It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Clear Politics: Walker 51.5% - Barrett 44.8% : - Recall Thread -

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

Companies don't need unions now. They have ISO 9001, OSHA, et al.

Unions have "regulated" themselves out of a job. Their demands smack of blackmail, extortion.

There are laws in place that protect the worker, without them having to belong to a union.

edit on 5-6-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Unions have "regulated" themselves out of a job. Their demands smack of blackmail, extortion.

There are laws in place that protect the worker, without them having to belong to a union.

Hence, the term - union thug -.

Some union - thugs - have been known to follow Verizon executives all the way home.

-- We know where you live. --

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
VERY HIGH VOTER TURN OUT REPORTED IN MULTIPULE CITIES

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

That's good news.

I'll stay with my prediction Walker 56% Barrett 44%.

--------
Obama hides under his desk.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I hope your right Eurisko!

I'm looking for a Landslide Victory for Walker, than for Romney

edit on 5-6-2012 by KonigKaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by buster2010
Polls are useless. The only people that rely on these are the ones who take no time to look into the candidates and see that they support. In other words these are the people that let the MSM decide for them who to vote for you know sheeple.

I disagree.

Obama took one look at the -useless ? - polling data in Wisconsin and

decided to stay far away.

The Recall vote today will be a train wreck for Obama and his union buddies.

We all have to watch it but it's going to be ugly.

It wasn't Obama's place to get involved. He isn't even up for election here so why even bring him into it. This is all state level and if the people want to re-vote the Koch brothers lackey back into office then they have every right too.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

And how did these laws come about? Due to union lobbying. People seem to forget if it weren't for the unions there never would have been a middle-class.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Obamas union buddies are already complaining. Where's Obama?

-------
Obama abandoned them and sent them slick Willie instead.

It was a shrewd political calculation for Obama.

Truth be told, the unions have no where else to go.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by KonigKaos

That's good news.

I'll stay with my prediction Walker 56% Barrett 44%.

--------
Obama hides under his desk.

I can hear him now.....

Don't let Walker win....don't let Walker win...oh please don't let Walker win.....

Des

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Our well-funded Employee Trust Fund - one of the very few in the U.S. - has about 25% invested in Koch Bros. industries- because the make money. Unless you have had to work with public union idiots, you have no idea how stupid and entitled they are.

There is a huge difference between public and private unions. Even Roosevelt said there shouldn't be public unions, so that they could "vote" themselves a pay check.

I'm so glad I don't have to pay SEIU money every month anymore. I'm praying for a Walker victory, but, like I said before, the union mentality and ethics are highly questionable. Last evening when I left work, they were complaining that when they take an extra shift during the week and a vacation day - they don't get paid overtime for the extra shift! Imagine that!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The spin from the White House has already started.

source

"A race where one side is outspending the other by a ratio of at least 8 to 1 probably won't tell us much about a future race," press secretary Jay Carney said.

"I know the president is aware of the election. I think he's got some other responsibilities," Carney said. "I know that he's not following it minute by minute ... You know that he tweeted about it earlier. He stands with the Democratic candidate, Mayor Barrett, in this race."

It's funny now how it doesn't really indicate anything if Walker wins. Too funny, and desperate.
edit on 6/5/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: fix typo

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

There is a huge difference between public and private unions. Even Roosevelt said there shouldn't be public unions, so that they could "vote" themselves a pay check.

I agree with this statement, as long as it applies to Congress as well. Public employee pay should be decided by referendom.

Would also like to add Walker recieved out of state money at a 7 to 1 rate over Barrett as well. Corporations and wealthy individuals understand the long term ramifications of hamstringing the unions. If it weren't good for them, they wouldn't be cutting $500,000 checks to Walker. If its good for corporations, long-term its gonna be bad for the workers.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The polls have been closed for around 40 minutes here is a link to election results.

So far Walker is up 58 to 41 percent with 7 percent reporting:

Elections Results

CNN is reporting exit polls are too close to call.

Exit polls show Wisconsin recall race dead even

edit on 5-6-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Called for Walker just now that is going to make some heads explode.

Seems the op was right

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Called for Walker just now that is going to make some heads explode.

Seems the op was right

YeeeHawwwww........No wiggle room to say it was too close......Walker wins by a huge margin....

Des

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I can't believe it was that quick. Thank God, no long recounts to endure. Here's to fiscal responsibility.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
well, the people have spoken. welcome your corporate overlords and plan for ten or twenty years of distopia.

goodnight and good luck

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Damn glad to call Wisconsin my home state

The entire notion of public unions believing they have some perceived right to bargain for more of my money is completely laughable.

Hopefully this is just the first volley in the battle to destroy unions. There once was a time and place for them, and now they are nothing more than the right hand of the democratic party.

May they rest in pieces

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeFromTheHerd

And just what do you think will happen once those "greedy" unions keeping your wages up are gone? Why welcome to China I hope you like living in mud huts with grass roofs and dirt floors. I swear the retardation going on in the right wing is just astounding. "We needed unions once but now we that we have the protections they fought for we don't need them." Are you flaming stupid? Are you really that naive to believe that now the corporations have ushered in the death knell of unions your rights are going to be protected? Why don't you go out and tattoo abuse me please on your forehead. They bought an election and now the morons of WI have given them the slaves they desire.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

closest thing to a real prediction ive personaly seen on this site well done!

more on topic can some one explain to me why this is a barometer for the coming election as i am not quite sure what that means as politics can confuse my addled brain some times

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join