Do any of you KNOW The Lord? Seriously

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NoLoveInFear46and2

Blame The Creator for that what man does?

Hey, we have to put the blame onto someone?

4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying , I am Christ; and shall deceive many." Matthew 24 (King James Version)

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1 (King James Version)

Always read and research all things.
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by NeverForget

No such thing as evolution. It's still just a theory, not a fact but is portrayed as if it is fact when there is no concrete proof it is true.

Why must we keep explaining to you the difference between a scientific theory and the laymen's version of theory? They are NOT the same.

A scientific theory “a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.”

Definition

So, evolution is a religion.

There are so many fallacies in this five letter sentence it's laughable. Evolution is not a religion. Evolution doesn't give spiritual meaning to our lives. Evolution does not explain morality, ethics, laws, etc. Evolution doesn't have cute little stories about how to live your life, nor does it explain how we got here or why we are here. Last, but not least, there isn't a book that tells you to believe in it otherwise you'll spend eternity in Hell.

All those are attributes of religion, get it right.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Whatever the exact year is, it's agreed that it was written in the 30th century - it still suggests man was only capable of writing for about 6,000 years.

We have evidence of civilizations dating back 14,000 years. Were these people floating in space before God created the Earth?

You just think the Earth is billions of years older because of some book, I believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old because of evidence, and a book that has proven to be historically accurate. Debate me on that, if you wish.

You have it backwards: we believe the Earth is billions of years old based on evidence; lots of evidence. YOU believe the Earth is 6,000 years old based on a book that doesn't even say the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Yes, let's debate that.

For you to claim the Earth is older than 6000 years is to be blind to those facts and extremely insulting towards other people and their cultures. But then again, atheistic folk such as yourself do not rely on fact or truth as you are blind to facts and truth through your zealotry. And as such...we have been warned for the blind trying to lead the blind.

You still have to present evidence the Earth is 6,000 years old. You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Just because you seemingly find fault in dating methods that work, doesn't automatically prove your view correct. You must have this thing called evidence before you claim it as fact.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

And translations don't change the meaning - it changes the language.

As a retired translator (among many other professions), I can tell that a translation has to be as literal as possible (though you will not achieve 100% accuracy when you translate complex texts or concepts) and as free as needed, which means whenever an accurate rendering is not possible the translator must suffice with something similar to express the same thing. Take the expression "to beat about the bush", for example, if you translate it literally, word by word, the meaning is lost and becomes something entirely different in another language. So, what you must do is find a similar expression that has roughly the same meaning.

Also, what happens when you make a translation of a translation of yet another translation is that a lot is lost. The OT was originally written in Hebrew, was then translated into Greek, from there to Latin and from there first into German (Martin Luther) and later in English and other languages.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Whatever the exact year is, it's agreed that it was written in the 30th century - it still suggests man was only capable of writing for about 6,000 years. You just think the Earth is billions of years older because of some book, I believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old because of evidence, and a book that has proven to be historically accurate. Debate me on that, if you wish.

If I may step in here, I could say a couple of things to consider, assuming we are posting here to gain insight from one another.

I do not believe most of the population thinks that the Earth is older than 6k years because of some book. Most people understand this because they understand the nature of radiocarbon dating, among other things. Actually, I just read an article that says radiocarbon dating is flawed and not to be trusted, with organic material over 150 million years or older. Even if the math was still wrong by 100 million years, Earth would still be quite a bit older than you suggest.

How does someone who still holds on the the belief of the biblical age for Earth reconcile with the remains of dinosaurs?

You speak of evidence that proves the Earth is 6k years old; what evidence is that? I find it interesting that you think this is a fact. I don't see a lot of people trying to prove that water is wet, or fire is hot for a simple reason; there is no evidence in this world that would suggest otherwise. As long as there is a topic anywhere, about anything with multiple explanations then the facts of the matter are in dispute and therefore are classified as theories. Can you be humble enough to acknowledge that you prescribe to a theoretical belief system? To 'know' something when there is evidence to the contrary present shows an absence of critical thinking.

There is also a stark contradiction in your argument when you suggest that someone shouldn't believe what they read from a book, and your source for 'proof' comes from the exact same thing.

Anyway, I am not throwing stones here, I am just curious as to how you come to your conclusions with such certainty. If your certainty stems from, or around, a bible then just understand that the only real fact about the bible is that it is, in fact, a book. A book is a collection of words and pictures with the intended purpose to share ideas, concepts, feelings, and information. The meaning from any of those words are subject to interpretation by each individual who reads them. Anything that is subject to interpretation can not be a fact. The contents in that book may be true, but that is not the same thing.

Would it blow your mind to think that you don't really 'know' anything?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Lot's of speculation in the OP.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I can't watch an hour and fifteen minute video while I am work. Care to break it down for me?

Nope, watch it when you get home.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

There are so many fallacies in this five letter sentence it's laughable. Evolution is not a religion. Evolution doesn't give spiritual meaning to our lives. Evolution does not explain morality, ethics, laws, etc. Evolution doesn't have cute little stories about how to live your life, nor does it explain how we got here or why we are here. Last, but not least, there isn't a book that tells you to believe in it otherwise you'll spend eternity in Hell.

All those are attributes of religion, get it right.

