It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any of you KNOW The Lord? Seriously

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Okay... this thread is based on your opinions.

There was certainly a messiah, and I believe so because the Holy Bible has had more impact and influence on every society and in every religion of every generation than any other influence known to mankind (both positive and negative influence, based on the interpreters and how they presented the religion the messiah spoke of). And yes, I believe in God.

However, look at how many hundreds of years have gone by since the Bible was originally written. Look at how many times and in how many languages it has been translated. It's known that the Catholic church removed certain books of the Bible a long time back, claiming that ordinary people were 'not worthy' to read it. The Bible has been in the hands of many different generations of governments, kings, queens, emperors, dictators, presidents, and all the possible secret societies behind them all. Who's to say how many times it's been changed and altered?

Not to mention that many people preform customs and traditions that they believe are Christian, but actually aren't. The reason a rabbit is the symbol of easter is because rabbits and hares were the first hunt of the spring solstice in the pagan traditions. The word "Easter" is derived from "Ishtar", the Roman moon goddess, who had a begotten son with the Roman sun god. The Roman sun god's birthday was known to be the 25th of December, that's where the date came from that began Christmas. Christmas itself was a Roman holiday, when men gathered, had sex with each other, beat their wives, drank, and caused disturbances in their society. The holiday got so out of control, it was outlawed. Besides, the scripture says that the son of God wasn't born in winter. It was some time between summer and November. And the story of Santa originated from three older legends. Here's the link to a video I made a long time ago, it can explain it better than I can type it.

www.youtube.com...

Basically what I'm saying here is this... How much of the original word of God do we actually have?

Personally, I believe you can't trust books, churches, religions and rules. You have to find God within yourself, pray, love, forgive, and follow whatever you feel is good and right. That's the only way you can find God anymore.

All other paths are wild goose chases that all end in fire.

What do you think? Do you think the word of God is still here on this earth?

Or has it been corrupted beyond repair, and only inside our hearts can we find it again?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I am a spiritual person, not a religious person.

Because of that, I am able to form my own beliefs of higher powers etc. catering it directly to my own mind.

There is a saying in Rastafarianism that states, "Every man is his own Messiah."

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Hell no! I don't want to worship a Lord whose devoted followers think it's okay for a 5 year old boy to go up before all of the Lord's people in THE LORD'S HOUSE and sing "Aint No Homo Gonna Make It To Heaven" That is utterly disgusting to corrput an innocent child like that. Just imagine what a utopia this planet would be if all organized religion were to be eliminated!

That is not a Lord I wish to know!
edit on 11/17/2010 by TopherWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

o yea? if you are like a god, why are you just like every other ordinary person. Where is your talent or special powers.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It's like saying
Do any of you know the Illuminati?
No ones them, knows when they were form. All we know is based on the Internet or other "sources."
No REAL facts or evidence about them. Yet we still believe in them. I'm not saying anything I'm just trying to compare. Don't be closed minded.
Everything was made perfect. God is everywhere & he is everything.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DominusIlluminatioMea

I never once said I was a god, I was just saying that I like to form my own ways of thinking about spirituality.

The saying that I mentioned, it means that every person has the freedom to believe how they want to believe, in a way that works for them.

Just stating my opinion, you do not have to agree.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Yeah find god in yourself... just like hitler did...

If your god says to murder your wife and children according to XxNightAngelusxX youve got to listen because who knows for sure its NOT god...

We all need to listen to our inner god and disregard years of collected history and philosophy because it takes to long to learn. Who needs knowledge?!?!??! ... am i right? Its not like educated free thinkers have been dying because of religious idiots preaching what "their" god wants. We all know that history isnt littered with the constant parasitic nature of religion being ripped from the flesh of humanity tooth by tooth for centuries.

wait a second....!
edit on 5-6-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
NO, now stop asking

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The reality is the bible still speaks to humanity. Barring a few questionable translations most of them are still accurate. There are still original Greek and Hebrew scrolls that are still read and in existence.

Many people and religions miss represent the bible and say what is not written in it to justify their position. They lie or change or deny the written word.
Take the Catholic church. They now deny that the bible teaches that Idol worship is in the Ten Commandments. Its still there though.
The bible still teaches love peace charity and forgiveness, its message hasnt changed.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I have never met anyone who called then selves Lord, so no sorry.

I have how ever met many people claiming to know him but, they have been found wanting.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yes I know him personally, and I follow him on twitter and sometimes he drunk texts me.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DominusIlluminatioMea

o yea? if you are like a god, why are you just like every other ordinary person. Where is your talent or special powers.

Where is this so called lords talent or special power?

Wait, for some reason a non existent entity has created billions of believers.... Guess that's a pretty neat trick.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Originally posted by DominusIlluminatioMea

Where is this so called lords talent or special power?

Wait, for some reason a non existent entity has created billions of believers.... Guess that's a pretty neat trick.

He must of created a "twitter" account...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yes, i know God, he lives just down the street from me....we play poker every alternate Thursday with Methusala and Charlton Heston.

