It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matt Lauer's STUPID Quote of the Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
So I flip on the TV and I realize The Today Show (not sure about the other stations) is plastering the American airwaves with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee aka the "I don't give a crap the world is in turmoil, I'm rich and kiss my butt party".

ANYWAY...Matt Lauer is interviewing some snobby Englishman (no offense) and at the end of the interview the treasonous Lauer says to the scone "Well America loves what we don't have, a Royal family". I almost S#!t my pants!!! Did he just say that??? Does this butt-kissing dirty bag know how many men died to win America its freedom from that scum monarchy?? I had to rant about this...thanks for reading!

I don't have the video clip cause it just happened so I'll try and look and post it OR if someone finds it PLEASE post it...1776!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Look at CNN they wouldn't even interrupt the jubilee to announce a plane crashed into a building. But yes for some stupid reason there are Americans that idolize the royal family and totally forget the sacrifices that was made throwing their shackles off. Whats funny is people always say they exhibit the best of Britain if that's true then why did they change their surname to Windsor in 1917? Oh yeah that's right it's because the royal family is of German decent something they were proud of even as the Germans bombed London.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

Hmmm. I'd imagine our fellow members in the UK are rather going to enjoy this thread when they all come across it, as I believe a good percentage of those in the United Kingdom are quite happy with such.

Not that I can disagree with the fact that English oversight of the young colonies didn't work out quite to the satisfaction of some of the early citizens here, but I think you may have bitten off a bit more than you'll enjoy chewing given the different times, sides of the fence, and how the US has ended up pretty much right back in the same type of situation with out OWN government.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

Actually that monarchy funded both sides of the civil war.

Freedom was just the illusion that allowed them to control you, without you knowing you were under their boot.

The Monarchies of old Europe still rule the world my friend.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I agree the pandering of the MSM to the royal family smacks of an agenda to me. I don't criticize the Brits for having a Queen, it's something they're accustomed to and would seemingly be lost without as a Nation.
Yet here we are in the 21st century and spending millions to celebrate those who rule by divine birthright.
When it comes to the filthy rich do they not pass it on to their heirs who wield the same power over us?
Aristocracy = Filthy Rich.
We might as well go back to living in caves and chasing deer with sharp sticks.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comment

top topics

join