It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frank Lloyd Wright Mausoleum ... Possibly coded?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I recently went and saw the Blue Sky Mausoleum designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. ITs an amazing piece of work and it bears the Memorial:
"...A BURIAL FACING THE OPEN
SKY...THE WHOLE COULD NOT
FAIL OF NOBLE EFFECT...."

FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT
ARCHITECT 1928

for reference see blueskymausoleum.com

i first noticed that the last ellipsis has an extra dot.... and surely a mausoleum of such expense and importance any mistake would be rectified. There are 12 "steps" (they are actually tombs) leading up to the headstone. If youll notice the quoted memorial has 14 words with a total of 56 letters.... It just seems to me that the numbers 3, 4, 7, 8, are all recurring... just me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... as well if you have any question of myself feel free to ask!

the quote itself was taken off of the original drawing for the mausoleum.... it was originally supposed to House the Darwin Families corpses but Mr Darwin bankrupted and the tomb wasnt built until 2004

another interesting bit about Mr Wright ... his second wife was murdered along with 6 others by a disgruntled servant.

The man that the mausoleum was designed for went broke during the stock market crash. Even though FLW owed Darwin roughly 70000 dollars it was never payed back. And upon mr Darwins death mr Wright said "I've lost my best friend" a bit odd dont you think?

Ive tried a few things ... each 7th letter forward and back actually looks promising but i cant unscramble it

ALFTHSKHOLDILLET

I also have been searching for the original design from FLW to Mr Darwin. I unfortunately cannot find it.

oh yes and i almost forgot!! there is a design of large squares and small squares that form a border along the bottom... there are 29 small squares and 31 large squares... not exactly sure if it has relevance but with such odd numbers i would assume they do

edit on 5-6-2012 by conspiracyrus because: added more info

edit on 5-6-2012 by conspiracyrus because: more info

edit on 5-6-2012 by conspiracyrus because: even more info

edit on 5-6-2012 by conspiracyrus because: now with more information than ever

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Alright then here is a list of numbers that seem significant in the work

3-number of ellipsis in quote
4-number of benches surrounding headstone
7- 3+4, 2 sets of 7 words in quotes, 8 sets of 7 letters
8- 8x7=56,
12-number of steps used in monument, total number of punctuation marks
14-words in quote
29-number of small squares
31-number of large squares
56-total letters in quote

edit on 5-6-2012 by conspiracyrus because: updating

edit on 5-6-2012 by conspiracyrus because: info

edit on 5-6-2012 by conspiracyrus because: more info

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is probably the weakest post I've ever made, accept my apologies in advance.

The Chicago Manual of Style suggests the use of an ellipsis for any omitted word, phrase, line, or paragraph from within a quoted passage. There are two commonly used methods of using ellipses: one uses three dots for any omission, while the second one makes a distinction between omissions within a sentence (using three dots: . . .) and omissions between sentences (using a period and a space followed by three dots: . ...). An ellipsis at the end of a sentence with no sentence following should be preceded by a period (for a total of four dots).

www.ask.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

well that certainly bursts my bubble! I mean not entirely :p I would love to see the original quote to see whats omitted. thanks for shedding light on the ellipsis mystery though!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

the quote itself was taken off of the original drawing for the mausoleum.... it was originally supposed to House the Darwin Families corpses but Mr Darwin bankrupted and the tomb wasnt built until 2004

According to www.blueskymausoleum.com... : The name of Mr. Wright's friend was Darwin D. Martin. For some reason, as I was reading your post, I was thinking of Charles Darwin (father of evolution). Darwin Martin was secretary of the Larkin Soap Company. Big difference. Yes, I realize that Charles Darwin died some 40 years before this was designed, but I saw "Mr. Darwin" and thought....well, never mind. Anyway, not the same guy.

I'm not sure I see a code here, but that could be my own limitation concerning numbers. However, it is an interesting story, and quite an interesting design. Sleek, elegant, and large but not ostentatious.

Perhaps if Mr. Wright was into spiritualism (very big in the early part of the 20th century), there may be a code designed into his creation, because it is a resting place for the dead.

I see that Forest Lawn Cemetery in Buffalo, NY went ahead and built it, and there are 24 crypts for sale. I'll bet it is an expensive resting place!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

lol my bad im t fried i forgot his last name was martin... yes Darwin D Martin

Also I've heard tell he was a freemason? anyone know anything about?

edit on 5-6-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The letters can be rearranged to spell:

"Hell Shaft, Kill Dot"

Was his second wife's nickname "Dot"?

Here's the story about the murder

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

thanks for the link and an unscramble!... though i think any message on this would be pretty clear. FLW did believe "Form and Function as one"

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting story as the only one similar I ever heard was of a plaque in
front of a stature of Shakespeare that was an anagram re arranged to
sound like Marlowe or someone else wrote the praise of Shakespeare
but his work was from another writer. This was done by a complete
rearrangement of the letters.
www.marlovian.com...
www.marlovian.com...
www.marlovian.com...

Thus this:

GOOD FREND FOR JESVS SAKE FORBEARE,
TO DIGG THE DVST ENCLOASED HEARE!
BLESTE BE YE MAN YT SPARES THES STONES,
AND CVRST BE HE YT MOVES MY BONES

becomes:

BENEATH YE CLOSE FIND MARLOVES VERSE,
NEAR SHAKESPEARES DVSTY BONES,
O YT BRAGGART JESTE OF GODD BE CVRSD!
HE YTS ENTOMBED OF THESE STONES.

That was the start of many anagrams found.
See SONNET 116 BY WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
www.marlovian.com...

1 & 2
Let me not to the marriage of true mindes Admit
impediments, loue is not loue
becomes
Sea-demon Marlouue penn'd this. I got it al t' fit rite, see, 'n'
rime, too! U led m-me to m–

However with the re arranger having the mission to praise Marlowe might bias the outcome.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

Wonder if having the money for servants or projects are non blessings.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rothschild heiress's marriage to Goldsmith scion is over, after she falls for a rapper called Jay E
www.dailymail.co.uk...

She has the money to spend on the band but will it bring happiness.
Some poster in that thread see trouble ahead.

new topics

top topics

join