It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Stop, Handcuff Every Adult at Intersection in Search for Bank Robber

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpsreporter
reply to post by rival

I get the feeling that a good portion of the people on this thread praising and supporting the police action are simply "Shills" getting paid to support the system no matter the cost.

I won't deny there are some misguided minds who might actually believe the cops were justified, but those people just probably don't understand the value of real freedom anyway.

I dunno whats better/worse, that we have so many Shills or that we have so many who are too ignorant with freedom to realize the wrongness of the police in this situation?

I think the people who regard this police action as justifiable are doing to some degree out of
convenience---the suspect was captured, no person was harmed... the ends justify the means.

This absolves them from the burden of actually having to think about it....or feel about it...

"...ahhhh...these chains of freedom are such a burden..."

edit on 6-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
reply to post by Masterjaden

Yes, it was both a violation and risky in my opinion. I've kind of gone off on a tangent about the reckless endangerment aspect.

I dunno...I still like the reckless endangerment aspect.

If we find that we're not able to stop the government's inroads into our freedoms, perhaps we can
at least put a halt the criminality aspect of it.

I think it's really interesting, and I would LOVE to see this criminal charge brought...
edit on 6-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The sheeple are apparent in this thread. I don't worry about it though. I know what I have to do for myself and my family when "that" time comes. And the non-sheeple know exactly what I mean.

It will most likely soon turn to the natural order of life on planet earth. The weak people will not survive, only the strong will.

The sheeple currently in the U.S of A will equate to the weak when that time comes.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Only in Amerika.
Sorry about your luck folks.
Welcome to 1984

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by Xcathdra

The search was by consent...

Complete and utter bovine excrement! Being pulled out of the car and hand cuffed then asked if you consent to be searched is coercion by fear and intimidation pure and simple!

The roablock stopped every car meeting established criteria...

That is the most ridiculous absurd BS I have ever heard! Yeah we don't know what he looks like and he is in a car at the intersection but we don't know what the car looks like either. Thats like having someone murdered in your nieghborhood and getting a tip the murderer is in one of the houses; we don't know which one or what he looks like and the cops simply going door to door and pulling each inhabitant out of their house handcuffing them and searching every house with supposed probable cause. let me just puke at such idiotic BS!

The armed bank robber was among those 19 cars that were stopped....

Yeah so as a typical cop in your mind that justified violating the rights of the people in the other 18 cars... Sigh! And you wonder why cops get so much hate... Why don't we just do random house to house searches I am sure we could turn up a few criminals here and there on a regular basis. Hitler and Stalin would be proud of this mindset...

Once the police cleared each car the people were released and allowed to continue....

Once the gestapo determined der papers vere in order you vere free to go... Wow how good of them to do so after violating their rights... Sigh!

Both sides have valid arguments, making the action subject to court interpretation within existing laws and case laws. The argument by the police is going to be investigative detentions based on credible information, and since the criminal was located it should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Un-effing-believable! You are a real piece of work... Sigh!
Credible information my ass no description of the car or suspect so just stop everyone handcuff them all and then ask to search, nothing like a little fear and intimidation to get citizens to voluntarily comply...

For this the term people need to be familiar with is "good faith exception".

For this term the people need to be familiar with is "police state mentality" or how about "tyranny"; that anytime someone commits are crime their rights are temporarily suspended until lazy ass cops coerce intimidate search and harrass everyone in hope of catching a crook without doing any real investigative work and producing some evidence or even probable cause.

Just goes to show you how far this country has sunk into ignorance and acceptance of police state tactics god help us all...

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” Samuel Adams

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!
― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

My god where are the patriots of this generation who will stand up to this BS and ever increasing tyranny! Buhler Buhler...

edit on 6-6-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Damn good post my friend. You have no idea how it makes me feel to see that there are other patriots that believe in our constitution and our unalienable rights. It gives me hope that maybe America isn't totally comprised of mindless guinea pigs being led to the slaughter of their freedoms.

