It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any of you KNOW The Lord? Seriously

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Lord Worm ? the singer for Cryptopsy

or

Lord Marco ? the drummer from Brain Drill

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

A person should truly know "the Lord" apart from the Bible, which was written by man, and only parts have been included by man, at the Council of Nicea to fit their agenda of societal and property control. The Lord of the Rings Triology is more believable than the Bible. Of course they excluded the books which said you don't have to attend chuch to be a Christian, just like walking into a garage doesn't make you a car.

I know "the Lord". I play poker with him every Thurs. night.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
i have the entire word of God and have seen God with my own eyes and heard the trumpets that accompany him.

i assume I am not unique or special in any way and that many people live day to day with an equal amount of certainty as to I.

I can relate to this first hand as well though no one would believe the things I have seen. Keep your eyes open and seek the TRUTH and you will find it one day. You are very blessed. To have certainty and enjoy the Golden Path is a wonderful thing in this Dark world.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
i have the entire word of God and have seen God with my own eyes and heard the trumpets that accompany him.

i assume I am not unique or special in any way and that many people live day to day with an equal amount of certainty as to I.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
English physicist & science fiction author (1917 - )

I am going to go ahead and assume you are not crazy, not on drugs, and not a liar. If you say you saw something then I would suggest that you saw a form of technology that is beyond your capacity to explain.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No concrete proof? Then how do you explain this:

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
But yes I believe in the Lord, and I try to live in a way with the least harm to others as possible, and base my decisions on the avoidance of sin or evil. Jesus left us with one main instruction....."Love your neighbor as your selves"

edit on 5-6-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalterRatlos
reply to post by Lionhearte

And translations don't change the meaning - it changes the language.

As a retired translator (among many other professions), I can tell that a translation has to be as literal as possible (though you will not achieve 100% accuracy when you translate complex texts or concepts) and as free as needed, which means whenever an accurate rendering is not possible the translator must suffice with something similar to express the same thing. Take the expression "to beat about the bush", for example, if you translate it literally, word by word, the meaning is lost and becomes something entirely different in another language. So, what you must do is find a similar expression that has roughly the same meaning.

Also, what happens when you make a translation of a translation of yet another translation is that a lot is lost. The OT was originally written in Hebrew, was then translated into Greek, from there to Latin and from there first into German (Martin Luther) and later in English and other languages.

I can tell you've never been a translator, you give yourself away. That's not how translations we have today were done. You don't translate from the source to a second language and then translate the second language to a third language. Errors would pile up on top of each other if you did that. Only someone that has no idea what they're doing would do it that way.

They don't translate the Hebrew to Greek and then translate that Greek to Latin and then translate the Latin to English. We have the Bible in its original languages. There's no reason to do that. You would only do that in times when you didn't have the original language.

Instead they translate the Hebrew to Greek, then do it again, and translate the Hebrew to Latin and then again translate the Hebrew to English. You always translate from the original Hebrew to whatever language you're translating to. Then you can use the other translations to catch your errors.

If you translate from Hebrew to Greek for example you may make some errors. Say 1% error rate. If you then translate that Greek to English you'll make more errors and they'll pile up. Now you'll have a 2% error rate and that rate keeps increasing to 3%, 4%, and so on every time you make a translation because it contains all the mistakes from the previous translations. That's exactly how an idiot would do it.

However, if you translate the Hebrew to Greek, and then translate the Hebrew to English separately then the mistakes won't pile up. The mistakes won't match the second time. There's no way you're going to make the exact same mistakes twice. Especially if multiple people do multiple translations.

Now each translation will only have a 1% error rate that never increases. We can do this with the Bible because we have it in the original languages.

Then you simply compare the translations to find where they don't match. This actually helps you get rid of the 1% errors. The mistakes in the first one won't match the mistakes in the second.

This allows you to fix the mistakes by simply looking for places that don't match. That's right, the more translations you have, the more accurate they become, not less accurate. Your Japanese doesn't match your English? Could be an error, better go back to the Hebrew and check it.

