It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Yr Old Vietnamese Girl Starts Fires with Her Brain?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

one day these things will be so common. unfortunatly we probably won't see that day.

One day? What about the 1000's and thousands of years that everyone who came before us had to develop these "abilities". How come there aren't armies of X Men(?) already guarding us all like the superhero's that you say are "coming". Wouldn't they be here by now?

Oh, right. Only now during your life time is this happening. Because of some burned appliances? And to anybody else that experiences these phenomenon. You have heard of "ghosts" draining batteries and using electricity to "manifest"? If that is the case then those spirits are attached to you and using you for their purposes, which maybe good or bad. Claiming you "have the power" is a deception. I would be more concerned about that.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
very interesting indeed. an upgraded Pyro? ... back in the days I remember hearing about a person producing electricity when undergone a stressful situation, and no not static electricity, but this is new.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper
I believe we all have the potential to tap into special abilities which lie dormant in the parts of our brain we normally dont use. The key I believe, will be to one day learn how to develop and harness these abilities.

I myself have a weird issue I've never been able to figure out.

Ever since I can remember, electrical devices seem to go haywire around me. Street lights go out when I walk near, then come back on once I've passed. I've had new tvs and computers literally fry themselves for no reason while I sat in front of them dumbfounded. No tech support or repair man has ever been able to figure out why.

Anything that takes batteries does not last long around me. Its the most frustrating problem as its cost me literally thousands of dollars over the years.

Interestingly, my daughter has the same trait. She has reported similar things and even almost lost her job once because she went through three computers in a few months and the company thought she was doing something to vandalize the machines.....

I am similar, but less dramatically. I have an effect on electrical goods. I know a guy who never has to throw anything out. He says he just loves his things. My bike light won't go on for me. He can start it, actually a few people can. I can press the button in every conceivable way for days. I'd take it back but I'm betting it will start for the shop assistants.

I recommend you mediate a lot and find the sort of peace that the guy I mentioned has. I should to. It could be a handy indicator of how well you are doing... and we know that the condition of your soul is far more important than anything you could possibly hold dear.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Have you guys ever heard of Christ the Sophia or the Gnostic's esoteric version of the Second Coming? It's fascinating and I think there are many stories out there that more or less suggest it's coming true. Let me know what you think.

All I can say for now is - consider Lady Gaga and all those stories about her massive Twitter following.

www.sanankuya.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

one day these things will be so common. unfortunatly we probably won't see that day.

One day? What about the 1000's and thousands of years that everyone who came before us had to develop these "abilities". How come there aren't armies of X Men(?) already guarding us all like the superhero's that you say are "coming". Wouldn't they be here by now?

Oh, right. Only now during your life time is this happening. Because of some burned appliances? And to anybody else that experiences these phenomenon. You have heard of "ghosts" draining batteries and using electricity to "manifest"? If that is the case then those spirits are attached to you and using you for their purposes, which maybe good or bad. Claiming you "have the power" is a deception. I would be more concerned about that.

ah you're just saying that because in a way im attacking your materalist religion. and if you believe in the vedas there was once indeed a time when nearly everyone had these abilities. but we're in the kali yuga. they're limited now. but thats all speculative i know. there will defiantly be a time, without a doubt. im sorry for offending you, but as you can see all you can do is attack attack and attack. no real experience, you don't know anything. ive seen a man who was struck by lightning levitate a playing card. i had a woman tell me my pin number just by me bring it to the front of my mind. i have done similar things, not to the extent of these people of course. so you can reply with some more bull# that lacks any substance. that doesnt change the true nature of reality. now go back in your shoebox where you're safe
edit on 6-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Has any loon yet suggested SHE may or is the LORD as isaiah 66:15 says "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire."

This and other mysterious / strange happenings bring out the religious and their quotes of doom and gloom.....

To those loons, I'm only helping you out. 😜

Thank you very much in advance.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I've never started a fire with my mind... but since around 3rd grade (I'm almost 26 now) I started interfering with electronics. First it started with microphones. Anytime I have to speak into a microphone it would BOOM, shut off! And they wouldn't be able to fix it until I walked away from it.

Then I started interfering with lights (light bulbs and even whole classrooms of those weird fluorescent type lights). I walk in and the lights shut off. No one touching the switch. Just the second I walk into the class the lights all shut off.

And it wont turn back on until I leave the room.

I don't know what could be causing any of this. Maybe it is somehow related? I can't control it though.