The Holy Bible doesn't tell you to believe in it or you will go to hell, it tells you to believe in Yeshua, or you will be dead for eternity, go to Sheol which is the abode of the dead or as you know it today...the GRAVE.
edit on 5-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying , I am Christ; and shall deceive many." Matthew 24 (King James Version) "

this to my mind,, is about the catholic church/pope/papal/preists.... and pretty much the pseudo christianity that is practiced in lives and politics..........

i do not hate on the church,,, i had a revelation of the great confidence the idea and setting the church/religion has on an individual or individuals... a group of neighbors and family and friends feeling comfortable with each other,, a power in numbers thing,,,, the next step and the best step,, would be to have a religious experience with all people of the world, a world church,, that unites all as equal humans under god.... people can still practice what ever theyd like,,, but it would still be nice for all people to recognize the similarity in their experience of existing as a human on earth,, and that most likely we all share the same creator..

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Okay... this thread is based on your opinions.

There was certainly a messiah, and I believe so because the Holy Bible has had more impact and influence on every society

The impact and influence of the bible is in no way proof of a messiah. This is the same as stating Jesus is real because 2 billion people believe it. Belief in something does not make it real. We all worship money; does this make money a god?

I'm not criticizing your belief in Jesus. I'm just saying your reasoning for believing is flawed.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Bible was written by man and inspired by The Lord. He inspires each one of us EVERY day, but we are human, and we each translate that inspiration differently. So even those who wrote the books of the Bible still had their own spin on it. It was written to use as a tool but not your only tool. You wouldn't tend your garden with just a shovel, you need other tools to make a well rounded garden. That is where people get hung up, it doesn't matter what religion they are they believe their "holy book" is the word of God period. It is a double edged sword, we have to be human to learn what we need to while we are here, but it also puts a barrier between us and The Lord which is sometimes hard to see through.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why do we need to have a "religious experience" with all the people in the world? How could such a thing even be possible? One of the fundamentalists in this very thread denies that human beings drew pictures on cave walls 25,000 years ago in France, or that the first known "books" (stone tablets with carved pictograms) existed in ancient Mesopotamia around 2500 years before the proto-Jewish people even began to write their Torah.

As a child I was indoctrinated in both Lutheran and Presbyterian orthodoxy at parochial schools, and I do not call myself "Christian." How can I? The world view of the typical American Christian is far too tiny to contain the wonder of the truth of the universe / creation, and there are too many Hindi's, Buddhists, Taoists and indigenous peoples to even imagine that the maker revealed himself to one people only, and in their words alone are contained "the truth."

We don't need "religion" to love the maker, and trying to shoehorn ourselves into ANY particular brand of faith is like grasping an Elephant's balls and proclaiming total knowledge of the species. Far better to simply "love one another" and try to be less judgmental, but -- where's the fun in that, right?
edit on 5-6-2012 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i have the entire word of God and have seen God with my own eyes and heard the trumpets that accompany him.

i assume I am not unique or special in any way and that many people live day to day with an equal amount of certainty as to I.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The Holy Bible doesn't tell you to believe in it or you will go to hell, it tells you to believe in Yeshua, or you will be dead for eternity, go to Sheol which is the abode of the dead or as you know it today...the GRAVE.
edit on 5-6-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Interesting that you would argue semantics instead of countering my position. I should have said Jesus (Yeshua), but I was writing off the top of my head and didn't proof read. You seem to understand the point I made and decided to play word games. Typical of Christians who can't defend their weak arguments.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

There is a saying in Rastafarianism that states, "Every man is his own Messiah."
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

That is the arch cry of secular humanism too: you are your own god.
I don't subscribe to that.
My experience of humanity tells me it isn't a deity worth worshipping.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TopherWayne

Well said response...unfortunately that isn't the only insanity used by the church. Interesting. Greetings from Barstow.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Belief in something does not make it real. We all worship money; does this make money a god?
reply to post by jiggerj

The answer is, YES! Money IS a god!
Does it make it worth worshipping? No.
But I understand why people do.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

There are still original Greek and Hebrew scrolls that are still read and in existence.
reply to post by borntowatch

There are no originals. There are some very old manuscripts, but only copies of copies. However, that doesn't mean they are changed. You should check how many times God talks about His words, not His ideas, concepts, or thoughts. You are wrong to think that God gave it and then left man to translate it. He knows exactly what He wants to tell man and He speaks all languages equally well, so He can lead the translators to chose the exact right words. We have the words of God in the King James. Ps 138 tells us that "for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." He is interested in preserving His exact words to us.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
Hell no! I don't want to worship a Lord whose devoted followers think it's okay for a 5 year old boy to go up before all of the Lord's people in THE LORD'S HOUSE and sing "Aint No Homo Gonna Make It To Heaven" That is utterly disgusting to corrput an innocent child like that. Just imagine what a utopia this planet would be if all organized religion were to be eliminated!

That is not a Lord I wish to know!
edit on 11/17/2010 by TopherWayne because: (no reason given)

One persons or one religious view of Jesus Christ does not necessarily equate to the truth. I feel sad that you do not have an open mind enough to see that Christians are soooooo different in their view.

So many people here try and blanket Christians a certain negative way, but as a follower of Jesus Christ, who loves the Son of God very much, I feel blessed and thankful that His loving hand and the Holy Spirit guide and protect my life. It's not nearly as hateful as the media and people who so narrow mindedly lump all Christians together think it is. There is no Hate in my Lord. Just Love!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
But back on point. I too long for the truth... and I don't see much of it in the established churches but to those who seek the truth, I hope you find it! I search for it myself on my own personal path.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join