y, spooky and eerie.. But its called symmetry. It happens. I had done it with my sons pic and he turned into a big headed, one eyed alien. Woopty do.... Eta.. And wen do we accept photoshop as a means to uncover a secret or conspiracy?
edit on 6-6-2012 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

One of my favorite paintings is Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel ceiling.

www.svcc.edu...

Its *the* one to many Allegory that gets recycled so often in Italian art.

The crowd is so large over on the right side of the ceiling that some of them are bound to be Gay and wouldn't dream of making "Contact".

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

I always thought his painting at the Sistine Chapel looked like a brain sliced in half through the corpus collosum and while looking for an image of it to put on this post I found someone else did too:

ideonexus.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

In "The World View of Rembrandt", Jane Roberts channels an entity which claims that Da Vinci was capable of seeing the past and the future as clearly as his present, which made being in the present boring for him and which gave him glipses of future inventions on which he based many of his drawings.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

I think you're putting more to it than what it is. Anyone can make a picture look odd by flipping the image and altering it. Anyone with photoshop. There is nothing significant about what you've done.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ultimatefighter2014

It's not about being close minded. It's called being rational and not being so gullible.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is by far the most amazing thing I have seen in quite awhile...the last one from the OP is absolutely mind-melting...Especially when you consider the face is almost identical to the being in a previous painting

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

These kinds of threads can get real sloppy and misinterpreted because there is no shared paradgm that's the problem.

Maybe Phage was ordering a bucket of chicken?

--

"Caddy smelled like trees and like when she says we were asleep."

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Saw this exact thing on a television show about Divinci's work a couple months ago. If you align your Madonna picture a bit better, that face in the middle really ends up looking like a classic Grey Alien.

Forgot the show. History channel or A&E it was on I believe, was a small section while they were discussing DiVinci.

*EDIT* It was Ancient Aliens I missed Mruss's post near the bottom of the 2nd page. Yea they were pointing out the Alien grey in a mirrored Madonna painting then did some other DaVinci paintings as well.

But I think many pictures, or people when mirrored would show some odd things. Phage shows that. But if it interests you, go for it. But personally I don't think DaVinci left images to be found in this manner. just mho of course.

Not saying DiVinci wasn't way ahead of his time and a genius if there ever was one. As an artist myself, I've admired his work for a long time. His anatomical drawings are just amazing, his paintings..astonishing and he had to use mirrored or backward writing or whatever to hide alot of his work from the church at the time iirc. Not to mention the inventions he was designing as well so ahead of the time. Amazing mind no doubt.

Good thread.

edit on 6-6-2012 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Something to consider...he drew and painted all of these by hand...part of the trick though is that he used sacred geometry to create the templates for most of his creations...I think this explains some of the more dramatic effects...but please keep in mind he still did this all by hand with only his mind to guide him...PERIOD!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tanulis

Interesting images, but I think you are doing it wrong. Any mirrored image will create an interesting illusion of something strange, however if you manipulate the photos correctly, and split and move them in just the right way, something undeniable presents itself.....

I believe that Leonardo was presenting the idea of "two-in-one" or composite portraits.
Male and female in one image.
Who are they?
That's up to speculation.
Why?
Perhaps sacred knowledge of the true human, of (Jesus) Christ, neither he nor she, or both in one.

The ultimate in my opinion is the "Salvatore Mundi", or "Savior of the World"....

The Salvatore Mundi is undeniable to me, why would each half of the original create such different images?
There are clearly two distinct people represented in this image.

(and yes I know there is a typo in there "Trinity" is not spelled "Trimity"

Peace

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Leonardo Da Vinci was left handed, in a time when left handedness was proclaimed by the Vatican to be of the 'devil'. Those born left handed were commonly forced to use their right hands.