Sometimes I have noticed that it has to do with strong emotions (anxiety, extreme anger). But what about those other times where I'm neutral?

I think, like the oceans, there's still much to be found out about humans.
edit on 6-6-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2012 by 08051962 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

ah you're just saying that because in a way im attacking your materalist religion.

Material religion??? K...

im sorry for offending you

How can you offend me, I don't even know you. You seem upset though.

attack attack and attack

I just called hoax on the little electric girl. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion. You don't remember, I was sorry for her. She is being blamed for faulty wiring by everybody. Her family, the media, even you. She doesn't agree with you by the way.

no real experience, you don't know anything. so you can reply with some more bull# that lacks any substance. that doesnt change the true nature of reality. now go back in your shoebox where you're safe

Ahhh, Ive been cast out of your private hell. Is that how you disagree? I see.

Intrptr steps out, closes door, and brushes dust off feet.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
I wonder how long before she ends up being labelled a terrorist or poked and prodded in some US lab

Those things will never happen. Cuz she will never be let out of the Vietnamese labs.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

ah you're just saying that because in a way im attacking your materalist religion.

Material religion??? K...

im sorry for offending you

How can you offend me, I don't even know you. You seem upset though.

attack attack and attack

I just called hoax on the little electric girl. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion. You don't remember, I was sorry for her. She is being blamed for faulty wiring by everybody. Her family, the media, even you. She doesn't agree with you by the way.

no real experience, you don't know anything. so you can reply with some more bull# that lacks any substance. that doesnt change the true nature of reality. now go back in your shoebox where you're safe

Ahhh, Ive been cast out of your private hell. Is that how you disagree? I see.

Intrptr steps out, closes door, and brushes dust off feet.

again you're just responding to respond. say something with some meaning bud
guess im doing it too though. so ill no longer respond to u lol
edit on 6-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

that is why that some scientists refuse to accept the paranormal ability of the teen-girl. They recommend her parents to have her seen a shrink.

eyedrd.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714
This story would be interesting if man hadn't been able to create fire for the past mmmm....100,000 years.

If she could turn lead into gold or create matter from thin air then I might be impressed, but any monkey with two sticks can make fire if he thinks hard enough...

Right. Hell, mankind hasn't had issues producing gold from the roots of mountains or even snatching it right out of moving water either. And creating matter? Please. That was like the very first thing that ever happened in the universe. Talk about old news.

Now, if someone comes along with a psy ability that can shut up the psudoskeptics and the trolls, then I'll be impressed.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
If I understand well, a huge amount of atsers dismiss everything that has been written about Siddhis since many millenniums and think that things such as the Upanishads and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (to only name a few) are pure works of fiction? Wow, guys... The human body is an incredible machine that has the ability to do much more than counting paychecks and watching tv.

As has already been mentioned, things like this are very easily proven beyond a doubt. Trust me, if this girl was the real deal, there would be absolutely no debate, it would be as clear and obvious as trying to prove that dogs and cats are real.

The human mind is capable of breathtaking acts of naivety.

no it wouldn't be. nina kulagina proved it time after time in controlled enviroments and people still doubt it. so no you statement "if this girl was the real deal..." isn't true, at all.

If I remember right, she was tested by skeptics and failed.

Scientists are bad at spotting tricks, that's why magicians and other trained eyes need to be present.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Never say never I say! Nothing is impossible - and as someone has already said, this appears to be more "electrical", we do after all have electricity pulsing through our bodies.

Not only that, we only actually use 90% of our brains capacity - so not much is really known what we could actually be capable of should we use more or all of it - even animals use the ability to navigate through their own built in GPS.

I can remember going through a phase of getting and giving off electricity/shocks at around 11yrs old, quite painful they were too
maybe this girl is just using more of her brain capacity?

The new evolved generation of humankind perhaps?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
Debunked!
www.thanhniennews.com...

Why did almost everybody skip over this?

Expert suspects Vietnam fire girl burns things to get attention
Last Updated: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 05:10:00
A burnt fan, which the family of a girl in Ho Chi Minh City suspects she caused through a bizarre ability to set off fires.

A Ho Chi Minh City research institute has said it cannot make good on its promise to study a girl reportedly with a paranormal ability to set things on fire by being near them, but expressed skepticism about her alleged powers.

