It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Clear Politics: Walker 51.5% - Barrett 44.8% : - Recall Thread -

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I heard on the radio that this may very well be the first time a recall election has more people voting than the original.

While the Democrats may be up in arms and devising all sorts of shenanigans, The GOP and Independent voters will be out in force as well.

Heck the DNC has even dropped the Union argument and have started spouting that Walker fathered a illegitimate child lately. They are desperate.

Sorry Beez, I don’t see a 60% over Barrett, but I do see a win for Walker. And then the fun and games begin anew.

I predict that the first thread after midnight concerning this election will be titled. "Walker stole the election!"

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Despite the thread title, it's just noon in Wisconsin, so the results are far from certain. It may well be that voters who found it more convenient to go to the polls later in the day (which could included groups brought to the polls by various organizations) can swing the results. So far, at 51%, Walker's lead is thin.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I think it will be --- We Demand A Recount !! ---

We were denied our right to vote and we have evidence on our iPhones!

They told us to stage this act 3 days ago so we just.......OOPS!..

.....you weren't suppose to see that!

Anyway, give us the recount or we will occupy the capitol again!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
Despite the thread title, it's just noon in Wisconsin, so the results are far from certain. It may well be that voters who found it more convenient to go to the polls later in the day (which could included groups brought to the polls by various organizations) can swing the results. So far, at 51%, Walker's lead is thin.

Be careful the Tea Party also has iPhones.

This is going to be a circus.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I voted for Barret, here is why, in order of importance to me:

1 Walker allowed mining company to write its own legislation for a proposed strip mine in Northern WI
2.John Doe criminal investigation
3.Koch Bros funding
4.Majority of campaign funding from out-of-state donors
5.Billionaire CEO, also biggest single donor to Walker ($500,000) paid no personal or buisness taxes in 2010
6.Misleading and/or untrue negative ads against Barret

and finally

7. the subversive tactics used to pass anti-union legislation.

I really don't care THAT the legislation passed, but how its was done was underhanded.
edit on 5-6-2012 by jacksmoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This election is brought to you by the koch brothers and other political and corporate interests from outside this state.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
This election is brought to you by the koch brothers and other political and corporate interests from outside this state.

This recall election was brought to you by whiner baby union members who

insist on getting their - sweetheart union deals - back.

--------
You took our free candy! Now give it back or i'll hold my breath.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
I voted for Barret, here is why, in order of importance to me:

1 Walker allowed mining company to write its own legislation for a proposed strip mine in Northern WI
2.John Doe criminal investigation
3.Koch Bros funding
4.Majority of campaign funding from out-of-state donors
5.Billionaire CEO, also biggest single donor to Walker ($500,000) paid no personal or buisness taxes in 2010
6.Misleading and/or untrue negative ads against Barret

and finally

7. the subversive tactics used to pass anti-union legislation.

I really don't care THAT the legislation passed, but how its was done was underhanded.
edit on 5-6-2012 by jacksmoke because: (no reason given)

The ends justifies the means.

Gov. Scott Walker has fixed the great state of Wisconsin.

- Unemployment rate is down -

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The ends do not justify the means when it subverts democracy.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

The ends do not justify the means when it subverts democracy.

The election was 18 months ago!

The people of Wisconsin have spoken.

You just didn't like what they said.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Although im not from Wisconsin, I hope Gov. Walker, wins in a Landslide victory, no matter what some think Walker did good for Wis. he fixed it.

Most polling leaing up to today put Walker way ahead, now DOJ Is montiering this situation is because they are affraid, Obama needs this win DOJ will make sure

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Although im not from Wisconsin, I hope Gov. Walker, wins in a Landslide victory, no matter what some think Walker did good for Wis. he fixed it.

Most polling leaing up to today put Walker way ahead, now DOJ Is montiering this situation is because they are affraid, Obama needs this win DOJ will make sure

The DOJ is there to witness the staged production planned on the Democratic Underground.

- Wait until 10 minutes before the polls close, then run up and form a long line.

- Get out the iPhone and time stamp the photo.

- Then run up to the DOJ and declare that you were denied the right to vote!

We were disenfranchised !!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! Do something!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

They didn't even wait until the election is over.

Act I: Dems Cry Fowl

- Recall Circus Has Begun -

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Apperently, my first 6 reasons draw no debate, just the collective bargaining rights. Well, here is my 2 cents. Unions have grown powerful and in some cases corrupt, but unions have set the standard of living for close to a century (If you recall the coal miners unionizing in early 1900's). If not for unions we, the workers, would be subjet to the whims and greed of the owners of the corporation we work for.

Unions, just like the federal government, are necessary for a stong nation and middle class.

I could go on, but I'll wait for a RATIONAL counter-point.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Any exit poll results?

I know the dems are nervous, but I'm across the pond and can't get all the real-time coverage.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Apperently, my first 6 reasons draw no debate, just the collective bargaining rights. Well, here is my 2 cents. Unions have grown powerful and in some cases corrupt, but unions have set the standard of living for close to a century (If you recall the coal miners unionizing in early 1900's). If not for unions we, the workers, would be subjet to the whims and greed of the owners of the corporation we work for.

Unions, just like the federal government, are necessary for a stong nation and middle class.

I could go on, but I'll wait for a RATIONAL counter-point.

Truth be told, the unions were making out like bandits.

Then Gov. Scott Walker showed up and spoiled the party.

The unions want to go back to the good old days when union - sweetheart deals -

were handed out every week.

---------
The unions have turned into spoiled brats.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i havent seen any exit poll results gotta love when the Republican is leading 51 % to 44% leadng up to the day but when its over they lose by a huge margin

LETS GO WALKER !!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'll bite.

What is necessary for a strong nation and middle class is economic oppourtunity.

Unions prefer a monopoly on that and limit it for their own needs. If it is limited, they are benefitted from that.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Any exit poll results?

I know the dems are nervous, but I'm across the pond and can't get all the real-time coverage.

Just keep your eyes on the Drudge Report.

It will show up there first.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Okay, read carefully and process what I write. Prior to the unions, there were no work rules, no saftey guidelines, no minimum wages, no days off, no insurance bennies, no sick leave, etc.. that we take for granted. I want you to think about each example and what a CEO or buisness owner would do without those work rules or guidelines that unions put in place decades ago. If unions hadn't accomplished everything it has the United States would look alot like Mexico. A third world country with have and have-nots. Very little upward moblity, rampant poverty and even worse corruption.

If not for unions, non-union workers wouldn't have the protection of OSHA, COBRA or several other saftey specific or saftey net policies or programs.

If corporations are left to their own devices, worker rights, pay and benifits would be gone so fast it would make your head spin. Also, through lobbying efforts, and federal laws and rules regarding saftey and minimum wage would quickly be changed or struck from the law. The only reason these laws are still in place is due to the lobbying efforts of unions.

If you honestly believe that corporations look out for their employees out of the goodness of their hearts, you are sadly mistaken. History repeats itself. Look back in US history. Without unions the US will quickly revert back to the bad old days

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join