Also, you have multiple people doing multiple translations into the same language so you can even compare different translations in the same language. Heck with Bible software anyone can do this nowadays and bring up the original language right on their own computer. But you have two people translate the Bible into English. Now you have two English translations with two different set of mistakes. Just compare them and where they don't match you'll find the error. We even have software that will do this in a few seconds. You can fix it very easily.

What you're probably confused by is that the Greek portions of the Bible aren't a translation. The Greek is the original language. Parts of the Bible are written in different languages. Some Hebrew, some Aramaic, and some in Greek. But those aren't translations. The Greek parts always were in Greek. That's how they were originally written.
edit on 5-6-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Lord Megatron?
Lord Vader?
Lawdy Lawdy Miss Claudie?

Nope. I've only ever read about them.

Serious.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by badgerpit

"Some say" that gods can only exist if men believe in them, a bit like Santa Claus, to use an oft-used example. It is good to question things though, the nature of things, the nature of our orders. Without thinking we are nowhere. I do not think God would mind us asking questions. At least I would hope not.

There is something on the other side that comes when there is extreme need. I am of no religon and follow no human dogma but my own. When that need is there your soul start seeking and ego is almost totaly silent and after a while the moment and the grand prize. Faith is not needed before but the moment will bring understanding. If you are worthy and I do not know where the line is drawn then you get help no matter what the bible/humans say. I am a living proof of that.

The human brain/mind is an increadable machine in seek mode. The mind becomes extreamly fast and the connection you can make and understanding is amazing. And the bliss when you do not use your mind or think happy thoughts are very nice but in the way when you are trying to concentrate on reading boring technical books. Well there is advantages and disadvanteges to everything.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I needed your post..I love you
edit on 5-6-2012 by LerroyJenkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

The average human "mind" cannot see what it cannot see, doesn't understand what it doesn't already believe in and relies exclusively on outside authorities to tell it what is true and what is false. Seek, and ye shall surely find exactly what you have been programmed to find.

It's not exactly a cause for celebration, is it?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

His word is intact. He's God - it's his job to protect his word. It's our job to believe it. Jesus said in Isaiah not to call a conspiracy everything people call a conspiracy.

True words of wisdom.

edit on 5-6-2012 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dondrews
reply to post by TopherWayne

Well said response...unfortunately that isn't the only insanity used by the church. Interesting. Greetings from Barstow.

Greetings from Hesperia neighbor! Nice to see a local here on ATS!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

His word is intact. He's God - it's his job to protect his word. It's our job to believe it. Jesus said in Isaiah not to call a conspiracy everything people call a conspiracy.

True words of wisdom.

'Do not call conspiracy everything that these people call conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.' -Isaiah 8:12

So, you have a 'God' suggest to the people not to question and worry about what others within a society may be worrying about, and you think this is wise? A healthy society should always question every aspect of secret governing, mistrust, source of fear, hate, ignorance, and negativity. If what I just said is true, then America is one sick puppy, because we do the complete opposite and create all of these things for our own people and the world. I also bring to question why the bible is pushed on us so hard, and with teachings like this it is not hard to understand why. Teachings like this quote from the bible create the perfect mentality for a people if you intend to do bad things and you don't want the population getting up in arms about it.

This is not wisdom, this is a form of brain washing. Every shadowy act should have a light on it, and everyone should know what our 'leaders' are up to.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

What you fail to understand is that God is in ultimate control over all of it, so we're not to worry or fear it. There are many things going on that are beyond our capability to control and we can only turn it over to God to prevail and provide justice, which He will. Unfortunately, he's going to allow it to get really ugly before He steps in and intervenes. As for those who question why? As imperfect, stubborn, greedy and selfish humans, most of us will only turn to God when everything else has been taken away from us and we have nothing else to live for. Sad, but true.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget
reply to post by Deetermined

All humans are imperfect and not capable of saving themselves

And what does this "saving" involve?

Faith and belief that Jesus Christ/God is our savior as told in the Bible.

(pre-historic) Man existed evolved and lived just fine before civilisations, language and even religion came about.

Man is perfectly cable of being altruistic without reins of dogma attached firmly to his head.

Man may have lived just fine in pre-historic times, but how long do you think we're capable of surviving on our own now that we have advanced knowledge of technology and nuclear weapons? Yes, man is also capable of being altruistic, but would you say they make up the majority or the minority in today's world?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerpit

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

True words of wisdom.

