It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any of you KNOW The Lord? Seriously

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Yes, and so do you

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Adam incurred a blood debt he couldn't pay,
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Huh?

God's laws are perfect and when Adam cursed himself by heeding his wife who had heeded Heylel (Satan) and all of us it made mankind liable to all those laws and the penalty for breaking those laws is death.

God's laws are perfect, and they call for someone to be dead for biting into an apple (or whatever that represents)? This thinking is extremism.

God placed Adam and Eve's sin on all of mankind? Now there's a loving god for ya.

-----------------------------
When Tina was a teen she disobeyed her father. Now, as an adult, she is driving to her own home from the hospital with her new baby. Upon arriving home she finds that her father has spray painted her whole house black. Not just her house, but her baby's crib, too!

Question: Is the father showing love by what he's done, or is he just insane?

Of course he's insane, but if god paints your soul black, and the soul of your baby, it shows He's a loving, perfect god with perfect laws?

That's wholly irrational thinking.

edit on 9/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

God's laws are perfect, and they call for someone to be dead for biting into an apple (or whatever that represents)? This thinking is extremism.

God placed Adam and Eve's sin on all of mankind? Now there's a loving god for ya.

I'm not expecting you to understand. This wasn't over any apple, it was a test of faith and trust and they failed. He wanted them to trust in him and have faith in his Word, to listen to his Voice.

When Tina was a teen she disobeyed her father. Now, as an adult, she is driving to her own home from the hospital with her new baby. Upon arriving home she finds that her father has spray painted her whole house black. Not just her house, but her baby's crib, too!

Of course he's insane, but if god paints your soul black, and the soul of your baby, it shows He's a loving, perfect god with perfect laws?

Not even near the same trying to equate a man to God. God is not like us and he says this clearly:

Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

What you're failing to understand is God has laws set for all mankind and it is those laws you do not know about that will hang you in the end, therefore it is your responsibility to cling to the way out He has provided in Christ. He loved us all enough to give us a way to save us from ourselves. It doesn't matter what religion you have, it doesn't matter if you have no religion at all. It doesn't matter if you believe or disbelieve, you are bound by the laws regardless, denying him and them only works to your own destruction, this is why you cannot save yourself, you wouldn't even know where to start or what to do. You may not believe in him, but he believes in you.

You can't rationalize God, he will not fit into any box your mind tries to put him in.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm not expecting you to understand. This wasn't over any apple, it was a test of faith and trust and they failed. He wanted them to trust in him and have faith in his Word, to listen to his Voice.

And god punished them and all of mankind. You can't get out of it, LoneW. Either you see the totalitarian tyranny by a god as described in the bible, or you just block it out of your mind. Everyone says that god is a personal god to each and every individual, but then they justify when this personal god punishes everyone with original sin, flooding the world, killing all the firstborn of Egypt...

It
doesn't
make
sense.
And,
you
know
it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Not even near the same trying to equate a man to God. God is not like us and he says this clearly:

You are human. You have a mind. By birth alone you have the right to judge what is wrong in all things. Condemning a human and justifying a god for the same act just doesn't cut it. Either the act is wrong or it isn't, no matter who committed the act.
edit on 9/23/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

What you're failing to understand is God has laws set for all mankind and it is those laws you do not know about that will hang you in the end, therefore it is your responsibility to cling to the way out He has provided in Christ. He loved us all enough to give us a way to save us from ourselves. It doesn't matter what religion you have, it doesn't matter if you have no religion at all. It doesn't matter if you believe or disbelieve, you are bound by the laws regardless, denying him and them only works to your own destruction, this is why you cannot save yourself, you wouldn't even know where to start or what to do. You may not believe in him, but he believes in you.

We don't need saving from ourselves, we need saving from him (if he were real, of course). Listen to your own speech on this tyrant. It doesn't matter this, it doesn't matter that...god's unyielding, unbreakable laws will get you in the end.

Mankind managed to survive for 100,000 years without him, in the harshest environments, against the fact that most babies died at birth. Those that survived, most didn't see the age of ten. And the rest died around the age of 25. Mankind was helpless against diseases and predators, and yet, here we are. We made it this far, no thanks to a make-believe god. Hooray for us. BOO for a biblical god.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You can't rationalize God, he will not fit into any box your mind tries to put him in.

Of course we can rationalize him. Who says we can't see the acts committed as wrong?

Do you think it's a matter of "I'm God so I can do anything I want, for you, to you, or against you. You must bend to my will or I'll crush you. And you must fear me and love me at the same time."

No matter who or what can say such a thing, you walk away from him/her/it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I only KNOW God exists, everything else is speculation/theory and educated guesses on my behalf.

But that is part of the fun for me, figuring it out for myself

As far as I can tell, the God I have come to know and understand does not ask people to kill thier sons to test them, does not demand that sinners burn in hell, does not want us to blow ourselves up. and loves every single one of us for our imperfections as that is what makes us perfect.

For me personal experience is winning over what has been written down in a book,
I believe to many people read gospel, but do not put into action what is in their hearts, because if they did, the world would be a much happier and more loving place.
It is time for people to stop listening to preachers and start listening to their own spirit and hearts.

IMO

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
This thread, like many others..

went straight down the crapper..

like most religious threads do lately..

sad too, because the OP had a good point...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
This thread, like many others.. went straight down the crapper..

sad too, because the OP had a good point...

Sad part about it is that so many reject the ONE thing that will save them.

Talk about sheer irony...

"The angel of the Lord told me “in the days ahead if you are not a
New World man you better be saved as you will not survive.” ~ Nita Johnson

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

He wanted them to trust in him and have faith in his Word, to listen to his Voice.

You realize that if God is completely omnipotent he wouldn't have needed to know their faith and trust in them, don't you? If being omnipotent means one knows everything, then he would've already known what was in their heart and had no need to have a test to see what the outcome was.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join