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to god"~Benjamin Franklin (I don't subscribe to organized religion, but take god to mean the human spirit)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Granted, I haven't read all of the previous replies yet so maybe someone had addressed this already, but doesn't it seem strange to you that the perp just sat in his vehicle and waited for his turn to be cuffed and searched? He supposedly had two loaded guns - hard to believe he would just sit there and get caught like that - while watching everyone get searched before him. "Ho hum - guess they're gonna catch me soon".

Just seems suspicious to me. I would think he would try to get away, some way, somehow. SO, maybe this whole thing was a "false flag" of sorts - a testing ground to see how people react when held at gunpoint and ordered to do something. It could have very well been a police training exercise to test the public's response.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. Especially here with the Aurora cops. They don't have the best reputation round these parts....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Thats my point. We have contructed laws for the people and others for the governments...in such a way..they ALLOW misues of them by the officials. And all in the guise of "public safety".

For nearly every "right" we have...I can think of one or two ways they can supercede them with their own.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wakeupcall1111
Granted, I haven't read all of the previous replies yet so maybe someone had addressed this already, but doesn't it seem strange to you that the perp just sat in his vehicle and waited for his turn to be cuffed and searched? He supposedly had two loaded guns - hard to believe he would just sit there and get caught like that - while watching everyone get searched before him. "Ho hum - guess they're gonna catch me soon".

Just seems suspicious to me. I would think he would try to get away, some way, somehow. SO, maybe this whole thing was a "false flag" of sorts - a testing ground to see how people react when held at gunpoint and ordered to do something. It could have very well been a police training exercise to test the public's response.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. Especially here with the Aurora cops. They don't have the best reputation round these parts....

That's exactly the point that I've been trying to get across. Well part of it anyways. I don't believe that this was a test of the way people would react, but rather the police dept. knowing after they began acting that they f'd up and planted evidence to catch someone that is really innocent. After all... all of this to in the end find that nobody at the scene was guilty of a crime? Come on.

My initial thought was that the "suspect" caught may have just had loaded guns and therefore he was treated as the bank robber... but SyphonX found that they actually found a mask and $2000.00 money band but no money. So in reality... someone still got away with the money.

I've only met one cop that I trust, and he's a state trooper and would very rarely be involved with something like this. So I still believe that they violated a bunch of citizen's rights and Colorado laws by arresting 39 innocent people, knew they messed up, and planted evidence to create "the end justifies the means" mentality to keep from being sued by all of those innocent people who were violated. Someone may have even lost a job after being held for so long like this.
edit on 7-6-2012 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wakeupcall1111

I know many are saying otherwise, whose opinions I really respect, but, I agree with you. It seems to me a false flag of sorts.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The chief of police apologized to everyone who was involved. Why apologize if nothing was done wrong? Sorry chief, but your stars on your shoulder doesn't mean you can break the law to arrest someone who broke the law. It doesn't allow you to bend the laws, or to create new laws you see fit. You have a suspicion the bank robber was one of the many there and nothing more to go on. With nothing else to go on you illegally searched vehicles under duress to gather more information to try to justify your first illegal actions that blatantly was a disregard of public safety. Hence the words "public safety officer."

A bank robber who believes he is getting away is less more harmful in a crowded place then one who knows he is going to be caught in a crowded place. You have escalated the situation where the suspect could have shot innocent people, could of ran them down with a vehicle, taken them as a hostages. In the video one of the officers was using a shotgun in a potential hostage situation. You sir are reckless and the ones who serve under you are reckless.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

The law enforcement entities in this country are drunk with power and must be stopped.

Listen to the reporters question, "WHAT IF THE GUNMEN HAD OPENED FIRE" and all these people are pretty much sitting ducks to be shot.....that's not even getting into the civil issues. Unbelievable. Hope they sue.
edit on 8-6-2012 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

<< 12  13  14   >>

join