'Do not call conspiracy everything that these people call conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.' -Isaiah 8:12

So, you have a 'God' suggest to the people not to question and worry about what others within a society may be worrying about, and you think this is wise? A healthy society should always question every aspect of secret governing, mistrust, source of fear, hate, ignorance, and negativity. If what I just said is true, then America is one sick puppy, because we do the complete opposite and create all of these things for our own people and the world. I also bring to question why the bible is pushed on us so hard, and with teachings like this it is not hard to understand why. Teachings like this quote from the bible create the perfect mentality for a people if you intend to do bad things and you don't want the population getting up in arms about it.

This is not wisdom, this is a form of brain washing. Every shadowy act should have a light on it, and everyone should know what our 'leaders' are up to.

The key word here is "everything" - not to call everything a conspiracy. But this thread is explicitly talking about whether the Word of God is intact or not. Oh they may have removed a word here, changed a little there, or forbid access to certain things but his Word is intact, to the point that if He decides to reveal himself to someone, then there is no way a person cannot acknowledge that he is who He said He is, He does what he says he can do and that the Bible IS the HOLY WORD of God as spoken through servants and prophets. It is as simple as that.

There is nothing to push down your thoat. Jesus is the Word of God and the Word of God is the very spirit of prophecy. The entire Bible is a progressive revealing of how the Word (who is Jesus) comes to dwell inside the believer. There are even ways to use scientific methods to back up the claims. Everything a person needs for the truth to be revealed is in black and white (and sometimes red). But you go right along your merry way distrusting everything and everyone you perceive in the physical as out to get you - your spiritual senses will perish and you will die with a lack of knowledge that had been made available to you.

Those who do KNOW Jesus will be in a heck of a lot more trouble than the typical unbeliever, for much has been given to us, so much more is expected. After studying thousands upon thousands of NDE's, once in the light people are reporting, that they are asked one of three questions:

1. What have you done with the life I gave you?
Or
2. Have you you loved like I love you (after being immersed in the light, with waves of love to the point they thought they would implode)?
Or
3. Couldn't you have helped a little more here (Going through their life review and being shown areas where they had the opportunity to help their brother/sister but didn't)?

I wonder how many people like you will have to stand in the light and say, 'I didn't believe them. I thought everything was a conspiracy.' He will say, 'You didn't get the memo that everything isn't a conspiracy?' And you will have to tell him, 'I did. But I chose not to believe them nor you and then called them sick puppies.'

Now what?

edit on 6-6-2012 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

First of all, "modern" man can not have existed for 200,000 years, that's a fallacy - modern man has only existed for about 6,000 years. Someone living 200,000 years ago was not considered "modern" by.. modern standards.

And, this is all assuming the Earth is older than 6,000, which I don't believe it is. There's too much evidence to suggest it is- too many limiting age factors that exist that can't place the Earth longer than such a date.

Of course you will just accuse me of believing all of this because "a book tells me so", yet it's those same books and articles written by "men with authority" that tell you the world is 4.6 billion years old.

I don't know what the other member will of course just accuse you of....
but, if you really believe this stuff that you wrote...I would suggest that you are delusional at worst, sadly gullible at best, and definitely confused.

The Earth is 4.6 billion years old. For two billion of those years, it was bombarded daily by asteroids. Modern Man has certainly existed without pause for 200,000 years....if not even before that, in societies that were wiped out due to natural disaster, ice ages, war, etc.

I am astounded that there are adults who actually believe this package of outrageous speculation, psychopathic deities, and suffering in hell-fire for eternity for not saying "I believe." Really?

You must be frightened with every breath you take, your staunch "I know I'm saved, whew" notwithstanding. That is just the gilded surface of absolute terror. I'm glad I don't have that inner torment. You're missing out on really living!
Just my opinion. Still, as a compassionate human being, I hope one day you are awakened and set free. I feel sorry for you. You don't have to believe those things, really. No one can force you.

Someone living now who believes 4000-year old parables and mythology are TRUE STORIES is not considered "modern"...by "modern" standards, either. Just saying.

