It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart on the Reporting of The Queens Jubilee.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It takes an American to sum up my feelings on the coverage of Saturdays Flotilla. Jon Stewart rips CNN's coverage of the event. It's a shame he never got chance to see the BBC coverage. Never seen so much fawning over this event. BBC pundits kept telling us how the Queen was beaming and smiling all day. The presenter had never seen the Queen smile so much. Yet every time the camera focussed on the Queen she looked a bit cold and a bit miffed by it all.
I actually felt sorry for her.

gawker.com...

edit on 5-6-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Hahaha thanks for showing me this, as a staunch republican I love to laugh at the Queen.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Awesome!

Nothing cracks me up more than the UK trying to take itself seriously.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

woodwardjnr I am SHOCKED!!! to hear you of all people say "I felt sorry for her" That old bat could lift every person on this planet out of poverty and still live the life she does but she chooses not too.

I deduct one star from your account.

edit on 5-6-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I dont really understand how Brits love the royal family so much. They are human just like the rest of us. They are no better then you are me. I dont know, I guess I'm just not the "Get on your knees and worship another person" type.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Piers Morgan is probably the most hated British guy in America. Not that I don't like British people or anything, but Piers pretty much symbolizes and reinforces every stereotype Americans have about them. They probably plaster his face and opinions all over TV for that exact purpose.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Congrats to the British because any monarchy who holds the throne for 60 years, does deserve an event.

As for the poor queen,she probably would of rather have stayed home in bed.Any woman in her 80s would of been happy with a cup of tea and a comforter and a good book.

It was four days of celebration, that is a lot to go through.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Congrats to the British because any monarchy who holds the throne for 60 years, does deserve an event.

As for the poor queen,she probably would of rather have stayed home in bed.Any woman in her 80s would of been happy with a cup of tea and a comforter and a good book.

It was four days of celebration, that is a lot to go through.

Yeah, and not to mention that her husband, Prince Philip, was hospitalized with a bladder infection. That must have put a wet blanket on her celebration.

I don't have much pity for her, but I think that she believes that she was born into something that is a responsibility given to her by something greater than her. Much like what was imposed on the infant child, who is now the Dalia Lama. It was not her choice.

top topics

join