Here is a small bit of information relating to his career. The why's of 'what' he drew or painted, and maybe something to account why some of his work was left unfinished, (I believe due to the church, or need for actual income)
***************************** below from wicopedia

Growing up in his father's Vinci home, Leonardo had access to scholarly texts owned by family and friends. He was also exposed to Vinci's longstanding painting tradition, and when he was about 15 his father apprenticed him to the renowned workshop of Andrea del Verrochio in Florence. Even as an apprentice, Leonardo demonstrated his colossal talent. Indeed, his genius seems to have seeped into a number of pieces produced by the Verrocchio's workshop from the period 1470 to 1475. For example, one of Leonardo's first big breaks was to paint an angel in Verrochio's "Baptism of Christ," and Leonardo was so much better than his master's that Verrochio allegedly resolved never to paint again. Leonardo stayed in the Verrocchio workshop until 1477 when he set up a shingle for himself.

In search of new challenges and the big bucks, he entered the service of the Duke of Milan in 1482, abandoning his first commission in Florence, "The Adoration of the Magi". He spent 17 years in Milan, leaving only after Duke Ludovico Sforza's fall from power in 1499. It was during these years that Leonardo hit his stride, reaching new heights of scientific and artistic achievement.

The Duke kept Leonardo busy painting and sculpting and designing elaborate court festivals, but he also put Leonardo to work designing weapons, buildings and machinery. From 1485 to 1490, Leonardo produced a studies on loads of subjects, including nature, flying machines, geometry, mechanics, municipal construction, canals and architecture (designing everything from churches to fortresses). His studies from this period contain designs for advanced weapons, including a tank and other war vehicles, various combat devices, and submarines. Also during this period, Leonardo produced his first anatomical studies.

Alas, Leonardo's interests were so broad, and he was so often compelled by new subjects, that he usually failed to finish what he started. This lack of "stick-to-it-ness" resulted in his completing only about six works in these 17 years, including "The Last Supper" and "The Virgin on the Rocks," and he left dozens of paintings and projects unfinished or unrealized.......

so you see, I think Leonardo was not necessarily gifted with outright Genius but rather somewhat forced into the interests of the time such as weapons, and on his own, might or likely would have been uninterested.
I think he was also lured by promises of 'wealth' or big pay, that prevailed on his direction in art. Very skilled....yes, Clever.....yes, cultivating the monetary possibilities.... yes, using that cleverness and a certain knowledge of methodologies that were known by only an exclusive few...... likely. Human like all the rest of us..... yes. Necessity is the mother of invention, and I think it true in Leonardo's time. Deeper mysteries in his paintings....... perhaps, though I feel not to such a degree as some would wish to convey. To focus so narrowly on one of his abilities and dismiss or minimalize the rest would not give the real picture of who and what Leonardo was.
edit on 6-6-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My grandchildren gave me a "smart phone" as a gift last year, I was amazed with the capabilities and qualities of the camera.

One of the options is the "mirror effect" which will symmetrically duplicate any picture you take, creating a mirror image. I played around with it, taking pictures of everyday plants and trees in my backyard and every picture came out looking like there was a demon, or mother nature like entity made up of combining the imagery.

Actually made for some neat framed photos, and conversation starters.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
These are some great contributions, thanks so much for adding more information for me to research!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I too watched the Ancient Aliens show regarding DaVinci. I found it quite interesting that there were years missing in his biography. Where was he?? Is it not possible that he was an abductee or something else? The scope of his talent went far beyond the times he lived in.....He was a genius and gifted with foresight no other human in that time could perceive of.....

S&F for post

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Yes, he went missing from 1476 to 1478, I could guess that he was granted massive information and excelled as an artist/intellectual exponentially over that time, yet came back and had his hands tied on what he could produce as an artist. He's brilliant enough to paint what he wants, and still paint what the church wants..

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by internationalcriminal
reply to post by Infi8nity

In response to your question, "How could these be mirrored without computers", I suggest thinking a little bit about the verb "to mirror". Wouldn't be difficult at all to do.

-IC

Then using technology of the time how would you do it? You have to make half of the image transparent. Not only that, their would have to have been clues left to tell us to do this.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

You could sketch another copy of the same size on transparent paper and layer it over the in-progress painting to create a shape of another creature.. feasibly.. if you were smart enough.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join