He makes a wicked avacado dip and can drink anyone under the table.....even Chuck Norris!

Seriously i know of God, I would like to know him....all i can really do is try to get closer to him. Because Im imperfect and a sinner..I will never truly know him......All I can do is try to live by his word so that I sin....less.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

And yes, I believe in God.

So do I.

But I do not believe in a God that allows a church that is set up in its name to rule by fear and who demands to be worshiped.

And do I "know" the "Lord"?

I have a real good hunch that the God I believe in is part of all of us, and I pretty much know myself (apart from a few surprises), so I suppose the answer is yes.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne
Hell no! I don't want to worship a Lord whose devoted followers think it's okay for a 5 year old boy to go up before all of the Lord's people in THE LORD'S HOUSE and sing "Aint No Homo Gonna Make It To Heaven" That is utterly disgusting to corrput an innocent child like that. Just imagine what a utopia this planet would be if all organized religion were to be eliminated!

edit on 11/17/2010 by TopherWayne because: (no reason given)

I agree with you on everything except the part where you said it would be a utopia without religion, which is obvious not true. There are atheists that are evil, if someone is evil, they are evil, whether they have a religion to hide behind or not.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Yes, I know the Lord. We just had a lovely talk, actually. The last few days I have grown ever closer, and with it have brought many blessings. I can't be thankful enough.

One thing I do know, is that the Bible IS true. After reading this post, it seems you have a lot of misconceptions about it - and that's probably a big factor as to why you don't believe the Bible is His word.

Let's start with one claim at a time.

However, look at how many hundreds of years have gone by since the Bible was originally written. Look at how many times and in how many languages it has been translated.

Thousands of years, actually. And translations don't change the meaning - it changes the language. Yes, the Bible has been translated dozens of times - but you know what? If you line up all the translations one by one, the message is still the same.

It's known that the Catholic church removed certain books of the Bible a long time back, claiming that ordinary people were 'not worthy' to read it.

Don't read a Roman Catholic Bible, then. The Christian Bible (specifically the KJV) is the accurate one, and has not been affected as much as you would think.

The Bible has been in the hands of many different generations of governments, kings, queens, emperors, dictators, presidents, and all the possible secret societies behind them all. Who's to say how many times it's been changed and altered?

If you look into it, the Bible has not been changed all that much. There were copies, yes. Copies after copies after copies. But here's the thing - they were copies. If you put a letter in the copy machine, what comes out?

A copy.

The reason it was copied so much, was because the documents were getting worn out and were needing back ups - people used them a lot. This isn't a bad thing. In fact, it's a good thing - something that is worn out that much means that they were reliable sources of information. Wikipedia is used daily, and it's reliable - for the most part. I would be afraid of the documents that AREN'T used much, that don't have any other copies available. As it stands, the Bible is a tried-and-true historical document. The finding of the Dead Sea scrolls confirm that it's word has stayed the same for thousands of years.

You also mentioned Easter and Christmas. I agree - Easter and Christmas are pagan holidays. The reason they are celebrated as Christian holidays, is because Emperor Constantine, when he "converted to Christianity", still had his pagan roots and wanted to create a holiday for both pagans and Christians.

The REAL Christian holidays to celebrate, are Passover (, Palm Sunday (The Sunday before Easter, when Jesus entered into Jerusalem), Resurrection Day (aka Easter), Good Friday (commemorating the Passion), and even the "lesser" holidays of Maundy (the Thursday before Easter, commemorating the Last Supper) or even Thanksgiving.

Easter and Passover have nothing in common, however. Even though the Bible uses the term, it doesn't mean there is common ground to accept Easter. Passover is a VERY significant holiday - it signifies the "passing over" of God's judgement. It originated as the final plague against Pharaoh, and the "passing over" of death over the Hebrews living there, signifying God's passing judgement. For Christians, Passover is in memorial of the crucifixion of Christ.

The Passover of the Old Testament was a foreshadowing of things to come in the New Testament - Death of the firstborns, the young children, innocent - the plague from Pharaoh, as it's known - and the passing over of judgement from the children of God - the Hebrews. It foreshadowed the death of Christ, and with his resurrection comes salvation - the passing over of judgement on the children of God.

As for Christmas.. it is just when they think Christ was born, but he was likely born in September.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TopherWayne

You don't want to worship the Lord.. because of His followers?

Let's get something straight. God is love, peace, grace, mercy.. his followers are sinners and hypocrites. Your logic is extremely faulty and dangerous. They aren't exercising the one thing God told them to do - love. Homosexuals aren't excluded from that - Love them. Love them, love them, love them.

Even so, it is man who corrupted that child, not God. It is hatred that corrupted that man's heart, to incite a young one to do that.. and the Bible mentions these kind of people specifically - Luke 17:1-2 says,

1 Jesus said to his disciples: "Things that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come. It would be better for him to be thrown into the sea with a millstone tied around his neck than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.

There you go - now you know God is against what this person did to incite this child to sing that. Now you have no reason to state your claim. Will you call on the name of the Lord, now?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
i know the lord like i know santa claus

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join