It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what age did you get your first leather jacket?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I was just curious to hear from other members...

I always liked leather jacket, to the point that I always had the hope to buy one, but I was shy in my teenage years. I bought my first one at 17, in New York, on holiday, by impulse, in fact it was a very big brown leather jacket, bigger than what I usually wear. I first wore it in a mall in Italy and some people were pointing at me and saying wow...
I wanted to have more than one, and so by age 18 I got 2 more ( now I have 5 of them ), one of them was a Italian conbipel with a no leather hood. My best one now is the one I got at age 20, a Armani leather jacket with leather hood, all black.

I don't know if I am able to post pictures but I could do if asked. You can post pictures as well...

I have always been shy and wearing leather jackets makes me more confident and , well, they are super comfortable and cool. I can't have enough of them.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Got one when I was fifteen. No armani or anything, a black leather motorcycle jacket, Ramones style. This was the eighties, you were either punk or new wave, and the black leather said it all, along with my Mohawk haircut. Plus, I had motorcycles, where you kind of need the leather. The added studs and chains were strictly for the look.

Now I live in the Caribbean tropical heat. I have a leather jacket in my closet, haven't worn it in years. The one drawback to living in the tropics is that you don't get to wear any cool looking clothes. Anything more than shorts and no shirt is too hot all the time. I don't even get to wear long pants, any type of jacket, or boots. A small price to pay to live with a drink in my hand, my toes in the sand, and the Caribbean sparkling in front of me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

About 17...a beige one from Strellson..
edit on 5-6-2012 by SkullAndBeats235 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

a year ago, my dad bought it for me but I've not and will never wear it.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i only use sea-salt, 4 cooking and other stuff..

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Well, I live in Italy, so the 2 names I've got are the norm here...
Yeah, its unfortunate to not be able to wear leather jackets everywhere...
I'm lucky I live in a area near the Alpes...
Well, 15, that would have been my dream...I was always super envy of people with leather, but when I've got my third one I stopped being envious, I knew I had the best in commerce!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Oh, why? I would have been excited to receive such a thing.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I too really enjoy the black leather jacket. I've had a few in my day, but currently rock a Theory sheepskin coat. It's the softest, most supple leather I've ever felt. It also smells great. And yeah, it does make you feel pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I got my first leather jacket when I was 13. I traded a hockey stick that I won that was autographed by the whole Pittsburgh Penguin Hockey team. The jacket was a biker coat, heavily worn and too big. I had metal studs that I put on and painted the back with a punk rock band logo. I wish I had that hockey stick now !!!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I just don't feel comfortable in leather, I love rolling my sleeves up my forearms and with leather jackets you really can't do that. I just don't like leather jackets. The only 'leather' jacket I had was a bathing ape one from Japan, it was a varsity and only the sleeves were leather.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I can't believe I'm going to admit this but.....

i couldn't have been older than 10. When I was a small child I apparently had an affinity towards the king of pop, pre-scandal of course. My parents bought one of those replica Thriller red leather jackets with all the zippers, tiny little deal, the arms also zipped off and on.

I was small enough that there is a photo somewhere of me wearing it like a vest, with the arms on like leg pieces.

But if you are talking stylish? I was 19 or 20 I grabbed a vintage 70s brown leather jacket, not short, but not long enough to be a trench, with huge butterfly collars. I was rocking the hippy hair and burns at that point so I pulled it off.

I've always had a leather jacket from that point on, I try to mix up the cuts each time though so it doesn't get stale.

i won't do a biker jacket.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I don't like leather jackets. They look so.... 50s.

The Fonz was never cool, and neither was his jacket.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

14. I was a "greaser" in Detroit in the early-mid 1960's.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
My first leather jacket was a 1942 Brown Naval Flight line jacket with the wool on the collar. My Grandfather gave it to me from his war days when I was 17. He was in the attack at Pearl Harbor and a flying propeller from an explosion skimmed the back of it leaving a noticeable scratch making it his "lucky" jacket. When I was 23 I went through a biker stage and had several "Biker" style black leathers but I grew out of the style. Currently, although I still have the WWII jacket, I wear a black ankle length patchwork leather trench coat with matching hood and a black ground length leather cloak with hood, both of which I purchased in my mid 30s and both are soft Italian leather from Farrah.

Edit to add: My next purchase, I think, will be a black or brown ankle length Duster.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I got my first leather jacket when I was late 17. That is also when I got my first motorcycle. Its just a good thick black leather riding jacket. Im 21 now and it has some wear and tear, But that just adds charicter. Thats what I love about leather jackets, the older they get and the more you wear them the more charicter they gain

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I got my first when i was about 13 years old, I was such a little rocker and had wanted one for so long and pleaded endlessly with my dad to allow me to have one,

I wanted to be a big rock star and i thought the jacket would be the perfect start to make my stamp on the world of rock, lol

I went on to date a few long haired boys in my quest to be in the crowd lol then i discovered make up and it my rockstar life kinda lost the battle,

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I was born in leather - with pyramid spikes. This is why my mother is still in therapy and screams unconsolably whenever we have family dinners.

Actually I was fourteen and it came from Wilsons Leather. I loved that jacket so much.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

join