It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Storm Ring" around the Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My wife and I were driving into work this morning and we took these pictures. We thought we'd share. I have seen plenty of "storm rings" around the Moon, but never around the Sun. These were taken at about 6:30am MDT in Colorado, and the ring is apparently still visible at 9:00am. Anyway, just thought you guys might like them. I wish the quality was better, but they were taken with a cell phone...and a crappy one at that.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here is my thread from yesterday. Pretty cool stuff.

Check out the sun!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your link. It's awesome that this is being seen in a lot of places. I'm nearly 40 and haven't seen one (at least not that I can recall).

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Not a bad photo for a cell phone. I have never heard this called a "storm ring" before, but it is an apt name. The phenomenon is caused by sunlight bouncing off ice crystals high in the atmosphere, usually when a low pressure system is moving in. Hence, they usually precede storms. Thank you for sharing, and especially thank you for not claiming it is Niburu or a sign of the Apocalypse! Star and flag.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

From what my mom tells me, the people from "long ago" used the "storm ring" around the Moon as a form of meteorology to predict an oncoming storm, since the conditions that caused it would be pressure changes, ice crystals, etc. Long before Doppler RADAR and satellites, they used signs like that.
It resembled what I've always called storm rings around the Moon, so that's why I called it that.

As for Niburu or the Apocalypse, that's won't come from me. Mainly, because I don't care. I get about 100 years maximum. That's not even measurable within the life of the universe. That being said, I was dead the moment I was conceived. Life is fatal, and we're all in our own "end times". Woot!

top topics

join