Du Quang Chau, director of the Energy Dowsing Center at the Hong Bang private university, told Phap Luat Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh (HCMC Laws) newspaper that the center can no longer study her case.

Chau, who studied her briefly, said, however: "I think she burns things to catch people's attention."

The 11-year-old, identified only as Thuy, has attained fame after her father went to various media agencies 10 days ago seeking help saying stuff around his daughter kept going up in flames.

Chau's center, whose help was also sought, said earlier that the girl has a rare and "precious" ability that needs to be studied carefully.

But he began to have doubts after meeting the girl, whom he described as smart and active.

"All the burnt items, such as electric boxes, electric fans, heaters, and mattresses, were within her reach.

"As for the lid of the toilet bowl, if the girl could burn it just by sitting on it, the lid should have burned from above, but it happened from below.

"And she was always the one discovering the fires."

She could have used a kind of Chinese lighter whose fire "is very hot and easily burns wood and plastic." The lighters were sold on the streets for VND10,000.

One such lighter was found near one of the fires at her house in Tan Binh District.

Vietnam ' fire girl' to be studied by experts

He never saw anything catch fire when he was at her house. The one fire that occurred started when he was not around.

If her family strongly believed she had the ability to cause fires, "they need to seek help from experts in medicine, physics, electricity, chemistry, and such."

News website VnExpress reported that Chau's conclusion has elicited criticism from several scientists who said he cannot arrive at such a conclusion without firm scientific evidence since it would confuse the public and prevent the girl from getting the help she might need.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It looks to me that it is your typical "I need attention case" that being said I really wanted this to be real in a strange way. I guess we all have some sort of childhood fantasy to see real life "superheros"..

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Oh sorry I didn't see this

It irks me a little, as this is just the sort of hoax that give genuine strange happenings ridicule

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyree

A bit too soon yet, imo , to rule it hoax. There is to be more investigation into this matter.

Can anyone translate this vid find to English?

Link to Vid
edit on 7-6-2012 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNaR
reply to post by SeekerLou

Has any loon yet suggested SHE may or is the LORD as isaiah 66:15 says "For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire."

This and other mysterious / strange happenings bring out the religious and their quotes of doom and gloom.....

To those loons, I'm only helping you out. 😜

Thank you very much in advance.

Not exactly sure how this has anything to do with the topic at hand..... but.... talk about the pot calling the kettle black....

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by steve95988
Debunked!
www.thanhniennews.com...

Why did almost everybody skip over this?

Expert suspects Vietnam fire girl burns things to get attention
Last Updated: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 05:10:00
A burnt fan, which the family of a girl in Ho Chi Minh City suspects she caused through a bizarre ability to set off fires.

A Ho Chi Minh City research institute has said it cannot make good on its promise to study a girl reportedly with a paranormal ability to set things on fire by being near them, but expressed skepticism about her alleged powers.

Du Quang Chau, director of the Energy Dowsing Center at the Hong Bang private university, told Phap Luat Thanh Pho Ho Chi Minh (HCMC Laws) newspaper that the center can no longer study her case.

Chau, who studied her briefly, said, however: "I think she burns things to catch people's attention."

The 11-year-old, identified only as Thuy, has attained fame after her father went to various media agencies 10 days ago seeking help saying stuff around his daughter kept going up in flames.

Chau's center, whose help was also sought, said earlier that the girl has a rare and "precious" ability that needs to be studied carefully.

But he began to have doubts after meeting the girl, whom he described as smart and active.

"All the burnt items, such as electric boxes, electric fans, heaters, and mattresses, were within her reach.

"As for the lid of the toilet bowl, if the girl could burn it just by sitting on it, the lid should have burned from above, but it happened from below.

"And she was always the one discovering the fires."

She could have used a kind of Chinese lighter whose fire "is very hot and easily burns wood and plastic." The lighters were sold on the streets for VND10,000.

One such lighter was found near one of the fires at her house in Tan Binh District.

Vietnam ' fire girl' to be studied by experts

He never saw anything catch fire when he was at her house. The one fire that occurred started when he was not around.

If her family strongly believed she had the ability to cause fires, "they need to seek help from experts in medicine, physics, electricity, chemistry, and such."

News website VnExpress reported that Chau's conclusion has elicited criticism from several scientists who said he cannot arrive at such a conclusion without firm scientific evidence since it would confuse the public and prevent the girl from getting the help she might need.

Because it's expected from any scientist to be skeptical. Don't consider it debunked just yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join