I have backed off these religion forums somwhat of late -- partly due to the repetitious nonsense and stubborn unwillingness to discuss these things intelligently; but some days a sigh and a faceplam just don't cut it.

Please. There are young people on here, bright and capable and open-minded, as well as well-educated, experienced adults, and we all supposedly want to be disabused of our ignorance. In every other forum, people are willing to hear other's points of view and say "hmmm! I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for the heads-up!" or "wow, really? I'm glad to know that is a hoax...lol"....

but not here. Here there is a persistent shaming and "correction" from the "Christian" fanatics....with dire warnings and outrageously fantastical claims...and nothing EVER sways you guys. It's bizarre.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

What you fail to understand is that God is in ultimate control over all of it, so we're not to worry or fear it. There are many things going on that are beyond our capability to control and we can only turn it over to God to prevail and provide justice, which He will. Unfortunately, he's going to allow it to get really ugly before He steps in and intervenes. As for those who question why? As imperfect, stubborn, greedy and selfish humans, most of us will only turn to God when everything else has been taken away from us and we have nothing else to live for. Sad, but true.

The fact that you are attempting to speak on behalf of God and his wishes/plans/desires/agendas/etc immediately tells me a little about yourself. I am not failing to understand the topic of God, I am simply admitting what you clearly are not; I don't fully understand God. You are pretending to understand something that you do not understand, but you want the illusion of your pretend knowledge in place for some selfish purpose. Maybe to give your life extra meaning? Maybe to elevate your perception of self worth? I don't know why you do it, but you are. If you don't get why I say this then tell me how you know that 'he's going to allow it to get really ugly before He steps in and intervenes'? From where I come from this is a piece of news completely fabricated by either the delusional or the insane.

So more about your comment that I should not worry about things because God's got the steering wheel. I look out over the world and see horrendous accounts told within society every single day. At this moment someone out there is experiencing pain and suffering beyond what we can imagine in our sheltered lives. Does your God got this person's back too? Should I send along your message to this person to not fret?

You do have one part of your response that I do agree with 'There are many things going on that are beyond our capability to control' but I ask you why in the face of this do you hand over your natural sovereignty to an unseen entity that you know nothing about? When I no longer possess a body I figure the answers will come to me, but until then I am my own best resource and I will not willingly just hand it over to something that I don't understand.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerpit

Originally posted by mellisamouse

Well, I know the one to ask for guidance, is Yahweh, and in Yeshua's name.....

Knowing and believing are as different as fact and truth. You say that you know that Yahweh is the lord, but how can that be possible? You were told this at some point in your life and you accepted this piece of information and now it is true as the sky is blue. I appreciate that you are offering what is true to you to be knowledge that the rest of us should accept like you did at one point in your life, but what if I give my sovereignty (this is what being a loyal religious person is doing) to a cookie dough statue of Elvis? I am just as right and just as wrong as you with your claims. The question going into this thread was if you KNOW the lord. I understand that you believe in him, 100%. The question that you will need to ask yourself is this; Does my belief in anything make it factual? If you understand that the answer is no, then you might be a well adjusted human. If you think the answer is yes, then you are sporting quite an impressive ego.

I have spent years searching high and low..... depression and pain ruled most of my life...... when I was smart enough to ask him for help, is the only time things actually work out..... he takes away my depression..... heals relationships, and is the only provider there is...... out in the dark I had nothing, nadda, zip, zilch..... when I rember him, he ALLWAYS remebers me.... I DO NOT deserve it.

I am not religious, I am not some devout person.... I have rarley read my bible in years..... I still smoke, still drink, still have anger and bitterness and need to learn to forgive....

You mention EGO..... my ego is disgusting, makes me the biggest idoit fool out there....

YET still in all of my laziness and imperfection, the one and only place I can ever get help,, is from him..... not one other person or thing in this world that I can rely on, and the ONLY person who never needs anything in return from me.

The only good I DO ever do, is because he let me have the privillage of listening to him for once, so I could get the joy out of whatever good thing he gave me the privillage to do....

So, for me it is knowing, not believing, but knowing he is real, just as much as I know you are real.....

Wish I was a better person though..... my listening devices aren't the greatest, because you were right, my ego sucks! and my ego hates me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join